UA and All American bowl updates

Advertisement
There was never an issue with Redding's speed, he was always a 4.5/4.48 speed kid, no one (should have) ever questioned his speed.

The speed questions were more for Worsham because he was a 4.8 kid, whether or not he's improved on that time remains to be seen...

But I don't think anyone has ever questioned Redding's speed.
I read something that sort of lumped them in together. Thanks for the clarification!

2 guys who would be great coaches on a certain staff imo. Ed is a no brainer tho
Reggie I don't think is all that interested in becoming a full time coach, he does great with the NFL Network.

Ed on the other hand absolutely wants to coach somewhere & was coaching with the Bills for a lil bit...

I'm usually against bringing back a former legends on a coaching staff because they can become immovable objects if it doesn't work out, but in Ed's case he would be the exception to the rule. He could very easily be the Safeties/Special Teams coach & would do a phenemonal job. His football knowledge & IQ is unmatched & he would kill it on the trail.

Reggie I don't think is all that interested in becoming a full time coach, he does great with the NFL Network.

Ed on the other hand absolutely wants to coach somewhere & was coaching with the Bills for a lil bit...

I'm usually against bringing back a former legends on a coaching staff because they can become immovable objects if it doesn't work out, but in Ed's case he would be the exception to the rule. He could very easily be the Safeties/Special Teams coach & would do a phenemonal job. His football knowledge & IQ is unmatched & he would kill it on the trail.
Exactly. I think ed is going to be a slam dunk at wherever he lands. Regarding reggie, idk how interested he is in coaching but he was such a technician while being an incredible athlete. I think he can relate to these kids as well along with knowing what real work ethic is. I also think bringing in ed takes pressure off rumph in recruiting if we indeed do keep him

Advertisement

Worsham can get open, beat avantae williams a few times. He looks dare i say explosive on That route at 2:30. I saw him get another slant route where he made a move on the db to get open on the slot in the 11 on 11 period and caught the ball. Ivins said he caught a 40 yard td yesterday too.
1577800814424.gif

other note from this video, Julian Fleming looks very explosive and will continue what osu does at receiver

Last edited:
Imo Redding looks really good in this video. His route tree is more expansive than i thought. This is the session also where he looked like he was floating on an endzone catch up too. That 5 star Rakim Jarrett struggled with drops, getting open and just overall looked really stiff tbh. Darnell Washington looked like he struggles running too.
1577801802590.gif

Last edited:

Worsham can get open, beat avantae williams a few times. He looks dare i say explosive on That route at 2:30. I saw him get another slant route where he made a move on the db to get open on the slot in the 11 on 11 period and caught the ball. Ivins said he caught a 40 yard td yesterday too.
View attachment 106732
other note from this video, Julian Fleming looks very explosive and will continue what osu does at receiver

Julian Fleming is an absolute freak. Him growing up 1.5 hours from Penn State and being there more times than Stevenson was at UM, killed PSU Fans. There was an article written where he explains why he left. One thing stands out that has a direct link to the Lingard situation some have been arguing over.

“I thought, they got the No. 1 receiver last year, and, he had a little injury in spring ball or whatever, but for him not to be utilized at all throughout the offense, I did see that throughout the year. I didn’t agree with it,” Fleming said. “You have to play your best players and obviously he’s a freak. He’s 6-3, 6-4, 215 pounds and they just didn’t utilize him whatsoever.”

“That was one of the big things I really always thought about and it kind of took its toll a little bit, just seeing the No. 1 kid go in and not play at all,” continued Fleming. “I think he played like three games so he’ll be good for a redshirt year, but just to come in right away and have no immediate impact and not be able to get on the field as much as you’d like – whether it be that he wasn’t producing enough or anything like that or he wasn’t coached well enough – he still was the No. 1 kid and didn’t get on the college field probably as much as he wanted to see. I saw that from a distance and analyzed that a little bit.”

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...-brian-hartline-psu-instability-and-more.html

It wasn't just the part above - he mentioned coaching stability (really close with Brian Hartline, PSU is on their 3rd WR coach since they started recruiting him) and on field results as well.

Advertisement

Instant upgrade over Banda.. Make it happen Liberty City.

we claim bags when we miss out on a recruit
do other schools say the same thing about us when we get a recruit they want, for example does FSU fans claim were dropping bags and that's how we got knighton?
or is the bag excuse just used by us?
It's been talked about on this board before. Rosemy's people were looking for a handout. Clearly not every kid we don't land isn't due to bags. Don't know what you want me to say.

Advertisement
It's been talked about on this board before. Rosemy's people were looking for a handout. Clearly not every kid we don't land isn't due to bags. Don't know what you want me to say.

its not just rosemy,
its more of do other fans claim bags to when a recruit picks us
its just a general question ive always wondered

My only concern with a guy like Ed who is a Hall of Fame guy, has money, etc is......is he willing to grind? The college game is about grinding, day in and day out. Practice, film study, recruiting, social media, mentoring young men, etc. It's so much more than just coaching and takes a lot more time than some think.....at least to be a great coach. Ed lived the grind as a player, but after making it to the level he did, is he willing to go back to that type of daily life? The NFL is a different job with a different schedule.

If it's a yes, bring that man on. His leadership and knowledge of football exceeds most who will ever coach or lace them up.
If it's a no, it would be an awful look to bring him in and not have it work out.

Only the guys who know him well have enough insight on that. I'm just a fan of the game and don't follow guys much after they leave the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back