Ufomba *The African Nightmare* Kamalu update

frank1886

Junior
Let me try and imitate ThreadKilla:

-He's just waiting UM to accept him.

-He's fully cleared and waiting for his final grades and see if UM accepts him.

-He was wavering, but now he is 100% CANE!

-He's lifting 3-4 hours a day, running 1 1/2 hours a day.

-He talks to UM staff a lot and he's currently in GA.

:quag:

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the kind of kid where "diversity" makes sense. If what I've read about him is true, he understands the value of education. Whatever scholastic shortcomings he has he will overcome with tutoring and hard work. I think the question is not whether or not the U will admit him, it is whether or not the NCAA (Ve haff rruls!) gives a ****.

Advertisement
Again is he good?
Dmoney Ariz gogeta datdude etc anyone?

prefer someone who doesnt think everyones good because he chose the U opinions.

The Nigerian fence is officially back up!

114.gif

Advertisement
Is this kid any good?

Hard to say what he'll be once here, but I found this on the Interwebs. http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/10/25/de-ufomba-kamula-making-name-for-himself-at-starrs-mill/

DE Ufomba Kamula making name for himself at Starr’s Mill
4:18 pm October 25, 2010, by Chip Towers

The best defensive end in the state you probably never heard of is Ufomba Kamalu.

Kamula (6-foot-5, 245 pounds) has been terrorizing opponents for Starr’s Mill all season. He had five sacks in a 35-24 vcvtory over Northgate just this past weekend.

But you won’t find this athletic senior on any recruiting lists. That’s because Kamula came to Starr’s Mill in the ninth grade from Nigeria. As a result, his academics aren’t quite in order to be considered by Football Bowl Subdivision schools.

Nevertheless, one opposing coach told Starr’s Mill coach Chad Phillips that Kamalu was by far the best defensive linemen he’d seen this season. And that, the coach said, includes the much-ballyhooed LaMichael Fanning of Harris County, who has committed to Alabama.

“He’s D-1, now; he’s D-I all the way,” Phillips told Georgia High School Football Daily. “You’ve got to see him. He looks like Adonis; real cut, no fat on him.”

College coaches are starting to take notice. They are often calling Phillips to request video of offensive line prospect Alex Barr. When they get it, they tend to notice Kamalu.

“All the coaches are calling when they see him on film,” Phillips said. “‘Who’s that No. 47?’”

Phillips believes Kamula will get a chance to display his talents in big-time college football. After, that is, short stint at prep school.

Last edited:
Again is he good?

He is big and full grown man. He plays DL and can suit up this year. How good does he have to be to be better than last year.

Again is he good?

Can anybody really say at this point, if he gets in, we should know the answer to this real soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back