UGA coaching staff news....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Eason wouldn't follow Richt, but instead go to U***?

He basically wants a starting job handed to him. Here, u gotta sit behind BK for 2 years. Plus there's JA to deal with and even ES. So he would have to battle here to win the job. At UF, he going against Treon Harris....lol. Advantage UF.

Can someone explain to me why Eason wouldn't follow Richt, but instead go to U***?

He basically wants a starting job handed to him. Here, u gotta sit behind BK for 2 years. Plus there's JA to deal with and even ES. So he would have to battle here to win the job. At UF, he going against Treon Harris....lol. Advantage UF.

Yep, and we all know the uf**** coaches are selling Eason on the fact that they made it to the SEC title with virtually no QB, but with alot
of talented freshmen on his side of the ball that will be there for him for at least the next 3 years.
Not a hard sell at all.

Advertisement

Exactly but it's also possibly extremely shortsighted on his part if he goes that route. Look at Christian Hackenburg. I'm hearing now that he's a definite second rounder unless Bill O'Brien is still in Houston and wastes their first rounder on him. Plus, McEltoof's offense should not have him remotely excited.

To be fair, there is another high 4* qb in the gators recruiting class. I don't think he's scared of compeititon (from kids in his own class). He just wants to start right away

Advertisement

This has the earmark of a "Cluster Truck" when Grier is available again...Harris is done and Grier will definetly ahead of Eason when he's back..

Exactly but it's also possibly extremely shortsighted on his part if he goes that route. Look at Christian Hackenburg. I'm hearing now that he's a definite second rounder unless Bill O'Brien is still in Houston and wastes their first rounder on him. Plus, McEltoof's offense should not have him remotely excited.

McEltoof is probably telling him his offense was very vanilla this year because he had no QB.
And then sells him not only on his Alabama experience, but the fact that he coached some pretty good QBs at Michigan State, Fresno
State and also worked in the NFL.
I know the pitch already, and combined with the returning talent, it is not hard to see how and why he can sell Eason.

To be fair...their offense was pretty good with Grier. Easons gotta be thinking they could win right away with him. But at the same time it remains to be seen if that defense will be as good next year. Btw what kind of defense does UF run. I love the way they get after it.

Advertisement
To be fair...their offense was pretty good with Grier. Easons gotta be thinking they could win right away with him. But at the same time it remains to be seen if that defense will be as good next year. Btw what kind of defense does UF run. I love the way they get after it.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not....

Randy Shannon has a big part in uf defense

Thomas Brown (Current UGA RB Coach) will also stay on Smart's staff

i expected that. Grew up in GA, played for UGA (RB there) ... makes complete sense for him.

That means that Bryan McClendon only has one spot left on that staff as WR coach (which is where he's currently at) but I think he wants more responsibility.

I read on a UGA site that they believe there is already a deal in place for McClendon to come on as RB or WR coach/Asst OC with Richt calling plays. This would be huge.

Advertisement
Back