MMA UFC Fight Island

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a practitioner of the art of jiu jitsu and a devout heterosexual, I don't see it as men crawling all over each other. I can see where a repressed guy like you would.

I can see why someone like you would enjoy such a thing.

on a side note I'm not a fan and never will be a fan of bjj. I don't believe your average shmuck walking down the sidewalk should even be able to be taught such a lethal art of combat. Only police/military should have this type of training, otherwise some tool like you yourself can actually hurt an upstanding citizen whom actually contributes to society.

and this is coming from someone who stopped one belt short of a black belt because I didn't wanna get myself registered. I took 4 years of classes, 8 months of those were from a world champion 4 days a week... so it's not like I actually hate martial arts, just bjj.

on a side note I'm not a fan and never will be a fan of bjj. I don't believe your average shmuck walking down the sidewalk should even be able to be taught such a lethal art of combat. Only police/military should have this type of training, otherwise some tool like you yourself can actually hurt an upstanding citizen whom actually contributes to society.

and this is coming from someone who stopped one belt short of a black belt because I didn't wanna get myself registered. I took 4 years of classes, 8 months of those were from a world champion 4 days a week... so it's not like I actually hate martial arts, just bjj.

Registered 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅

Imagine legitimately believing that only law enforcement should be allowed to be trained to effectively defend themselves.

That's because you probably don't know much about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

They're not just crawling all over each other, it's the Martial art & technique of grappling to get a submission.

It's a lot more complex & intricate than what you might think.

But if you prefer just striking, Kickboxing/Muay Thai would probably be something you'd like more.
Would you say Nate Diaz is python-esque in his ability to get a submission hold??

Advertisement
Would you say Nate Diaz is python-esque in his ability to get a submission hold??
Nate’s best asset in his BJJ game is his length. He is taller than most in his natural weight class 155 and uses that length well by using a lot of standing Kimora locks in grappling situations to control the position and on the ground his triangle game is excellent where his long legs and flexibility are huge assets. Nate loves boxing so much he doesn’t use his BJJ enough in my opinion.

Idk what animal I would compare him to, maybe a Boa constrictor lol, but he's definitely one of the greatest UFC fighters of all-time & is an Elite level 2nd Degree Black belt BJJ practitioner coming straight from the Gracie tree.

He was a silver medalist at the Pan-Americans & has over 10 submission victories in the UFC which is incredibly difficult to do. He's also one tough mf'er & has beat some of the best fighters in the world during the prime of his career.

But at this stage in his career he's just not into anymore, he doesn't really care about fighting all that much anymore.

Nate’s best asset in his BJJ game is his length. He is taller than most in his natural weight class 155 and uses that length well by using a lot of standing Kimora locks in grappling situations to control the position and on the ground his triangle game is excellent where his long legs and flexibility are huge assets. Nate loves boxing so much he doesn’t use his BJJ enough in my opinion.
The Triangle he locked in on Pellegrino was a legendary moment in UFC history.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Askren & Diaz are rock solid.

Askren really, I was pretty hyped about him coming to UFC but he was terrible getting stopped twice and should have probably lost to Lawler
Nate's a solid win but he's fought twice since 2016.

Lets be real if Jorge didn't get that 1 second ko against askren there wouldnt be any hype

Hope Jorge is ready.... I mean he always comes to fight so I'm not questioning his heart but Usman had a full camp to get ready for a fight and Jorge is just jumping in on a weeks notice.... One thing that will get both fighters though is not being acclimated to the area, one week is tough for both fighters to adjust .... I would love to see Mas win but realistically he's behind the 8 ball on this one....
But it is a fight and anything can happen....

Advertisement
Back