UFC 234

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

Unfortunately the main event Middleweight Title match of Whittaker vs Gastelum will not happen, Whittaker pulled out of the fight last minute due to a hernia.

Now the new main is a #1 contenders match of Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya vs Legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva.

Israel Adesanya the upcoming new star has been on a tear since hitting the UFC, long time history as one of the best Kickboxers of all-time with a 75-5 record & is undefeated in MMA at 15-0.

He's one of my favorite fighters in the UFC I was already a fan of his when he was fighting at Glory. He's an elite tactical striker with superb stand up game, arguably the best striker in the UFC outside of Jon Jones or Max Holloway. He's coming off a 4 fight win streak with a 1st round TKO vs Derek Brunson just 4 events ago on UFC 230. He's a potential star in the UFC & a future 185lbs Champion.

The Legend himself Spider Silva the former 185lbs champion that had 13 straight title defenses during his reign as champ. One of the greatest fighter in UFC history, hasn't fought in 2 years since UFC 208 but was coming off of a 4 fight losing streak towards the end of his career with L's to Bisping, Weidman twice & Cormier.

He has an advantage over Adesanya in his experience & his Jiu-Jitsu, he's a 3rd degree Black belt in BJJ under Noguiera, while Izzy is only a Blue belt & hasn't really had too many fights go to the ground yet.

Adesanya is 29 & Silva is 43, maybe age will not factor in at all but I just have a hard time thinking Silva still has enough left in the tank. I got Israel Adesanya for the win, I think he gets the stoppage in the 4th round. I'm a huge fan of both fighters & would be happy if Silva came back & won, I just think it's Adesanya's time now. Who yall got?

Advertisement
View attachment 80131

Unfortunately the main event Middleweight Title match of Whitaker vs Gastelum will not happen, Whittaker pulled out of the fight last minute due to a hernia.

Now the new main is a #1 contenders match of Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya vs Legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva.

Israel Adesanya the upcoming new star has been on a tear since hitting the UFC, long time history as one of the best Kickboxers of all-time with a 75-5 record & is undefeated in MMA at 15-0.

He's one of my favorite fighters in the UFC I was already a fan of his when he was fighting at Glory. He's an elite tactical striker with superb stand up game, arguably the best striker in the UFC outside of Jon Jones or Max Holloway. He's coming off a 4 fight win streak with a 1st round TKO vs Derek Brunson just 4 events ago on UFC 230. He's a potential star in the UFC & a future 185lbs Champion.

The Legend himself Spider Silva the former 185lbs champion that had 13 straight title defenses during his reign as champ. One of the greatest fighter in UFC history, hasn't fought in 2 years since UFC 208 but was coming off of a 4 fight losing streak towards the end of his career with L's to Bisping, Weidman twice & Cormier.

He has an advantage over Adesanya in his experience & his Jiu-Jitsu, he's a 3rd degree Black belt in BJJ under Noguiera, while Izzy is only a Blue belt & hasn't really had too many fights go to the ground yet.

Adesanya is 29 & Silva is 43, maybe age will not factor in at all but I just have a hard time thinking Silva still has enough left in the tank. I got Israel Adesanya for the win, I think he gets the stoppage in the 4th round. I'm a huge fan of both fighters & would be happy if Silva came back & won, I just think it's Adesanya's time now. Who yall got?
Only chance Silva has is getting this to the ground and I don't think he can do it... Stranger things have happened though. Pretty bummed out about the Whittaker vs Gastelum fight getting pulled though

Advertisement
Only chance Silva has is getting this to the ground and I don't think he can do it... Stranger things have happened though. Pretty bummed out about the Whittaker vs Gastelum fight getting pulled though
Yeah it sucks they couldn't fight tonight, I think Whittaker was never fully healthy from the start, but Dana White said the hernia was a freak injury, not sure how much I believe that.

That should be a no contest. Horrible stoppage.
It was a horrible stoppage, but Cejudo was beating Dillashaw no matter what, TJ was just too drained having to drop down to 125lbs, that weight cut took a lot out of him. He looked like he was gonna pass out at the weigh in.

They'll probably rematch at 135.

Adesanya wins easy. Silva is wily enough to slip some punches and get through the 1st round, but he's been out of the ring way too long. Will be a TKO in 2nd rd.

Advertisement
I'm pulling for Silva but I don't think he has much of a chance.. I'm thinking it's going to end badly for him... Hope not.. 1 more time for the old guys...
If Silva comes out playing games leaving his chin open, Izzy will tag'em & kick his head off.
He better respect his opponent & take it serious, Adesanya's striking is not to be played with.

But, no one has really taken Izzy to the ground yet, Silva's Jiu-jits is high level, I'm curious to see how strong Adesanya's takedown Defense is. I'm rootin for Styelbender, but I wouldn't be shocked if Silva caught'em & got the surprise.

Silva comes out with a point to prove here.

Maybe I'm biased seeing as he's my favorite to ever step in the Octagon.

If Silva comes out playing games leaving his chin open, Izzy will tag'em & kick his head off.
He better respect his opponent & take it serious, Adesanya's striking is not to be played with.

But, no one has really taken Izzy to the ground yet, Silva's Jiu-jits is high level, I'm curious to see how strong Adesanya's takedown Defense is. I'm rootin for Styelbender, but I wouldn't be shocked if Silva caught'em & got the surprise, even though I don't think he will.

I'm quite confident he won't take him lightly..

Advertisement
I'm pulling for Silva but I don't think he has much of a chance.. I'm thinking it's going to end badly for him... Hope not.. 1 more time for the old guys...
You always root for the Brazilian juicers. Style bender is the future. He was on JRE and is a student of the game with his head on straight. He will wreck the spider.

Advertisement
View attachment 80131

Unfortunately the main event Middleweight Title match of Whittaker vs Gastelum will not happen, Whittaker pulled out of the fight last minute due to a hernia.

I thought UFC fight night came with my subscription to ESPN+? Why is it on PPV?

It was a horrible stoppage, but Cejudo was beating Dillashaw no matter what, TJ was just too drained having to drop down to 125lbs, that weight cut took a lot out of him. He looked like he was gonna pass out at the weigh in.

They'll probably rematch at 135.
Listen to TJ interview with Rogan after the fight. TJ insists he felt better going into that fight than he had in a long time. Said he was 149when he walked in the cage. He got clipped behind the ear and his equilibrium was temporarily shot. Cejudo may have finished him either way, but TJ deserved the opportunity to fight through that. They gave Frankie Edgar the chance to battle through some first round beatings against Maynard and they turned into classic fights.

Advertisement
Back