UFC 234

So to recap, Jo loves Brazil and hates America.

Got it.

Advertisement
I don't see Adesanya beating anyone ranked above him, aside from Chris Weidman, who I've never been a fan of.

I think anyone else ranked ahead of him would be a notable favorite: Romero, Rockhold, Gastelum, Jacare and of course Whitaker.
I disagree, I think people will look at this fight as a knock on Adesanya but if you know his history he's a killer. Don't be fooled by his graciousness vs his idol.

He'd kill Gastelum, Gastelum is too small & wouldn't be able to deal with Izzy's reach, Izzy would control the distance & slowly break him down.

I think he'd have a good fight with Rockhold, but Luke I believe is trying to move up to 205 next.

Romero would give him the most trouble due to his attacking style, but Adesanya beats Whittaker if they ever fight for the title. Vs Jacare it would end up the same way Whittaker beat him.

Now granted I'm extremely biased because Adesanya is one of my favorite fighters, but I see him as a future 185lbs champion with maybe only 1 or 2 losses at the most during his reign.

Last edited:
235 should be good. Got jon jones vs anthony smith, woodley vs usman, askren debut vs lawler, garbrandt fighting.
My only gripe is jones vs anthony smith. Why in the **** is jones fighting anthony smith? Id rather jones not be on the card than see him fight this guy.

Advertisement
I disagree, I think people will look at this fight as a knock on Adesanya but if you know his history he's a killer. Don't be fooled by his graciousness vs his idol.

He'd kill Gastelum, Gastelum is too small & wouldn't be able to deal with Izzy's reach, Izzy would control the distance & slowly break him down.

I think he'd have a good fight with Rockhold, but Luke I believe is trying to move up to 205 next.

Romero would give him the most trouble due to his attacking style, but Adesanya beats Whittaker if they ever fight for the title. Vs Jacare it would end up the same way Whittaker beat him.

Now granted I'm extremely biased because Adesanya is one of my favorite fighters, but I see him as a future 185lbs champion with maybe only 1 or 2 losses at the most during his reign.

Im quite familiar with this kid. I don't share your analysis though.

What Im interested in seeing is Adesanya fighting more of a high level brawler. Specifically a Kelvin Gastelum type.

Good stuff on your end overall in this thread though. Solid discussion!!

I don't see Adesanya beating anyone ranked above him, aside from Chris Weidman, who I've never been a fan of.

I think anyone else ranked ahead of him would be a notable favorite: Romero, Rockhold, Gastelum, Jacare and of course Whitaker.
Agree..at this point....Adesanya still needs work..That was a 43 year-old Silva....in his prime, he was unhittable...fight was a lot closer than I expected based on the trajectory of Silva's career...

185s thin out a bit after Whittaker and Yoel...but, Romero is into his 40s and Whittaker seems to have a lot of late pull outs - better in *** than when your headlining UFC PPVs....

Romero almost decapitated Rockhold last year...Anyone that gets knocked out by Bisping should automatically be dropped out of the top 10...Luke was better in Strikeforce...

Jacare is almost 40...took him too long to get some stand up to mix in with his BJJ...

Gastelum...still envisioning him on the reality TV show...

Definitely looking forward to seeing Cain return next week on ESPN vs Ngannou ...dude was a reign of terror before the rash of injuries...

Ngannou is a beast...think Overeem's head is still spinning from his brief time in the ring with Ngannou...though Stipe exposed him a bit...and that fight with Lewis was one of the worst of all time...Ngannou vs Blades was hard to gauge...quick KO ...Nest Sunday will be good..hopefully..

On the drama side...One of these guys...Cormier or Velasquez is gonna step out of the heavys...training partners for years..that's what kept DC at 205...will be interesting to see what happens if Cain wins and moves into contender status....

My only gripe is jones vs anthony smith. Why in the **** is jones fighting anthony smith? Id rather jones not be on the card than see him fight this guy.
Space filler to stay busy. He’s been off for 2 yrs before the Gustafson fight. He is lining up to jones DC 3.

Agree..at this point....Adesanya still needs work..That was a 43 year-old Silva....in his prime, he was unhittable...fight was a lot closer than I expected based on the trajectory of Silva's career...

185s thin out a bit after Whittaker and Yoel...but, Romero is into his 40s and Whittaker seems to have a lot of late pull outs - better in *** than when your headlining UFC PPVs....

Romero almost decapitated Rockhold last year...Anyone that gets knocked out by Bisping should automatically be dropped out of the top 10...Luke was better in Strikeforce...

Jacare is almost 40...took him too long to get some stand up to mix in with his BJJ...

Gastelum...still envisioning him on the reality TV show...

Definitely looking forward to seeing Cain return next week on ESPN vs Ngannou ...dude was a reign of terror before the rash of injuries...

Ngannou is a beast...think Overeem's head is still spinning from his brief time in the ring with Ngannou...though Stipe exposed him a bit...and that fight with Lewis was one of the worst of all time...Ngannou vs Blades was hard to gauge...quick KO ...Nest Sunday will be good..hopefully..

On the drama side...One of these guys...Cormier or Velasquez is gonna step out of the heavys...training partners for years..that's what kept DC at 205...will be interesting to see what happens if Cain wins and moves into contender status....
Dc will fight Jones at hw in his last career fight. Then Cain vs Jones at hw

Advertisement
Advertisement
This was just a horrible card to expect people to lay down 65 dollars on, even had the main event not been cancelled.

This was just a horrible card to expect people to lay down 65 dollars on, even had the main event not been cancelled.
Buying PPV's for UFC is useless, they're a Multi-Billion dollar company that doesn't even cater to their fans.

Dana is an ******* promoter & will ruin the company if he continues to have personal vendettas against certain fighters, he plays way too many back room politics.

Unless it's a mega championship card with great fighters & you're having some friends over for a party or something, there's no real reason to buy the PPV's. Just find a stream online on reddit, they always have a bunch of good links.

Advertisement
Buying PPV's for UFC is useless, they're a Multi-Billion dollar company that doesn't even cater to their fans.

Dana is an ******* promoter & will ruin the company if he continues to have personal vendettas against certain fighters, he plays way too many back room politics.

Unless it's a mega championship card with great fighters & you're having some friends over for a party or something, there's no real reason to buy the PPV's. Just find a stream online on reddit, they always have a bunch of good links.
I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy tickets for fight night Nashville the main event is Wonderboy Thompson vs Showtime don't know much about the rest of the card yet.

Kelvin is doing the old Chael Sonnen carry around a belt you dont own gimmick. I cant believe they were going to let Gastelum fight with his body covered in staph...never would have happened in Nevada.

Kelvin is doing the old Chael Sonnen carry around a belt you dont own gimmick. I cant believe they were going to let Gastelum fight with his body covered in staph...never would have happened in Nevada.
I believe kevin lee had staph in the fight vs Tony Ferguson in Vegas

Advertisement
Back