UGA coaching staff news....

Advertisement
Depending on how valuable McClendon is to Richt he might throw a co-OC title on him. Richt calling plays changes everything on the OC front. Don't need to go after a big name.

We need to hire an absolute beastly creature at DC though.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Eason wouldn't follow Richt, but instead go to U***?

He basically wants a starting job handed to him. Here, u gotta sit behind BK for 2 years. Plus there's JA to deal with and even ES. So he would have to battle here to win the job. At UF, he going against Treon Harris....lol. Advantage UF.

Exactly but it's also possibly extremely shortsighted on his part if he goes that route. Look at Christian Hackenburg. I'm hearing now that he's a definite second rounder unless Bill O'Brien is still in Houston and wastes their first rounder on him. Plus, McEltoof's offense should not have him remotely excited.

McEltoof is probably telling him his offense was very vanilla this year because he had no QB.
And then sells him not only on his Alabama experience, but the fact that he coached some pretty good QBs at Michigan State, Fresno
State and also worked in the NFL.
I know the pitch already, and combined with the returning talent, it is not hard to see how and why he can sell Eason.

Oh absolutely. I just wish Eason (or any other QB recruit) would be like "Awesome but didn't you once say that your offense could be successful with a dog at QB? What happened, Coach Toof?".

Problem with Champipple Tony going to UF is that Grier already showed himself to be a very competent QB. If Eason goes there and plays the first 5 games while Grier sits out and is anything short of phenomenal Grier will eat his lunch.

Advertisement
Richt sure is taking his time. Has to be waiting on the nfl season

Potatoe Chip, as OC, would have been announced already, but the NFC east is a congested mess. There's no verbal on this, but there is an oral.

His dad said he'd stick if the oc hire is ok. Then they went and hired Pitt oc lol

Advertisement
Getting Pittman is the steal. Guy coaches OL on an incredible level. Wanted him at UM for awhile.

May say something about our future staff.

Per Football Scoop.

Friday December 11, 2015 - FootballScoop

Georgia: Sources confirmed to us Pitt offensive coordinator Jim Chaney will be the
offensive coordinator at Georgia. Sources also now have confirmed Arkansas offensive line
coach Sam Pittman will join him at Georgia.

Wow, Pitt oc? I'm sure that Eason is super excited

Didn't Eason flip to UF?

No

Bryan McClendon Sure seems like a name that will travel with Richt. He is the interim HC for the bowl game correct? I would like him and Rocker on the Miami staff and that would be it from UGA.

Richt said he was going to take his time. No coach is going to leave bowl money on the table. The show will start for all of them in January.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back