UFC 239

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.jpeg

Another big UFC fight card with two title fights. Jon "Bones" Jones vs Thiago Santos (205) & Amanda Nunes vs Holly Holm (135lbs)

Jon Jones coming off dominant back to back performances vs Gustafson & Anthony Smith, going up against the BJJ Black belt Santos who's on a 4 fight win streak with stoppages vs Blachowicz, Manuwa, Anders & Kevin Holland.

Jon Jones with a win tonight would surpass Anderson Spider Silva for the longest title defense fight streak at 17 straight title defenses. Jon simply put, is P4P the most dominant Light Heavyweight in UFC history. No one has figured out the equation how to beat him & it's not going to happen this fight either.

Jones's fight IQ, ELITE methodical striking & high caliber ground game puts him far above any other 205er in the division. Santos is a well versed experienced martial artist in multiple styles (Muay-Thai, Capoeira & BJJ), but simply doesn't have the ability to get to Jones.

Jones will keep him at distance, set him up with leg kicks, break him down, tire Santos out, then take him to the ground & get the stoppage in the 4th round.

Next we got Amanda Nunes vs Holly Holm for the Bantamweight title.

Amanda Nunes who is arguably the greatest female UFC fighter ever will be defending her 135lbs belt she won originally won vs Miesha Tate back at UFC 200. Nunes is absolutely on fire right now in the prime of her career coming off W's vs Cris Cyborg, Pennington, Schevchenko, Rousey & Tate.

Holly Holm the fellow Jackson-Wink fighter from the same gym as Jon Jones is also one of the best female fighters in the UFC, most notably known for her head kick KO of Rousey. She's struggled over the last few years after beating Rousey with L's to Cyborg, Schevchenko & Tate, but bounced back & got win vs Megan Anderson.

While I'm a big fan of Holm, unfortunately I don't see her beating Nunes in this one. Amanda Nunes is just too **** strong & is an Elite striker with unmatched punching power. I got Nunes by TKO in the 3rd.

Another great undercard fight is Jorge Masvidal vs Ben Askren.

The Miami local Masvidal had a great showing in his last fight vs Darren Till which resulted in some post fight drama after Masvidal went at Leon Edwards.

Ben Askren the high level elite wrestler making his 2nd fight in the UFC after coming over from One promotion, is putting his undefeated MMA record on the line after locking in a bulldog choke on Robbie Lawler at UFC 235.

I would normally go for Masvidal in this fight, but he struggled & lost to Demian Maia who's is a BJJ assassin. Ben Askren is an even better grappler than Maia, if Askren gets this fight to ground then there's no way Masvidal can beat him. Masvidal is a far superior striker to Askren & in Askren's UFC debut, he **** near almost got KO'd by Lawler, Masvidal is going to have to keep this fight standing up & land strikes to finish Askren.

But I got Askren getting the submit vs Masvidal, but should be a great fight either way.

Who yall got?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew masvidal was going to win but not that fast. Askren is ***. I thought lawler was bout to kill him in his first fight until he got that submission.
I thought Askren would get a chance to take to the ground & make it a grappling match...

Guess not! Lol... But yeah Askren almost got KO'd vs Lawler but was able to pull out of it & withstood the barrage long enough to get Lawler in for a Bulldog.

But Askren has absolutely NO CHIN whatsoever, he cannot defend strikes at all. He's not good enough to be in the octagon with high level strikers, he needs to go back to One or Bellator, because he's just a wrestler with no stand up game at all.

Advertisement
Don't know if yall saw it earlier but Rockhold got KO'd pretty bad too.

Rockhold talks big sh*t all the time but be getting knocked out regularly, another weak chin sh*t talker lol
Rockhold is a punk no chin *****.

Askren can absolutely hang in the UFC. Your head could be a cinder block and that knee would have knocked you out.

Advertisement
Fantastic write up, man! Out of town and just got all the kiddos settle
View attachment 89596

Another big UFC fight card with two title fights. Jon "Bones" Jones vs Thiago Santos (205) & Amanda Nunes vs Holly Holm (135lbs)

Jon Jones coming off dominant back to back performances vs Gustafson & Anthony Smith, going up against the BJJ Black belt Santos who's on a 4 fight win streak with stoppages vs Blachowicz, Manuwa, Anders & Kevin Holland.

Jon Jones with a win tonight would surpass Anderson Spider Silva for the longest title defense fight streak at 17 straight title defenses. Jon simply put, is P4P the most dominant Light Heavyweight in UFC history. No one has figured out the equation how to beat him & it's not going to happen this fight either.

Jones's fight IQ, ELITE methodical striking & high caliber ground game puts him far above any other 205er in the division. Santos is a well versed experienced martial artist in multiple styles (Muay-Thai, Capoeira & BJJ), but simply doesn't have the ability to get to Jones.

Jones will keep him at distance, set him up with leg kicks, break him down, tire Santos out, then take him to the ground & get the stoppage in the 4th round.

Next we got Amanda Nunes vs Holly Holm for the Bantamweight title.

Amanda Nunes who is arguably the greatest female UFC fighter ever will be defending her 135lbs belt she won originally won vs Miesha Tate back at UFC 200. Nunes is absolutely on fire right now in the prime of her career coming off W's vs Cris Cyborg, Pennington, Schevchenko, Rousey & Tate.

Holly Holm the fellow Jackson-Wink fighter from the same gym as Jon Jones is also one of the best female fighters in the UFC, most notably known for her head kick KO of Rousey. She's struggled over the last few years after beating Rousey with L's to Cyborg, Schevchenko & Tate, but bounced back & got win vs Megan Anderson.

While I'm a big fan of Holm, unfortunately I don't see her beating Nunes in this one. Amanda Nunes is just too **** strong & is an Elite striker with unmatched punching power. I got Nunes by TKO in the 3rd.

Another great undercard fight is Jorge Masvidal vs Ben Askren.

The Miami local Masvidal had a great showing in his last fight vs Darren Till which resulted in some post fight drama after Masvidal went at Leon Edwards.

Ben Askren the high level elite wrestler making his 2nd fight in the UFC after coming over from One promotion, is putting his undefeated MMA record on the line after locking in a bulldog choke on Robbie Lawler at UFC 235.

I would normally go for Masvidal in this fight, but he struggled & lost to Demian Maia who's is a BJJ assassin. Ben Askren is an even better grappler than Maia, if Askren gets this fight to ground then there's no way Masvidal can beat him. Masvidal is a far superior striker to Askren & in Askren's UFC debut, he **** near almost got KO'd by Lawler, Masvidal is going to have to keep this fight standing up & land strikes to finish Askren.

But I got Askren getting the submit vs Masvidal, but should be a great fight either way.

Who yall got?
Fantastic write up, man!

Got my stream fired up just in time for that crazy flying knee.

I had Nunes and Jon Jones both destroying tonight. But based on these girls body mannerisms just now, I think Holm may give her a fight.

Rockhold is a punk no chin *****.

Askren can absolutely hang in the UFC. Your head could be a cinder block and that knee would have knocked you out.
If Askren plans on sticking in the UFC, he better learn how to defend strikes because in his first 2 fights he's gotten pummeled immediately.

Everybody that has stepped in the octagon with him (in the UFC) has just bum rushed him with high impact strikes.

It's like he has no idea he's going to get hit in the face lol.

Advertisement
Back