UAB Post Game +/-

Seriously you might as well call out John Buck...you dork...Blake Baker is a **** who has no business being DC of this team

He's a "man of faith" but he's also the worst at calling a defense. My lord.
Okay.

Advertisement
He talked about missing those big throws.

Basically said himself he needs to get the rust out.

You know how much hitting a couple of long throws opens things up underneath. I don’t take too much good nor bad from this game.

Other than we do have ourselves a game changing quarterback.

Think about what a difference he made this game, even if he didn’t have his best game throwing. That’s how important King is. With a little more accuracy on his intermediate and long throws, we’ve got ourselves a kickass offense
Happy that he brought it up, and I’m sure he will work it out with the WRs and TEs.

Yeah I’ve been convinced but Blake baker is not qualified to coach at Miami. Manny needs to take the reigns to get the defense back to how it was in 2016-2018

He talked about missing those big throws.

Basically said himself he needs to get the rust out.

You know how much hitting a couple of long throws opens things up underneath. I don’t take too much good nor bad from this game.

Other than we do have ourselves a game changing quarterback.

Think about what a difference he made this game, even if he didn’t have his best game throwing. That’s how important King is. With a little more accuracy on his intermediate and long throws, we’ve got ourselves a kickass offense
The U needs a dual that QB from now on. He'll have us converting 3rd downs and in the red zone at a higher rate than the last 2 decades. If we can't get a national guy recruit a local guy I'm tired of seeing them go elsewhere and grow into something special.

Only thing I disagree with is that we’re going to miss shaq and pic big time. Jennings and Mcloud are both sub par

Advertisement
Just line Brevin and Mallory in the slot followed by Resperto and Harley. Payton at X and rotate everyone else at Y. Maybe one of the other 3 freshmen will take that spot

Just came home from the game 44 LB is so slow he can’t run.. #8 Ivey is a lshytty again And gaynor needs to hit the weight room he’s weak. And I know they didn’t get much opportunity but our WR’s look average.
They are gonna come alive when we play your team.

Brevin is the best pass catching skill talent we have. Need to be a focal point, he has elite ability and looks even faster this year

Better yet, loved the throw by king, solid timing, it may seem pedestrian to folks, but being able to execute that play consistently is crucial to the success of Any offense.

Advertisement

Plus:

+Overall

I was pleased. If you thought we were going to hang 60 on anyone outside the FCS after installing a brand new offense, that is diametrically opposed from the previous one in just about every way imaginable, and having approximately 5 minutes of spring football...there isn't anything to ask of you other than patience. This team will get better as the year goes on.

+We ran at will
337 yards worth to be exact. I saw a stat where we had the most yards rushing since the opener against FAMU in Richt's first year. No idea how long it's been since we ran for that much against an FBS team. Chaney and Knighton each had a couple of 15-20 yard runs and Cam had well over a hundred.

+King
Nothing amazing outside of a couple circus scrambles and his TD run. The passing game was pretty pedestrian at best, until we remembered Brevin Jordan is a living person and that pretty much ended the game. His ability to extend drives will be one of the more valuable tools in his bag. I'll take one of these each game too.

It's still early, but it's pretty safe to say that we are going to look much more like 2013 Auburn than 2019 SMU. That's not a bad thing, just remember that and accept it.

+Defense
We held a team to less than 300 yards offense, and only gave up one drive all game. That's with 8 starters from last year not returning. We're going to miss Rousseau, and we'll probably miss Pinckney and Quarterman for a game or two down the road, but that was a solid debut.

+We have a kicker
Ordinarily when someone tells you to be excited about a kicker I'd tell you to give your head a shake. But after the inability to make PAT's last year, having Borregales reminds you how important this **** is.

-Minus:

-Passing game seemed off

Maybe it's the lack of chemistry, but there didn't seem to be much clicking between King and the WRs. Deep balls in particular were overthrown, and several times King wasn't on the same page with who he threw it to. I don't think this is going to get THAT much better. I'm not that sold on anyone in the WR room, especially Pope.

-Brevin was barely targeted in the 1st half
Seriously, throw him the ******* ball.

-Ivey doing Ivey things
Frustrating stuff.

If Ivey turns his head on their td pass its a pick. He has 0 instincts.

Honestly I’m down on the passing game like most but based on some playcalls the plays were there to be made and just not executed.

A couple wide open throws are made and we are easily in the 40s yesterday (long wide open one to Harley, the goal line wide open one, etc.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back