UCF - the best in Florida football

Advertisement
This thread is perfect for outing all those bandwagon UM fans that are hanging on by a thread and are fully prepared to start rooting for UCF.

Just to sum up... A storied football program is typically defined by its longevity, legacy, tradition, championships, fans, viewership, NFL representation and classic rivalries. We check all the boxes but one. And I would add that we transformed the game as we see it today. As much as we hate Notre Dame, they were still a storied program throughout their average seasons pre-Kelly.

UCF may have had the better team here and there but they are no where near being a dominant program. So jump on now but they are one coaching change away from complete obsolescence.

Last edited:
Scheduling aside? What else would you be basing this from? Team pictures? You really want to know why these discussions go off the rails? Look no further.

One team can be better than another team while having a weaker schedule. Who has a tougher schedule, Wyoming or Missouri? That seemed to go unanswered last time.

Advertisement
Don't need to read 13 pages for an OP who posts this very same thing on every thread he comments on? Please.
No one is forcing the Hurricanes on you.....walk away bro? Cant do it huh?

One team can be better than another team while having a weaker schedule. Who has a tougher schedule, Wyoming or Missouri? That seemed to go unanswered last time.

Right, so you are basing UCF’s superiority over Florida schools based on SOS?

Right, so you are basing UCF’s superiority over Florida schools based on SOS?

Are you impaired in some way? I haven't claimed anything about SOS. My one and only claim continues to be that UCF is currently the best team in Florida.

Advertisement
Are you impaired in some way? I haven't claimed anything about SOS. My one and only claim continues to be that UCF is currently the best team in Florida.

Ad hominem attacks indicate to me a losing argument. You really have no basis to your opinion other than “because I say so”.

I am not saying UCF is not better right now. I am only saying I have nothing to base it on rather than sentiment. That’s not a good basis to any argument.

Nope, not irrelevant at all. Once again, you only have an argument against something you made up, not something I actually wrote.

My "argument" was made before I started talking to you, so I'm not even sure why you're saying "my argument" and "once again". I'm just trying to figure out what your argument is, because it's full of illogical conclusions as I've stated above. If wins are your metric, you must consider the strength or quality of those wins or the argument doesn't hold up.

Advertisement
My "argument" was made before I started talking to you, so I'm not even sure why you're saying "my argument" and "once again". I'm just trying to figure out what your argument is, because it's full of illogical conclusions as I've stated above. If wins are your metric, you must consider the strength or quality of those wins or the argument doesn't hold up.

Your issue is that you think playing in the AAC is akin to playing in 4A District 10 in high school football. When you obliterate teams like Stanford, Pitt, Cincinnati, Memphis, etc. on a regular basis, it's not that far fetched to think that you're better than freaking Miami, Florida, and Florida State.

Example: Tennessee absolutely sucks. They are much worse than Stanford. Do you think UCF, at home, would be sputtering along against Tennessee like Florida is right now?

Advertisement
Example: Tennessee absolutely sucks. They are much worse than Stanford. Do you think UCF, at home, would be sputtering along against Tennessee like Florida is right now?
Yes, if UCF played the schedule Florida does which means going against P5 talent and more importantly depth every single week instead of only once or twice a season, UCF would find themselves sputtering along to teams they shouldn't be at times as well. That's the whole point, man.

Sagarin SOS:

Memphis 157
Ole Miss 73

Missouri 80
Wyoming 142

Thank you. So Memphis can't be better than Ole Miss, and Wyoming can't be better than Missouri, right? Because if you play a weak schedule, you can't be better than an ACC or SEC team.

Yes, if UCF played the schedule Florida does which means going against P5 talent and more importantly depth every single week instead of only once or twice a season, UCF would find themselves sputtering along to teams they shouldn't be at times as well. That's the whole point, man.

So Florida is already tired and beat up on September 21? That's what you're going with?

When is the last time UCF struggled at home against one of the worst teams in the country?
When is the last time UCF played Miami, Kentucky, Tenn, Auburn, LSU, SCAR, UGA, Vandy, Mizz, FSU all in one season? Talking to you about this topic is like talking to a wall. You want to pound your chest with pride that UCF is playing better football than Miami over the last few years? Great, congratulations! But to talk about UCF like some cfb goliath is absolute nonsense. If they had to face that EXACT schedule above, it'd be impressive if they won half of them. It's a grind to face teams like depth and talent like those over and over every week, it wears your team down. If UCF also faced a slate like that every season, they wouldn't have undefeated seasons, there wouldn't be all this talk of faux national championships, etc. Which it why it makes the drum beating about UCF like they're some elite program absolutely ridiculous.

You're just having an impossible time separating the two topics @PanamaCityCanes. If your sole argument here is how much better UCF is than Miami, then congratulations on earning a tremendous W on CIS for that one! Miami has had a dog sh-t decade and a half. We've lost every season to middle of the pack ACC teams and been blown out every time we faced truly strong competition except once vs ND. So, yes, UCF has a **** of a lot more to show over the last few years than Miami does. Who the fvck cares? You're passionately arguing this (on CIS for christ sake) when it's just dumb.

But then, as with all UCF fanboys, you can't help but wade into the much bigger narrative, trying to make UCF out to be some CFB goliath of a program. The reality is UCF has beaten ONE ranked non-AAC foe in the this entire illustrious run of theirs during any of their regular seasons. People like me and Salt are simply saying if UCF faced a schedule like UFs above or LSUs this year (or pretty much every P5 schedule) for these last 5 years they wouldn't have won all those games in a row. They would have inevitably lost, likely lost many. That's the whole **** point as to that bigger narrative you clowns have been screaming ad nausea. Teams like those above grind you down a **** of a lot more than facing Navy, Tulane, Cincinnati and Memphis. This isn't rocket science we're trying to explain here. Yet it doesn't penetrate your brain one inch, and everytime that is presented you, you run straight back to "UCF is better than Miami". You're a classic exhausting UCF fan boy. I don't know why I entertain your types.

Advertisement
Back