UFC 235

Advertisement
In Herb Dean's defense, Lawler's arm did fall like it was limp and he was out for a second....But, man did Lawler fvck up Askren at the start of the fight...at the time, thought we were witnessing one of the most overhyped fighters of all time in Askren.....Given the controversial stoppage, would like to see Lawler and Askren go at it again....
Askren definitely needs to rematch Lawler, but he's going to struggle a lot at 170lbs if he can't deal with the strikers of the divison.

He's probably better off moving down to 155lbs, but it looks like it would be hard for him to move down & make weight at this point in his career.

Robbie may have been out for a split second.. Maybe... Herb's reaction to Robbie said it all. He knew he ***ed up that stoppage.. He wasn't out when Herb stopped it...

I’m a big Lawler fan but he has to know if Herb is asking and checking that he needs to respond. He had a free hand, give a thumbs up wave the hand do something to indicate you are ok. Robbie knows better.

Meh,,,,, he didn't give him much of a chance... You saw the forearm across the mouth.. Ruthless immediately jumped up and said wtf are you doing

Advertisement
Robbie may have been out for a split second.. Maybe... Herb's reaction to Robbie said it all. He knew he ***ed up that stoppage.. He wasn't out when Herb stopped it...
Agree with that, he wasn't out completely & Herb stopped the fight too early.

However, Askren had that Bulldog choke locked in pretty tight, if Herb didn't stop it at that moment, I still think Askren probably would've ended up submitting him anyway.

Lawler deserves a rematch though.

Agree with that, he wasn't out completely & Herb stopped the fight too early.

However, Askren had that Bulldog choke locked in pretty tight, if Herb didn't stop it at that moment, I still think Askren probably would've ended up submitting him anyway.

Lawler deserves a rematch though.

Maybe...He was across his mouth..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe...He was across his mouth..

Yes, but that neck crank was brutal. If he really cranked that **** he could have did some permanent damage.

That said, Ben needs to work on translating his wrestling to MMA better. No one in the UFC could hang with Ben in a folk style wrestling match, but his ground control was not as good as one would expect from someone with his wrestling pedigree.

Advertisement
Yes, but that neck crank was brutal. If he really cranked that **** he could have did some permanent damage.

That said, Ben needs to work on translating his wrestling to MMA better. No one in the UFC could hang with Ben in a folk style wrestling match, but his ground control was not as good as one would expect from someone with his wrestling pedigree.

Fk Ben

Usman has total control over this fight, it looks like Woodley has reached the point where he's coming to the end of his career at 38 years old.

I've never seen Woodley look this outmatched, even when he lost to Rory MacDonald he didn't look this bad.

Advertisement
Back