Off-Topic UAPs and other high strangeness

I’ve always chalked this up to pareidolia. Same as seeing the face on the moon, or Jesus in a piece of toast.

Possibly; but the face on moon or on a piece of toast or a wandering cloud doesn't have the same sharp geometric patterns as a pyramid. Not to say geometric patterns can't occur naturally such as the Giant's Causeway image that OCCC posted. Pyramidal structures with sharp angles seem more contrived, but I am not a geologist. Maybe there are natural examples of these kinds of shapes.

Advertisement
Yeah, same. I've read all the "you can clearly see a pyramid/parrott/monolith" claims people make and when I go check out the picture, it's a HUUUUGE stretch.

That said, I find this theory of mars to be absolutely fascinating.

Richard Hoagland popularized this with his book "The Monuments Of Mars : City On The Edge Of Forever". Interesting stuff but he is more in the Erich von Daniken vein. Not really considered a serious scholar or researcher.

Richard Hoagland popularized this with his book "The Monuments Of Mars : City On The Edge Of Forever". Interesting stuff but he is more in the Erich von Daniken vein. Not really considered a serious scholar or researcher.

I find EvD's (and his ilk) writings to be a very interesting set of theories in general. I enjoy reading Graham Hancock as well. So much we don't know about even our current species.

I find EvD's (and his ilk) writings to be a very interesting set of theories in general. I enjoy reading Graham Hancock as well. So much we don't know about even our current species.

A very interesting topic is the giant and very ancient megaliths that you find all over the world and the technologies involved to move these giant rocks miles from where they were quarried and chiseled to extreme precisions to fit together. The earth has experienced various cyclical calamities. Who knows what ancient civilizations were able to achieve before being were wiped out by cataclysms with maybe a few survivors and then having to start over again.

A very interesting topic is the giant and very ancient megaliths that you find all over the world and the technologies involved to move these giant rocks miles from where they were quarried and chiseled to extreme precisions to fit together. The earth has experienced various cyclical calamities. Who knows what ancient civilizations were able to achieve before being were wiped out by cataclysms with maybe a few survivors and then having to start over again.

yep, and how many times have we had to reset the clock in the past 200-300k years?

Advertisement
The nephilim bro.

Advertisement
I have heard the name mentioned, not familiar with him though. I will check him out, thanks.
He is a reputable bible scholar with credentials and published work. His doctorate work is ancient Semitic languages which is important in deciphering the ancient texts. He is a very interesting lecturer and breaks things down in laymen’s level. Worth a listen.

He is a reputable bible scholar with credentials and published work. His doctorate work is ancient Semitic languages which is important in deciphering the ancient texts. He is a very interesting lecturer and breaks things down in laymen’s level. Worth a listen.
Cool. I just randomly came across videos around 5 years ago or so. Videos came up on my recommended list. Whether people believe it or not, it is an interesting topic. It is nice to know somebody with verifiable credentials covers it instead of randoms that come across as insane. I am pretty guarded though, outside of salvation, I do my best not to lose focus on the arguments outside that realm. Keeps me from spending years in Revelation, ha.

edit**I looked up the first guy I ever listened to on this topic, it was irking me. Derek Gilbert. I don't know his theological background at all though.

Last edited:
Cool. I just randomly came across videos around 5 years ago or so. Videos came up on my recommended list. Whether people believe it or not, it is an interesting topic. It is nice to know somebody with verifiable credentials covers it instead of randoms that come across as insane. I am pretty guarded though, outside of salvation, I do my best not to lose focus on the arguments outside that realm. Keeps me from spending years in Revelation, ha.

You need to check out his book "Reversing Hermon" which is related to Jesus' ministry. I am sure you can find his podcasts discussing it if you prefer not getting the book but listening to his thesis.

Advertisement
There are at least 10 other Universes that they could come from.
1652303467908.gif

I just keep going back to the fermi paradox, that has more or less convinced me that while extraterrestrial life might even be abundant, the obstacles to communicating/meeting with them are insurmountable. This is assuming that there’s no intelligent life in the solar system, which right now it looks like there’s zero chance of that, unless some super advanced microbes or undetermined life live under one of the frozen oceans on one of the outer planets moons.

A good paradox is hard to defeat.

I have one to explain why time travel is impossible. I call it the "I'm Still a Litigator so Time Travel Can't Exist" Paradox. It goes something like this: (1) If time travel existed, then some future time traveler would eventually travel back to a time where some future me exists; (2) This would increase the availability of time travel; (3) If some future me learned of available time travel, he would absolutely go back in time and tell pre-litigator me not to become a litigator; (4) I am still a litigator; thus, (5) Time travel will never exist; because (6) Time travel is impossible.

A good paradox is hard to defeat.

I have one to explain why time travel is impossible. I call it the "I'm Still a Litigator so Time Travel Can't Exist" Paradox. It goes something like this: (1) If time travel existed, then some future time traveler would eventually travel back to a time where some future me exists; (2) This would increase the availability of time travel; (3) If some future me learned of available time travel, he would absolutely go back in time and tell pre-litigator me not to become a litigator; (4) I am still a litigator; thus, (5) Time travel will never exist; because (6) Time travel is impossible.

What legal arena would you have told your past self to focus on?

Advertisement
Never had an email from National Geographic before, but weirdly this was in my email today. I think they are watching me. Talking about new finds that break the laws of f physics. Also an article on multi-verse possibilities.

Just seems weird after reading this thread I get this email. 🕵🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Back