2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Anyone have any clips of Carr in this game?
Not much to see.

One drop along the sideline (he had nice separation), 1 would be td where he got tripped so ball wasn't really close. 1 downfield attempt that got knocked away by safety before it got to
Him and then a reverse where he got stuffed for a loss of a couple yards.

Advertisement
Not much to see.

One drop along the sideline (he had nice separation), 1 would be td where he got tripped so ball wasn't really close. 1 downfield attempt that got knocked away by safety before it got to

I felt like he got separation every time he was on the field. But he didn't look as impressive as that Moore kid going to Clemson. On that EZ route where the ball got tipped and I think he got tripped, they went right back to the same corner with Moore who was wide open for the TD. I thought it was Carr at first and was all excited, smh.

Advertisement
I didn't ask about development, I asked about scouting. The question derived from someone stating they have more faith in Mario identifying talent. What Mario did with players on the roster had nothing to do with my question.
So we're you questioning his evals or more specifically his lower rated evals?

Most of TRob's recruits didn't pan out either. And he was full of himself. But I agree he was a quality recruiter. Him + Alonzo's player evals and Mario's character would be money.
Yea the mix of those 3 would have gotten us some talent like Mincey (or maybe cause Saban is tough to beat). But we are the U man we have to get elite safeties at least. Butch would have went all out for Downs but different era and bama is built up in kids minds. If they were down all these years we would have a chance at him. It’s like Reed if LsU was up in those times he never comes here, especially with camps he would have shown out and not been a two star.

I was watching an interview with Ahmon Richard’s yesterday and he didn’t want to camp he said that was too flashy. But they thought Bruce and Mullins were better than him but they weren’t. Kid didn’t camp he was just about that football life on the field nd in practise

Not much to see.

Hope he performs here. I don’t take nothing away from that game.

He’s fast but dropped a pass & didn’t fight towards the ball on another play. He needs a redshirt year. I don’t good route running or good ability to track the ball in the air. Just a speed guy to catch screens. I don’t think he could beat press man at the college level yet we’ll see tho….

1 dropped pass. His route running is one thing he is really good at. Also just cause he might need a redshirt to get stronger doesn’t mean it’s a negative. Most freshmen don’t play at stacked programs. Crazy to label a potential bust haha

Advertisement
1 dropped pass. His route running is one thing he is really good at. Also just cause he might need a redshirt to get stronger doesn’t mean it’s a negative. Most freshmen don’t play at stacked programs. Crazy to label a potential bust haha
Typical recruiting classes have about 25 signees. 10 of them won’t make and another 2-5 will either be transferred out, or injured.

Look back at the last 5 recruiting classes for Miami and tell me how many players didn’t make it. Don’t worry I’ll wait.

I know more about football than anybody on this board.
1089217606424461317.gif

Advertisement
So we're you questioning his evals or more specifically his lower rated evals?
Neither, @Dwinstitles stated he has more faith in Mario's evaluating over Manny. I was curious what lower rated guys he was impressed by that gave him that confidence. Imo I haven't seen enough to agree or disagree.

Typical recruiting classes have about 25 signees. 10 of them won’t make and another 2-5 will either be transferred out, or injured.

Look back at the last 5 recruiting classes for Miami and tell me how many players didn’t make it. Don’t worry I’ll wait.

Does that go for every school or just sorry *** Miami?

What is considered a bust?

Advertisement
How does one become washed as a position coach at the age of 54? I can see recruiting where you need to relate to kids and you just don’t have that BS in you anymore but coaching? He just forgot? It happens to one later in their career for sure but 54?

Idk about washed but the story that is going around is that Smart interviewed him after Fran Brown took the Syracuse job and part of the interview was a whiteboard sesssion. Supposedly Raymond was lost.

Is that true? Who knows but I don’t see Kirby passing on an elite recruiter who has a chip on his shoulder regarding two of UGA’s biggest rivals (lsu, uf) in favor of a guy who never lived east of Nebraska.

Neither, @Dwinstitles stated he has more faith in Mario's evaluating over Manny. I was curious what lower rated guys he was impressed by that gave him that confidence. Imo I haven't seen enough to agree or disagree.
So far Cooper and McCoy but the sample size is definitely too small right now

Carr is taller than I thought with longer arms, but is thin. How patient will a kid like that be from out of state? He probs it needs 10-15 pounds, and some strength to really see a big role here.

JoJo is just a smooth natural player. It looks easy to him. He runs such good routes, has great body control, and Velcro for hands.

Chance is just a bigger stronger player than both. Could see him factoring in with Horton in outside, but he isn't an early enrollee.

Advertisement
Back