UA/USAA practices

I'm drinking 1 mile from Camping World...I'm almost as Tipsy as @Mklein13 at this very moment....
I got bombed on New Years sitting in my buddy's garage. He's got a sweet set up so we just hung there all day and watched the NFL games. He had his garage door open...high 40's in Chicago. Never would I have thought it would be that nice on New Years Day.

Advertisement
Kevin Nelson was basically giving Ray Lewis speeches to our fan base on a daily basis.
****, yall lay off of Kev, man lol. That's one of my college homie's lil brother. Man, was I hurt when he didn't pan out. Kevin's brother is a lifelong **** and I mess with him till this day about sending him to Gables on a sabotage mission. Real talk, the Nelsons are good folks but Kev was a miss. It happens...

Advertisement
6’5.5 and 320+ already for Okunlola.

If he can get the mental part down, I think he’s a Day 1 starter on the OL along with Mauigoa.

I would start the youth movement ASAP with these guys and let them develop. They have the kind of talent that will make this a championship team in the long run.

I agree both should be put in a position to start. Totally different situation from Nelson who wasn't physically ready. But I strongly believe we need to bring in another top talent at OT through the portal if at all possible. You don't want to give positions to young guys, they need to earn it.

Also, we constantly see young guys who are even physically put together get injured along the line (Rivers, Donaldson). Much better to ease them into the rotation and limit their snap counts so they don't get tired and hurt themselves.

net/net, a portal OT is still an imperative IMHO.

TEAM SPEED

QB-
Oklahoma signee Jackson Arnold, Florida signee Jaden Rashada

RB-
Alabama signee Richard Young, Colorado signee Dylan Edwards, unsigned Javin Simpkins

WR/TE-
Unsigned Duce Robinson, Kentucky signee Khamari Anderson, Oregon signee Ashton Cozart, Alabama signee Jalen Hale, Notre Dame signee Braylon James, Clemson signee Noble Johnson, South Carolina signee Kelton Henderson, Utah signee Mikey Matthews, Oklahoma signee Jaquaize Pettaway, Western Carolina signee Santana Fleming

OL-
Alabama signee Olaus Alinen, Oklahoma signee Cayden Green, Florida signee Knijeah Harris, Michigan signee Amir Herring, Oregon signee Iapani Laloulu, Alabama signee Miles McVay, Louisville signee Madden Sanker, FSU signee Lucas Simmons

DL-
Oklahoma signee Adepoju Adebawore, Alabama signee Jordan Renaud, Miami signee Rueben Bain, Florida signee Kelby Collins, Tennessee signee Chandavian Bradley, unsigned Cameron Lenhardt, Georgia signee Samuel M'Pemba, Florida signee Will Norman, UCF signee John Walker

LB-
Notre Dame signee Jaiden Ausberry, Oklahoma signee Lewis Carter, unsigned Michael Harris, unsigned Andrew Harris, Maryland signee Rico Walker

DB-
Miami commit Cormani McClain, Miami signee Robert Stafford, Oklahoma signee Peyton Bowen, Florida signee Ja'Keem Jackson, Florida signee Jordan Castell, TCU signee Max Carroll, Florida signee Sharif Denson, Oklahoma signee Jacobe Johnson, unsigned Ethan Nation, Mississippi State signee Isaac Smith, Penn State signee Elliot Washington, LSU signee Ryan Yaites
I never kept up with Santana Fleming’s recruitment but surprised he ended up @ Western Carolina. Seems like most of the unsigned kids are dudes that peaked before their senior year and didn’t have the big committable offers they were anticipating.

Advertisement
Sanker looks like trash.

Aint he the kid that was talking **** about UM on his visit or something like that?
Gaby said kid was throwing up L’s in the group pics and staff quickly sniffed it out and excluded him from the rest of the recruiting activities.

6’5.5 and 320+ already for Okunlola.

If he can get the mental part down, I think he’s a Day 1 starter on the OL along with Mauigoa.

I would start the youth movement ASAP with these guys and let them develop. They have the kind of talent that will make this a championship team in the long run.

Part of me agrees, other part of me says if we can get a good starter in here then we should to ease them in, more so Samson. I do think Mauigoa will be more ready to play sooner, but the crappy part about all of this is that if Okunlola doesn’t play significant snaps and we struggle, I can see him bouncing. That’s just where we are at today in the NIL/transfer world.

The idea of 2 18 year old OTs starting scares me. I know some have done it with mild success, but that doesn’t make me feel any better. I guess we’ll see. Add the UCF center and another OT and get as many pieces in here as possible. I feel good about them getting the best 5 out there, but we still need a couple more IMO.

Man O Man....Bain reminds me exactly of Jamaal Green...

Wow, great comp. Green had a similar body type and wasn’t more than 255ish. Wasn’t a speed demon, strong as **** but had good technique. He was limited physically compared to Bain, though. I think Bain has more get-off at the LOS. Not quite as nimble/quick as Jerome McDougle (who had a similarly thick lower half), though.

Wow, great comp. Green had a similar body type and wasn’t more than 255ish. Wasn’t a speed demon, strong as **** but had good technique. He was limited physically compared to Bain, though. I think Bain has more get-off at the LOS. Not quite as nimble/quick as Jerome McDougle (who had a similarly thick lower half), though.
I spoke to Jamaal the other night...and told him the similarities are spot on...he agreed.

Advertisement
Part of me agrees, other part of me says if we can get a good starter in here then we should to ease them in, more so Samson. I do think Mauigoa will be more ready to play sooner, but the crappy part about all of this is that if Okunlola doesn’t play significant snaps and we struggle, I can see him bouncing. That’s just where we are at today in the NIL/transfer world.

The idea of 2 18 year old OTs starting scares me. I know some have done it with mild success, but that doesn’t make me feel any better. I guess we’ll see. Add the UCF center and another OT and get as many pieces in here as possible. I feel good about them getting the best 5 out there, but we still need a couple more IMO.
We had Donaldson starting as a true freshman but he was surrounded by 4 guys who had plenty of experience. Could be a similar situation if Zion comes back and we add the UCF center. You'll have those two along with Rivers and Cohen starting.

UGA and Bama have both been willing to start freshmen on the Oline and at tackle. We’re those special kids, yep. But we got 2 of the special kids this year and should be equally bold If their performance in the Spring, Fall and weight room warrant it.

Advertisement

Typically I would agree with you, but both of these guys are physically ready to go.

We’re seeing more and more OL start as TFr’s in P5 schools.

20230103_150735.jpg

Advertisement
Back