2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Advertisement
Idk about Mccoy yet he has been a 6th lineman and somehow couldn't beat out Lou.
Is that really true or was nepotism involved ? One thing I noticed about McCoy is when he came in during plays as a 6th o lineman we picked up the necessary 1st down most of the time. He has a great chance to start this year and then we'll see for sure.

Is that really true or was nepotism involved ? One thing I noticed about McCoy is when he came in during plays as a 6th o lineman we picked up the necessary 1st down most of the time. He has a great chance to start this year and then we'll see for sure.
I think we all know that answer, but I would like to see him log some true OL minutes to judge him.

@Dwinstitles ....if there's anything I know in regards to UM football, or football in general, it's DB play, and DB evaluating & coaching. Addae is easily replaceable. I wish Mario would give Chuck a call, and be open to suggestions.

What do you think about Antione Jackson in the Portal? Would you take him back?

Advertisement
Same. Assuming health i have next year o line as Rivers, McCoy, Carpenter, Cooper, Mauigoa from left to right.

If Bell/Samson make the case as one of the top 5 then one of Rivers/Francis slides inside, which isn't the worst as I think both are G's at the next level.

Its good to have depth lol

Advertisement
If Bell/Samson make the case as one of the top 5 then one of Rivers/Francis slides inside, which isn't the worst as I think both are G's at the next level.

Its good to have depth lol
And put Cooper on the bench who is proven at guard ? I can see Samson and McCoy being in a serious battle for LG. One of the two are gonna be a **** of a # 6 swing guy.

And put Cooper on the bench who is proven at guard ? I can see Samson and McCoy being in a serious battle for LG. One of the two are gonna be a **** of a # 6 swing guy.

would be McCoy who moves to bench. Coopers the only one who 100% stays at his spot. Can see the other 4 move around depending on the best 5.

Personally I’d rather move Rivers to OG and put one of those two at OT.

If Samson is healthy my money is on him. They got big money on him and many peoples expectation was redshirt then takeover. 3 and out 1st round. It’s like an nfl team after they draft a 1st round pick. You simply can’t leave him on the bench. Too much capital involved

LT Okunlola
LG Rivers

Advertisement
It’s all contextual. Stevenson was a great transfer back. I think Jackson would be too. I wouldn’t take back a kid like Bogle and am indifferent about Earl Little Jr.
But that's still rolling the dice...I want kids (and there's many) that commit to a school and honor their commitment in full. I fully realize that's not the norm today with many outstanding talents leaving one, or sometimes multiple schools.

Advertisement
If Samson is healthy my money is on him. They got big money on him and many peoples expectation was redshirt then takeover. 3 and out 1st round. It’s like an nfl team after they draft a 1st round pick. You simply can’t leave him on the bench. Too much capital involved

LT Okunlola
LG Rivers
Good point with the NIl investment but Rivers held the LT spot down so I think it's more likely Samson goes to LG.

Good point with the NIl investment but Rivers held the LT spot down so I think it's more likely Samson goes to LG.
Rivers was great at LT far exceeded my expectations. I just think he’s a guard in the NFL and the tape at that spot could help solidify his draft spot

It’s all contextual. Stevenson was a great transfer back. I think Jackson would be too. I wouldn’t take back a kid like Bogle and am indifferent about Earl Little Jr.
I feel Jackson and Stevenson are completely different. Stevenson was a big time player and played snaps at UGA. If spots are limited and they think they can get the guy from NC State definitely have to go for him. I think he would start here don't think Jackson would start here. FSU is taking anyone with a pulse from South Florida seems like it and this guy ended up at UCF.

Rivers was great at LT far exceeded my expectations. I just think he’s a guard in the NFL and the tape at that spot could help solidify his draft spot
I'll trust Mirabal to figure it out but I'm not sure Rivers has the raw power to be a high level guard. But our depth of talent has gotten vastly better so I'm glad we have that problem.

Advertisement
Back