2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

3 for 4 is pretty good. I think we have 4 players In the game Saturday Scott and LF have done well hopefully Carr steps it up in the game.
I read Carr did really well the first practice. He may have tweaked something so hasn’t been as active since. Patterson showed up late hasn’t been bad but also hasn’t dominated.

Advertisement
Im not sure we have a Fletcher, Francis or Bain this year. I think some might get on the field in certain packages though pause.

Here are your candidates for high impact freshmen in my opinion.

+ Scott
+ Carr
+ Trader
+ Lyle (injuries and skill)
+ Jones

* I didn’t add Bell since he’s Jr and will have to battle hard to get on the field.
* I realize I have two DT’s on that list, but the skill and work ethic are there to get into a heavy rotation by the middle of the season.

Advertisement
I wonder if Pickett can play off the ball. At 6'3 215 [accurate?] I don't know if he can be a full time Boundary DE in our system.

Luckily, Guidry's Will inside backer really is a hybrid position in our nickel fronts. Most of the time, Guidry keeps the Mike as a true Mike, and the Will plays off the ball in the regular 42 stuff, and on the edge in the bear/odd stuff. How many times did we see 31 and 23 playing on the edge? In our regular 43 under stuff, He could step in at the Sam and play a 9 technique.

Do we know Guidry's plans for him? Does he have any tape playing in a more traditional Stacked LB role?

All those blitzes with kiko, i'd send Pickett on those.

Advertisement
I wonder if Pickett can play off the ball. At 6'3 215 [accurate?] I don't know if he can be a full time Boundary DE in our system.

Luckily, Guidry's Will inside backer really is a hybrid position in our nickel fronts. Most of the time, Guidry keeps the Mike as a true Mike, and the Will plays off the ball in the regular 42 stuff, and on the edge in the bear/odd stuff. How many times did we see 31 and 23 playing on the edge? In our regular 43 under stuff, He could step in at the Sam and play a 9 technique.

Do we know Guidry's plans for him? Does he have any tape playing in a more traditional Stacked LB role?
When they mentioned him as a LB this is what i automatically thought, same with malik bryant.

Im not sure we have a Fletcher, Francis or Bain this year. I think some might get on the field in certain packages though pause.

We have fewer holes (outside of QB smh) so less opportunity to start. But we'll see a lot of guys make the rotation. Patterson is the best bet given safety depth. At least one of the 3 WRs sees a lot of action in a non-slot position. And we really aren't that deep across the DL, so both we'll have freshmen DEs and DTs in the rotation. Once the injury bug hits, all bets are off.

We have fewer holes (outside of QB smh) so less opportunity to start. But we'll see a lot of guys make the rotation. Patterson is the best bet given safety depth. At least one of the 3 WRs sees a lot of action in a non-slot position. And we really aren't that deep across the DL, so both we'll have freshmen DEs and DTs in the rotation. Once the injury bug hits, all bets are off.
I agree with that I think those 3 i mentioned were highly talented and also had the size as well pause. I think Scott has the size already and Jones looked bigger then LT in a picture that was going around on here pause. I just don't think they are enrolling early. Will be interesting to see how much weight LF can put on since he's enrolling early.

Advertisement
Agreed. The injury bug changes everything and it's inevitable. The d end & rb spots were hit most this year so what will it be this year ? Zaquan has the best chance to start as a freshman. But a handful of other guys should become very key rotational guys: Trader, Scott, McConathey, Bell are some I have my eye on in addition to Zaquan. They're all physically ready day 1 and have enough questions in front of them where I think it's possible for them to get on the field (McConathey I admit is a stretch but I just see a future star here IMO).

Agreed. The injury bug changes everything and it's inevitable. The d end & rb spots were hit most this year so what will it be this year ? Zaquan has the best chance to start as a freshman. But a handful of other guys should become very key rotational guys: Trader, Scott, McConathey, Bell are some I have my eye on in addition to Zaquan. They're all physically ready day 1 and have enough questions in front of them where I think it's possible for them to get on the field (McConathey I admit is a stretch but I just see a future star here IMO).
Why is McConathey a stretch? He’ll be the most ready fr DE size wise coming in. Pause

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back