Off-Topic UAPs and other high strangeness

Advertisement
1695755580847.png

@305to954 @CaneinBroward @Empirical Cane @ithacane @hotshot

Last edited:
Advertisement
I only have one question about aliens - and I'd discover the answer to quickly - how bullet-proof are they?
I have it on good authority from watching a lot of television that the first one is really hard to kill, but if you make it past that one, they get easier. Watch Battle Los Angeles and you'll see.

Advertisement
I have it on good authority from watching a lot of television that the first one is really hard to kill, but if you make it past that one, they get easier. Watch Battle Los Angeles and you'll see.

If it bleeds - I can kill it. Just have to conclude my intent very quickly.

Given enough time, I could kill an elephant with a .22. But not before he stomps me into mush.

Going with a big bore!

If it bleeds - I can kill it. Just have to conclude my intent very quickly.

Given enough time, I could kill an elephant with a .22. But not before he stomps me into mush.

Going with a big bore!
When the Air Force did their research before picking the AR-7, they found that every single large mammal in North America had been brought down by a .22lr.

I pity the poor fool who brought down a Kodiak bear with that because you know **** well that wasn't plan A.

When the Air Force did their research before picking the AR-7, they found that every single large mammal in North America had been brought down by a .22lr.

I pity the poor fool who brought down a Kodiak bear with that because you know **** well that wasn't plan A.

I used to live in Alaska - and the biggest and baddest is the Coastal Brown Bear. HUGE!

I wouldn't take one on with less than a .338 WinMag. Even better - given a choice - is the .416 Ruger - it's shorter than the belted .416 Rigby - but by eliminating the belt and widening the cartridge wall by the same amount - they both have the exact, same ballistics.

Thus, rather than have the long-throw bolt action of the .416 Rigby, you will have a short-throw action with the .416 Ruger - and that's a lot quicker to cycle.

Whichever dumba** said that every large mammal in North America had been brought down by a .22 - suggesting it's a suitable round - should be given a .22 and sent out to bring in one each of those animals.

A lot of time, it took two .223 rounds to bring down an enemy, especially in the 100 meter area - and the results beyond 200 meters were really sketchy.

Never had a problem bringing down anyone with the .308/7.62X51mm.

I used to live in Alaska - and the biggest and baddest is the Coastal Brown Bear. HUGE!

I wouldn't take one on with less than a .338 WinMag. Even better - given a choice - is the .416 Ruger - it's shorter than the belted .416 Rigby - but by eliminating the belt and widening the cartridge wall by the same amount - they both have the exact, same ballistics.

Thus, rather than have the long-throw bolt action of the .416 Rigby, you will have a short-throw action with the .416 Ruger - and that's a lot quicker to cycle.

Whichever dumba** said that every large mammal in North America had been brought down by a .22 - suggesting it's a suitable round - should be given a .22 and sent out to bring in one each of those animals.

A lot of time, it took two .223 rounds to bring down an enemy, especially in the 100 meter area - and the results beyond 200 meters were really sketchy.

Never had a problem bringing down anyone with the .308/7.62X51mm.
I'm pretty sure every large mammal has been brought down by a spear at some point as well. Doesn't mean I want to try it.

We won WW2 with .30-06, just saying.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure every large mammal has been brought down by a spear at some point as well. Doesn't mean I want to try it.

We won WW2 with .30-06, just saying.

Aye.

Polar Bears have been taken down by the Inuit in days past with spears - not recommended - not always successful - but it's been done - out of necessity.

We DID win WW2 with the 30.06, and the .308 was just a more efficient round in almost identical ballistic results, but more compactly designed.

Aye.

Polar Bears have been taken down by the Inuit in days past with spears - not recommended - not always successful - but it's been done - out of necessity.

We DID win WW2 with the 30.06, and the .308 was just a more efficient round in almost identical ballistic results, but more compactly designed.
But M1 thumb was a daily reminder of being careful.

But M1 thumb was a daily reminder of being careful.

Almost take your thumb - plumb - off!

And carrying that Browning 1919 machine gun? Built like a tank. Sharp angles everywhere - never could find a decent way of carrying it on your shoulder! Steady digging in!

But it would work first time, every time - for days! And decades!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back