UFC 236

Advertisement
Advertisement
Told yall not to doubt Adesanya, the kid is one of the greatest kickboxers ever & high level martial artist.

Props to Gastelum though, he's tough mf'er with a strong chin, he gave Izzy the toughest fight he's had since Mousasi.

Amazing interim title fight, I can't wait to see him & Whittaker later this year.

Lol hate all you want to, but nobody's beaten him yet.

How's your boy McGregor doing btw, still getting those Twitter KO's? Lol
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: I like your style. Straight for the jugular going after Conor

2yj9fh.gif

Advertisement
Lol hate all you want to, but nobody's beaten him yet.

How's your boy McGregor doing btw, still getting those Twitter KO's? Lol
Love Izzy as well but he looked so **** awkward on the ground, even when he was trying to finish the fight at the end. Just looked like he couldn't figure out how to get position to ground and pound.

He will have trouble with someone with really strong wrestling. He for sure has to sure up his ground game. Best striker in MMA by a mile though.

That was a great 5th round....Gastelum gassed himself in the 4th...But Stylebender did pick himself up and was a wrecking ball in the 5th...

The only thing that made it a great 5th round, though, is Adesanya's lack of knockout power....He hit Kelvin flush several times in that fight and couldn't get him out of there...Besides lack of experience on the ground, lack of one punch knockout power seems to be the biggest holes in Stylebender's game....

But, was a fantastic fight...if the rest of the card so far undelivered....Gastelum vs Adesanyo more than made up for it....

Really didn’t seeing that going 5 rounds. Great fight
I thought it would go the distance but only because Adesanya is a volume striker and doesn't really have big power. That combined with Gastelum's iron chin. In my mind if it was gonna end early it was going to be Gastelum landing a huge punch but I honestly thought Izzy was too slick to get caught with a huge punch. Great fight though.

Advertisement
Love Izzy as well but he looked so **** awkward on the ground, even when he was trying to finish the fight at the end. Just looked like he couldn't figure out how to get position to ground and pound.

He will have trouble with someone with really strong wrestling. He for sure has to sure up his ground game. Best striker in MMA by a mile though.
I agree, his ground game isn't that refined as of now because he was never a wrestler & doesn't focus that much on it.

That's an aspect of his game he has to work on, but the one thing people forget is the 185 & 205 divisions are mainly for guys who can strike & finish, Cormier may be the only (or one of the few) 205'ers that uses wrestling heavy. Obviously Jon Jones was a Juco wrestler too, but the most dominant aspect of his game is his striking. Everything else from 170 down is all about the wrestlers.

Stylebender's biggest weakness is he doesn't have a lot of raw punching power, he's a guy that wears his opponents down with tactical precision counter striking, that's due to his Kickboxing background.

But he's smart kid with high fight IQ & he's tough, he took some heavy shots from KG & still fought his heart out to win it in the 5th.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back