MMA UFC Fight Island

BeastMode

Junior
Looks like Masvidal might be replacing Burns who tested positive. So Masvidal vs Usman for the belt? Masvidal Maliki manager posted he is willing to take the fight and just passed testing protocol. This fight card is absolutely loaded.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I typically don’t buy PPVS but I might buy this one since my city is on lockdown anyways. Does anyone know if I have to have an ESpN+ account or if I can just order it outright?

Advertisement
How much y’all think Masvidal is getting paid to take a loss with one week notice?
$0 to get beat, but probably a good 240-400K to fight.

If they were paying someone to take a dive on short notice they would've threw Dos Anjos or Pettis in there.

Masvidal's explosive KO power make him a dangerous opponent, because at any given moment he can catch you square on the jaw & shock you, he's a pure brawler/Kickboxer.

But the way you deal with him is do what Demian Maia did & take him to the ground & force him to work from his back all fight. Take his lungs out & make'em work, which is Usman's strong suit.

Advertisement
For you fight game gatos...

How does Usman take advantage of Masividal?

How does Masividal take advantage of Usman?

Advertisement
No chance. They are the most underpaid athletes. Maybe 150-250K but I doubt it’s even that high. Dana White doesn’t pay his fighters.
Masvidal in his last fight vs Nate Diaz got a total payout of $500K that's including the bonus.

Woodley got $200K in his last fight vs Burns & that was even after a loss, so on short notice for a title fight I'd have to imagine Masvidal is getting $250K-$400K for the fight, with the potential to get more in bonuses if he wins.

For you fight game gatos...

How does Usman take advantage of Masividal?

How does Masividal take advantage of Usman?
Usman's strategy IMO should be take Masvidal's element of surprise away from him, initiate early with legs kicks to slow him down & maintain distance control, then use setup shots in exchanges for an opportunity to go for takedowns & use his high level wrestling to make Masvidal work from his back. Start from full mount, pass to side guard/control & then take his back & work for the RNC. The key is to tire Masvidal out & not allow him to get comfortable in a brawl. If Usman's coaches let him stand in the middle of the Octagon & box it out they're stupid.

For Masvidal, just throw the kitchen sink at him, throw everything you got & then throw some more & hope to catch Usman slipping. Masvidal doesn't do many feints, but his best bet would be to mix it up vs Usman & disrupt his rhythm with elbows, calf kicks & head kicks. He needs to make Usman keep it on his feet & make it a standup fight to give him the best chance.

Advertisement
Back