UGA gives some of their staff salary increases...

They need to put a cap on this ****.

Absolutely. You can't have UGA paying analysts $300k when other schools are paying that for position coaches.

Between that absurd number and the absurd numbers of analysts in places like Bama, it needs to do something to level the playing field and cap this arms race that does nothing but hurt most schools who are part of the NCAA as well as the product on the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, any coach that is going to make 12M and not be required to work in a specific state should have moved to Florida or another no-income-tax state.
His son being at UGA as a PWO also most likely played a role in choosing UGA over Miami if an analyst role was ever on the table here.

Seriously - maybe he is super personable when you meet him, but if I saw this guy my first thought is that I want nothing to do with him.

View attachment 142898
1612396510763.jpeg

They need to put a cap on this ****.
I hate this idea as a principle, but outside of NIL being run as fair and perfect as possible and limiting the number of off field coaches/analysts, this is truly the only way to bring parody back to college football.

Seriously - maybe he is super personable when you meet him, but if I saw this guy my first thought is that I want nothing to do with him.

View attachment 142898
I was Exec. Chef at a well known steak house in Coral Gables that recently changed names and the Richt staff were regulars. He is super cool and down to earth. Dugans was cool dude also.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely. You can't have UGA paying analysts $300k when other schools are paying that for position coaches.

Between that absurd number and the absurd numbers of analysts in places like Bama, it needs to do something to level the playing field and cap this arms race that does nothing but hurt most schools who are part of the NCAA as well as the product on the field.

Good luck with Emmert even sniffing anything like this.

The status quo of Alabama dominating, with the occasional other SEC team winning every once in a while, is working just fine for Emmert

Defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae will make $500,000 annually. ( Addae was just hired -He made $325,000 last season at WVU)

Kirby Smart announced the addition of Muschamp to his staff as a Defensive Analyst on Wednesday in a Zoom press conference with reporters. Muschamp is being paid like an assistant coach at $300,000 annually.
He'll receive a $12.9 million buyout from the Gamecocks while having the opportunity to serve in an on-field role at his alma mater. His son, Jackson Muschamp, is a walk-on quarterback for the Bulldogs.

Defensive Coordinator Dan Lanning, who was pursued by Texas and new head coach Steve Sarkisian, has been given a raise to $1.8 million. He made $1.25 million in 2020.

Running backs coach eDell McGee will now make $800,000, a raise of $125,000 from his 2020 salary.

Tight ends coach Todd Hartley will receive a $50,000 raise from $400,000 in 2020 to $450,000 in 2021.
I keep thinking I click on the canes board, yet I end up in the awful state of Georgia.

I was Exec. Chef at a well known steak house in Coral Gables that recently changed names and the Richt staff were regulars. He is super cool and down to earth. Dugans was cool dude also.

If it’s the place that I’m thinking about, they haven’t reopened yet have they? Used to go there a ton. Mainly for business.

If they’re letting analysts get paid whatever what’s really the difference between that and a second, third, forth coordinator? Didn’t the analysts have to get paid like 50k at one point?

Thats one of the true differences between the Bama level programs and everybody else. Hes got former HC's as analysts. Other P5 programs have GA's in these roles sometimes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae will make $500,000 annually. ( Addae was just hired -He made $325,000 last season at WVU)

Kirby Smart announced the addition of Muschamp to his staff as a Defensive Analyst on Wednesday in a Zoom press conference with reporters. Muschamp is being paid like an assistant coach at $300,000 annually.
He'll receive a $12.9 million buyout from the Gamecocks while having the opportunity to serve in an on-field role at his alma mater. His son, Jackson Muschamp, is a walk-on quarterback for the Bulldogs.

Defensive Coordinator Dan Lanning, who was pursued by Texas and new head coach Steve Sarkisian, has been given a raise to $1.8 million. He made $1.25 million in 2020.

Running backs coach eDell McGee will now make $800,000, a raise of $125,000 from his 2020 salary.

Tight ends coach Todd Hartley will receive a $50,000 raise from $400,000 in 2020 to $450,000 in 2021.
That McGee must be the money man. That’s one **** of a raise for a RB’s coach.

Advertisement
Back