UCF hires former Arkansas State AD

DTP

Commander of The Great Heathen Army
Premium

Mohair has ties to Rhett Lashlee from Arkansas State. UCF is looking for a head coach after Josh Heupel followed Danny White to Tennessee. I would not be surprised if Lashlee interviews for the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It would be a major step up from coaching for us, I mean they have won a national championship more recently than us................
I’m a Lashlee fan so I’d hate to see it happen but there are worse places he could go for his first head coaching job. He’d be taking over a team that’s got plenty of spread personnel already and an established guy at QB. I hope he’s holding out for a P5 position though.

Mohair has ties to Rhett Lashlee from Arkansas State. UCF is looking for a head coach after Josh Heupel followed Danny White to Tennessee. I would not be surprised if Lashlee interviews for the position.
threaten talladega nights GIF

I’m a Lashlee fan so I’d hate to see it happen but there are worse places he could go for his first head coaching job. He’d be taking over a team that’s got plenty of spread personnel already and an established guy at QB. I hope he’s holding out for a P5 position though.
If Lashlee leaves at all, it’ll be for one of the major players. Two people I have talked to (who know far more than I do) say he could have his eyes set on Oklahoma after Lincoln is poached either by the NFL or when Saban retires, possibly Alabama. There is no reason for Lashlee to go to UCF for his first HC gig. He can and will be able to do much better after this season. Potentially even somewhere in the NFL if he has a Joe Brady-like effect this year.

Advertisement
If Lashlee leaves at all, it’ll be for one of the major players. Two people I have talked to (who know far more than I do) say he could have his eyes set on Oklahoma after Lincoln is poached either by the NFL or when Saban retires, possibly Alabama. There is no reason for Lashlee to go to UCF for his first HC gig. He can and will be able to do much better after this season. Potentially even somewhere in the NFL if he has a Joe Brady-like effect this year.
You're delusional if you think ******* Alabama or OU would hire Miami's OC to be their head coach.
Also the "Joe Brady effect" lead to the greatest passing offense ever. We won't see that any time soon again.

You're delusional if you think ******* Alabama or OU would hire Miami's OC to be their head coach.
I don’t think anything and I didn’t say anything about Alabama hiring Rhett. That was about Lincoln and I just relay what I was told. We will see, based on this year, what his real ceiling is. I trust the people I talk to at the end of the day so I will be shocked if he looks at this UCF opening. On Joe Brady, I agree fully, I was using the name as a descriptor for the statistically great season Miami could have on the offencive side and what those numbers could do for Lashlee and his career direction. Joe Brady was an anomaly and was heavily aided by Joe Burrow among other players but the comparison would be apt, should it happen I feel.

Last edited:
I hope that’s the case but I seriously doubt Alabama is looking to hire a first time head coach after Saban. Same for Oklahoma. Riley is a first timer but he was already on staff as the OC before being promoted. I do believe Lashlee could parlay a great season at Miami into a P5 job for 2022 though.

I hope that’s the case but I seriously doubt Alabama is looking to hire a first time head coach after Saban. Same for Oklahoma. Riley is a first timer but he was already on staff as the OC before being promoted. I do believe Lashlee could parlay a great season at Miami into a P5 job for 2022 though.
I must have phrased that badly, I am sorry. I meant that OU’s HC position would be open after Lincoln left for either Alabama (just think there is mutual interest) or the NFL (pure speculation on where, obviously). I agree with you about Lashlee being able to parlay a great season at Miami this year, absolutely.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would hope they'd rather get malzahn, since he's lashlee's mentor and all. plus he's available so they wouldn't have to pay a buyout.

What we don’t need right now is a whole new offense unless it comes from someone with a lot of experience and a proven resume. Wouldn’t be an easy replacement otherwise.

Advertisement
Back