UCF vs #13 Miami

Advertisement
Very good win tonight against another P5 team. Game was really never in doubt. Miami's hot shooting continues. Starters were outstanding. Any time our starting unit combines to score 80 points, we're going to be hard to beat. The negative to that is that it's a long season and at some point our backups are going to have to give us something besides eat up minutes. There will also be games when a starter or 2 are off and we'll need to rely on the bench to provide some of that missing production. Offensively, we were very good aside from the stretch near the end of the game when UCF picked up full court and tried to speed us up. Our defense was also sharp for the most part. Good job of getting our hands on the ball and getting deflections and steals. Watching Bentley on the defensive end is a thing of beauty. Guy is an elite on-ball defender. Does a heluva job of protecting his yard (staying in fromt of opposing ball-handlers and out of the paint). Only knock I have on the defensive side is the offensive rebounds we gave up. That could come back to bite us if we don't get it fixed. Like the fact that UCF seemed to want to turn this into a slugfest, but their bullyball approach didn't rattle us at all. Miami not only matched it, but gave them some of their own medicine. Only thing that prevented Miami from running away with this game was the officials swallowing their whistles on UCF. Officials seemed to allow the visiting players to dictate how the game would be called, particularly midway thru the 2nd half

Advertisement
Very good win tonight against another P5 team. Game was really never in doubt. Miami's hot shooting continues. Starters were outstanding. Any time our starting unit combines to score 80 points, we're going to be hard to beat. The negative to that is that it's a long season and at some point our backups are going to have to give us something besides eat up minutes. There will also be games when a starter or 2 are off and we'll need to rely on the bench to provide some of that missing production. Offensively, we were very good aside from the stretch near the end of the game when UCF picked up full court and tried to speed us up. Our defense was also sharp for the most part. Good job of getting our hands on the ball and getting deflections and steals. Watching Bentley on the defensive end is a thing of beauty. Guy is an elite on-ball defender. Does a heluva job of protecting his yard (staying in fromt of opposing ball-handlers and out of the paint). Only knock I have on the defensive side is the offensive rebounds we gave up. That could come back to bite us if we don't get it fixed. Like the fact that UCF seemed to want to turn this into a slugfest, but their bullyball approach didn't rattle us at all. Miami not only matched it, but gave them some of their own medicine. Only thing that prevented Miami from running away with this game was the officials swallowing their whistles on UCF. Officials seemed to allow the visiting players to dictate how the game would be called, particularly midway thru the 2nd half
?
Good win is enough

Advertisement
I said it in another thread, but I was not expecting Wooga to be this good. It’s early, but if he’s close to this good on a consistent basis, look out…
The light started coming on for him last year, it was obvious during the tournament. There's a reason why L is so confident in him, dude has a solid J, can defend and can jump out the gym. L said he's a future lottery pick, and Jim knows what he is talking about. That's why I feel that losing Miller hurts more than Wong, because we already had a Wong replacement on the roster, tougher to replace what Jordan did for the team.

I want to see Wooga start hitting that mid range L has been raving about but if teams are going to continue to press up on Pack, Wooga’s gonna whacking those 3 balls baybeee

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back