MMA UFC Fight Island

Who has the better legacy, Nate Diaz or Marty? Marty has the better record and is a champion. Nate will never be forgotten.

After I get over my hangover tomorrow morning, trust me Usman will be forgotten. There's nothing worse than not being respected. Like I said, I'll never pay to watch another one of his "fights", and I use that term about as loosely as one could.

Advertisement
Fans absolutely want to see domination.

Look at what a pure wrestler like Khabib does to people - it's terrifying and fans pay to see it (even if some complain about it because it's not a kick boxing match).

Usman used his wrestling to avoid a fight there - that's why people are complaining.
People are complaining because they don't like Usman & wanted him to lose & when he doesn't they nitpick how he won.

It's the same thing they do for every fighter that's dominant in the sport but isn't a "people's champ".

Like I said check any thread after any event with the guys I mentioned before, it's all the exact same complaints because people hate to see them win.

Who has the better legacy, Nate Diaz or Marty? Marty has the better record and is a champion. Nate will never be forgotten.
Neither will Usman, if people are "forgetting" him it's because they never cared for or followed him in the first place.

Haters will always have a reason to hate on a guy they don't like because he continues to win.

That's why it's hilarious, people only watch to see him lose & when he doesn't those same people get ****ed & try to diminish his accomplishments lol it's very childish but also typical.

People are complaining because they don't like Usman & wanted him to lose & when he doesn't they nitpick how he won.

It's the same thing they do for every fighter that's dominant in the sport but isn't a "people's champ".

Like I said check any thread after any event with the guys I mentioned before, it's all the exact same complaints because people hate to see them win.

You and I usually share similar takes, but here's one where we're on different planets.

In team sports like football, basketball, and baseball......winning is all that matters. No apologies need to be made.

Boxing and UFC, how you win matters. These guys all care about being the best and being in the discussion for GOAT. There's a reason guys like Mayweather and Usman are hated and it has absolutely nothing to do with "winning". It's absolutely unwatchable garbage and an exploitation of the highly subjective "points" system.

You and I usually share similar takes, but here's one where we're on different planets.

In team sports like football, basketball, and baseball......winning is all that matters. No apologies need to be made.

Boxing and UFC, how you win matters. These guys all care about being the best and being in the discussion for GOAT. There's a reason guys like Mayweather and Usman are hated and it has absolutely nothing to do with "winning". It's absolutely unwatchable garbage.
It's only "unwatchable" if you don't know or have an appreciation for what you're watching.

You guys want Gladiator fights, but the sport is more complex than that & the negative backlash these guys face has absolutely everything to do with winning because yall want them to lose, that's the Crux of the issue, it's the fact that a guy you don't like keeps winning is what ****es yall off lol.

Because trust me, had Masvidal won & beat Usman the same way Usman beat him, not a single one of you would be mad or upset about it because the guy you like won. Stylistic wins only matter when you're making an argument to take away from someone's win that you're not a fan of.

I get it, I just think it's funny. Because I can guarantee the exact same people ****ed & complaining will say the exact same things when Khabib beats Gaethje. He'll get the same criticisms & it'll all be because everyone just can't wait until he loses.

Advertisement
It's only "unwatchable" if you don't know or have an appreciation for what you're watching.

You guys want Gladiator fights, but the sport is more complex than that & the negative backlash these guys face has absolutely everything to do with winning because yall want them to lose, that's the Crux of the issue, it's the fact that a guy you don't like keeps winning is what ****es yall off lol.

Because trust me, had Masvidal won & beat Usman the same way Usman beat him, not a single one of you would be mad or upset about it because the guy you like won. Stylistic wins only matter when you're making an argument to take away from someone's win that you're not a fan of.

I get it, I just think it's funny. Because I can guarantee the exact same people ****ed & complaining will say the exact same things when Khabib beats Gaethje. He'll get the same criticisms & it'll all be because everyone just can't wait until he loses.

Oh trust me, I know. I wrestled in high school so if anyone should have an appreciation for Usman style, it's me.....and I don't....at least not in this arena. I simply can't get on board with your (and in fairness many others as well) logic on this.

It's unwatchable garbage in a hand to hand combat setting outside of the wrestling arena.

Last edited:

I respect your opinion but I would be mad if Masvidal won with toe stomps and no action. That's just me though....I would be like ok he won but that **** was boring af.

At the end day, yall can be as mad as you want to, but guess what...

The strap stays with Usman, now go find another fighter to hype up so yall can be disappointed when he beats them too lol.

#AndStill 💪🏾💯

Advertisement

The strap stays with Usman, now go find another fighter to hype up so yall can be disappointed when he beats them too lol.

#AndStill 💪🏾💯

I usually love your takes, but for some reason you're in full troll mode on this.

Nobody is 'mad', they were just bored. Usman dominated against the fence, but never tried / couldn't (to) get a finish. He used his superior wrestling to avoid a fight.

At the end of the day, the only thing that happens is Usman starts complaining about fighter pay. Dana will do to him what he did to DJ; put him as a headliner on Fight Night cards as he's now a negative net draw for PPVs (assuming he gets PPV points).

#AndStill 💪🏾💯

Or we can simply choose to ignore him, disrespect him, and do the ultimate thing that hurts and that's not not pay to watch his foot stomping, 6 shoulder inch pl

"wHo'S gOnNa rEmEmBeR uSmAn?!?.."

The history books...

History also remembers the 2002 Ohio State championship and the 1972 Russian olympic basketball team gold medal.....slippery slope my friend.

Advertisement

#AndStill 💪🏾💯

Who cares who wins. Just want a great fight
200-2-1.gif

Nope

I usually love your takes, but for some reason you're in full troll mode on this.

Nobody is 'mad', they were just bored. Usman dominated against the fence, but never tried / couldn't (to) get a finish. He used his superior wrestling to avoid a fight.

At the end of the day, the only thing that happens is Usman starts complaining about fighter pay. Dana will do to him what he did to DJ; put him as a headliner on Fight Night cards as he's now a negative net draw for PPVs (assuming he gets PPV points).

Agreed. People respect guys who wrestle and maintain top position. The only thing that hurts Usman is that tonight he had no ground and pound. He got Masvidal up against the fence and held him there. He refused to stand up and trade with him. There wasn’t even one attempt to submit or KO Jorge. It was literally a high school wrestling match.

Guys like Khabib and Cejudo, who can do the same are entertaining. Usman just isn’t.

Advertisement
Like I said Jorge was hyped because he flash kod Askren who would have just taken him down for 5 rounds and then did some stupid trolling and then beat Diaz for some stupid made up belt

Its great he loves the U and reap it but the dude is an average limited fighter

Usman stood with Covington the entire fight even though they are both high level wrestlers. If Jorge had an entire training camp to prepare and condition the fight would have been much different. Jorge may not have won but you would have seen better takedown defense and better striking. Usman doesn't want to stand with Jorge.

It was a bad fight for Masvidal because he couldn't do anything with him because styles make fights.

Usman did exactly what he was supposed to do against an opponent that can't stop his wrestling.

Usman did what he needed to do to win. But it was a bad fight for the sport in front of a big audience and nobody will pay to watch Usman fight again.

Khabib is a grappler but he punishes people on the ground. Usman stalled. Half of the fight was just leaning on the fence. That’s why the reaction to their fights is different.

It has nothing to do with casual fans versus hardcores. I’ve been watching since UFC 8. Plenty of fighters on Twitter are crapping on the fight. Nothing happened.

Advertisement
Back