UFC 236

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.jpeg

Two great co-main event interim title bouts in Max Holloway vs Dustin Poirier & Israel Adesanya vs Kelvin Gastelum.

Max Holloway coming off one of the best title matches I've ever seen in the beat down he gave Brian Ortega at UFC 231, moving up from Featherweight to Lightweight to rematch against Diamond Dustin Poirier who beat him early in his career way back at UFC 143.

Poirier coming off a 3 fight win streak vs the likes of Eddie Alvarez, Justin Gaethje & Anthony Pettis, Holloway dominated Ortega & had great performances with back to back wins vs Jose Aldo & another asswhoopin of Pettis.

I got Holloway winning this fight by stoppage in the 4th, his stand up game is just too much to deal with & even though Poirier beat him already that was way early in Holloway's career in just his 5th professional fight. He's much different fighter now & is an absolute high level striker, Poirier will have to take the fight to the ground in order to keep it close, if he stands in the middle of the octagon & tries to exchange with Holloway he'll get KO'd much faster than expected.

Then in the other co-main you got Israel Stylebender Adesanya vs Kelvin Gastelum for the interim 185lbs title.

Stylebender is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC right now, an elite tactical striker with a legendary Kickboxing background & has become a rising Superstar. Coming off a wins bs Brunson & Spider Silva he's looking to put himself in position to take on Robert Whittaker for Middleweight title belt.

Gastelum coming off the win vs Jacare Souza & would've had opportunity to fight Whittaker straight up until the fight got canceled. Gastelum has lost to Weidman, Magny & Woodley in his career.

I got Stylebender winning this convincingly with a TKO. His precision striking will be the edge imo, he has the reach advantage & has a much higher fight IQ than Gastelum, he'll control the distance work KG with leg kicks softening him up to set up for the head kick.

IMO this fight will look like the 185 version of Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier. KG will try to get on the inside & look for a haymaker KO, but that long reach & advanced striking of Adesanya will keep him at bay. Adesanya will use the jab & that spinning elbow to keep KG off rhythm & not allow him to charge in recklessly looking for takedowns.

Who yall got?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do yall think about Dillashaw getting banned for 2 years?

I def wasn't shocked by it, but it's hilarious he still got whooped by Henry "I won a gold medal" Cejudo despite using PED's lol.

Advertisement
Close match ups tonight, at least on paper....

Hard to draw much from the first Holloway vs Porier fight...Max was so young....

The UFC could really use another big star...If Holloway can go up to lightweight and become champ champ, he could be that next star...Hard to judge exactly what the parameters are for Holloway...He hasn't lost in 5 years, so difficult to say what his shortcomings, since those are usually only highlighted in defeat....

Porier vs Gaethje was a fvckin striking war...great fight...that being said, Porier didn't look clearly superior...Gaethje kinda wore out as the fight got into its later stages...I don't think Gaethje could hang with Holloway....Based on this extrapolation...and because it's such a close fight to call....I got Holloway....

Stylebender vs Kelvin....

I wasn't super impressed with Stylebender in his last fight vs a 43 year-old declining Silva...maybe that was a stylistic issue...I also think Adesanyo is a little one dimensional..what happens if he gets taken down...not sure how good his submission defense is and haven;t yet see him with top 5 level 185 UFC talent...

That being said, Stylebender does have fantastic striking and a huge background in kickboxing ....Would also be good for the UFC if he won, because, IMO, he has the kind of personality that could make him into a star....

Gastelum has really good wrestling and a relentless style....Still view him through the reality show prism, not sure why....Kelvin has one punch knockout power..more than Adesanya does....and more experience in the upper echelon of of the Middleweight Division than Stylebender...

I am a big fan of hygiene....Makes it hard to root for Gastelum...Also think Stylebender would be a better ambassador for the UFC and a more interesting fight vs Whittaker for a unification....

So far, though, I have to say that this PPV has underperformed and OSP looked brutal....

Max wins... I think Adesanya wins, but he didn't impress me vs Anderson... 5+ years ago, Anderson knocks his *** out... I'm pulling for Gastelum, tough *** dude..

@Ecush thinks Dillishaw was hosed.. Is that personal info? ***gits

Advertisement
Max wins... I think Adesanya wins, but he didn't impress me vs Anderson... 5+ years ago, Anderson knocks his *** out... I'm pulling for Gastelum, tough *** dude..

@Ecush thinks Dillishaw was hosed.. Is that personal info? ***gits
Since I bet Gastellum on @Ecush 's advice and ended up betting less than I was going to because you chimed in saying Adesanya wins one of you 2 puss boys will cost me $$$$ tonight........hope it's not you cause your gun says replica and you know mine says desert eagle .50...

Since I bet Gastellum on @Ecush 's advice and ended up betting less than I was going to because you chimed in saying Adesanya wins one of you 2 puss boys will cost me $$$$ tonight........hope it's not you cause your gun says replica and you know mine says desert eagle .50...

I said that I think Adesanya wins.. Don't get it twisted, Cush thinks that as well.. He's pulling for Gastelum... personal attack that I can't say cause they'll ban me..

Advertisement
I said that I think Adesanya wins.. Don't get it twisted, Cush thinks that as well.. He's pulling for Gastelum... personal attack that I can't say cause they'll ban me..
Intent should count and you were thinking of calling me a ****** so I expect justice to be done....

Advertisement
Back