UFC 234

It was a shiit card even with the Whitaker Gastelum fight. Without it....they should be paying us to watch it.
Yeah, I meant even outside of that fight being canceled... Awful card. Is this the last fight before the Silva Adesanya match?

Advertisement
My Grandmother could trip these guys off balance. I cannot believe this is PPV talent.

Advertisement
Yeah this card is trash, I was only watching for Whittaker v Gastelum & Adesanya vs Silva anyway.

235 next month is going to be crazy though as long as no one gets hurts or is pulled beforehand.

Jones vs Smith, Woodley vs Usman & the debut of Ben Askren vs Robbie Lawler.

Buying a UFC ticket is a risk. I find it hard to believe they just found out. I really hope Anderson retires after this fight. Once all the Brazilians top dogs got pop for steroids, they all went downhill.

Buying a UFC ticket is a risk. I find it hard to believe they just found out. I really hope Anderson retires after this fight. Once all the Brazilians top dogs got pop for steroids, they all went downhill.

They didn't just find out... That's a **** sucking lie... They had to maximize PPV sales before this was announced..

Advertisement
View attachment 80131

Unfortunately the main event Middleweight Title match of Whittaker vs Gastelum will not happen, Whittaker pulled out of the fight last minute due to a hernia.

Now the new main is a #1 contenders match of Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya vs Legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva.

Israel Adesanya the upcoming new star has been on a tear since hitting the UFC, long time history as one of the best Kickboxers of all-time with a 75-5 record & is undefeated in MMA at 15-0.

He's one of my favorite fighters in the UFC I was already a fan of his when he was fighting at Glory. He's an elite tactical striker with superb stand up game, arguably the best striker in the UFC outside of Jon Jones or Max Holloway. He's coming off a 4 fight win streak with a 1st round TKO vs Derek Brunson just 4 events ago on UFC 230. He's a potential star in the UFC & a future 185lbs Champion.

The Legend himself Spider Silva the former 185lbs champion that had 13 straight title defenses during his reign as champ. One of the greatest fighter in UFC history, hasn't fought in 2 years since UFC 208 but was coming off of a 4 fight losing streak towards the end of his career with L's to Bisping, Weidman twice & Cormier.

He has an advantage over Adesanya in his experience & his Jiu-Jitsu, he's a 3rd degree Black belt in BJJ under Noguiera, while Izzy is only a Blue belt & hasn't really had too many fights go to the ground yet.

Adesanya is 29 & Silva is 43, maybe age will not factor in at all but I just have a hard time thinking Silva still has enough left in the tank. I got Israel Adesanya for the win, I think he gets the stoppage in the 4th round. I'm a huge fan of both fighters & would be happy if Silva came back & won, I just think it's Adesanya's time now. Who yall got?

Silva da Gawd! When is this?

Advertisement
Yeah this card is trash, I was only watching for Whittaker v Gastelum & Adesanya vs Silva anyway.

235 next month is going to be crazy though as long as no one gets hurts or is pulled beforehand.

Jones vs Smith, Woodley vs Usman & the debut of Ben Askren vs Robbie Lawler.
Whittaker should only fight Romero..maybe every 6 months...their first fight was epic and the rematch was pretty good, also...

Hard for me to watch Silva fight,,,keep thinking about his leg breaking in the second Weidman fight....gruesome...would love to have seen a stylebender/spider match up when both were in their prime...

Yeah, next card is gonna be great.

Not sure Smith is in Jones' league, though he's done well since moving up to 205...

Woodley vs Usman could be a wrestle fvck, but hopefully not...

Nice that Dana finally got Askren in the UFC after all these years...wouldn't mind seeing the flyweight division go away with DJ to Singapore,,,not a bad trade for UFC

Whittaker should only fight Romero..maybe every 6 months...their first fight was epic and the rematch was pretty good, also...

Hard for me to watch Silva fight,,,keep thinking about his leg breaking in the second Weidman fight....gruesome...would love to have seen a stylebender/spider match up when both were in their prime...

Not sure Smith is in Jones' league, though he's done well since moving up to 205...

Nice that Dana finally got Askren in the UFC after all these years...wouldn't mind seeing the flyweight division go away with DJ to Singapore,,,not a bad trade for UFC

I'll be pulling for Ruthless as always vs Askren.. I think it's a bad matchup for Robbie... I'm a big Robbie fan but he's been through too many wars..

Advertisement

Excellent post

Advertisement
Back