UCF - the best in Florida football

Advertisement
It is on topic. UCF is an overranked mediocre team supported by delusional fans who think they are better than Bama and Clemson.

See, you're reaching, because no one is putting them on that level. And the number of Hall of Famers certainly has nothing to do with the state of football in Florida right now.

See, you're reaching, because no one is putting them on that level. And the number of Hall of Famers certainly has nothing to do with the state of football in Florida right now.

Who do you think has more players drafted into the NFL over the past 10 years, and who do you think will have more players drafted in 2020?

Who do you think has more players drafted into the NFL over the past 10 years, and who do you think will have more players drafted in 2020?

Good grief. Since when does either of those things have anything to do with who has the better football program right now? We will probably have more players drafted than UNC too, but who cares? We lost.

Respectfully, I think Cincinnati and Memphis were both better than Pitt last year.
You're probably right but if you ask UCF fans, they all point to Pitt and say "we beat them by more than Notre Dame did but they still got a playoff invite". Trust me, I went to UCF and a lot of my friends are alumni. Most don't really care about the program but there's a few who think college football just started three years ago.

Advertisement
You're probably right but if you ask UCF fans, they all point to Pitt and say "we beat them by more than Notre Dame did but they still got a playoff invite". Trust me, I went to UCF and a lot of my friends are alumni. Most don't really care about the program but there's a few who think college football just started three years ago.

Yeah they likely fall for the P5 thing, so they celebrate that one more than the others.

Good grief. Since when does either of those things have anything to do with who has the better football program right now? We will probably have more players drafted than UNC too, but who cares? We lost.

Just wondering what metric you're using. They play nobody, they have no respect in the polls, they don't have NFL caliber players.

if UCF is going to claim best in state, can they at least schedule teams in the state rather than FAU and FAMU?

Advertisement
Even if that were true, which I don’t think it is, why would you go out of your way to say it and post it. Isn’t their QB the same guy who couldn’t buy a first down against us in 2017

Ok, which of these opponents is ACC or SEC caliber?

Screenshot_20190920-092554_Firefox Focus.jpg

Realistic coaching hire do-over (less than $5.5 mil, and assuming BOT scared of Leach and Butch):

Tier 1
Heupel
Wittingham

Tier 2:
Orgeron
Chyrst
Harsin

Give me Matt Campbell from Iowa State and his staff

Advertisement
Just wondering what metric you're using. They play nobody, they have no respect in the polls, they don't have NFL caliber players.

Wins. And they don't play "nobody". The best teams in the AAC are better than some of the ACC teams that we sleepwalk against.

Ok, which of these opponents is ACC or SEC caliber?

View attachment 97442
EDIT: @PanamaCityCanes Maybe I should have responded to you instead....

When this season is done, most likely not a single opponent of UCFs will be ranked. In their illustrious 2017 season, a single opponent of theirs was ranked at season's end: #25 Memphis. Yet they cried that resume should have warranted a playoff invite. Last year? One finished ranked: #24 Cincy. This is why people get tired of UCF fan boys running their mouth like they are some CFB goliath. Nobody gives a sh-t how many times they beat memphis.

Advertisement
Wins. And they don't play "nobody". The best teams in the AAC are better than some of the ACC teams that we sleepwalk against.

Your position is completely nullified considering they refused to play UF and UM within the last 2 to 3 years though.

UCF can "claim" all they want but the reality is when push came to shove they believe they have the clout for a home and home against established programs......they believe......is the key phrase. No one else believes this for obvious reasons.

Everyone else including Miami played years and years and years of away games against the "big boys" to become relevant.

They play mediocre power 5 teams in safe environments in a dog**** conference. Look I get it you are impressed with their wins and will heel dig into a black hole but reality is not on your side here.

Wait until they drop a game they should not. Lol at them going undefeated in perpetuity. LSU exposed their *** and anyone who watched that game knows a depleted LSU team spoted them around 17 points.

Your position is completely nullified considering they refused to play UF and UM within the last 2 to 3 years though.

UCF can "claim" all they want but the reality is when push came to shove they believe they have the clout for a home and home against established programs......they believe......is the key phrase. No one else believes this for obvious reasons.

Everyone else including Miami played years and years and years of away games against the "big boys" to become relevant.

They play mediocre power 5 teams in safe environments in a dog**** conference. Look I get it you are impressed with their wins and will heel dig into a black hole but reality is not on your side here.

Wait until they drop a game they should not. Lol at them going undefeated in perpetuity. LSU exposed their *** and anyone who watched that game knows a depleted LSU team spoted them around 17 points.

Strange. The quality of UCF's football team today has nothing to do with what their OOC scheduling philosophy is. Either you're good or you're not. I am on record as saying that I think their AD is approaching it the wrong way. But they are still the best team in Florida right now. And that is the only claim I have made.

Strange. The quality of UCF's football team today has nothing to do with what their OOC scheduling philosophy is. Either you're good or you're not. I am on record as saying that I think their AD is approaching it the wrong way. But they are still the best team in Florida right now. And that is the only claim I have made.

Ok I disagree with your claim based on UCFs inability to actually schedule teams in state.

You dont think this is a big deal.

Really nothing more to discuss.

Ok I disagree with your claim based on UCFs inability to actual schedule teams in state.

You dont think this is a big deal.

Really nothing more to discuss.

But what does it have to do with how good they are right now? Scheduling aside, you don't think they have shown that they are better than us?

Advertisement
Back