Tyrique Stevenson

That man doesnt want to leave, especially not this time, he belongs at UM, although him and coach diaz are close, he has put to much energy into the guys he's recruited, but more importantly, he appreciates the type of players/personalities he gets to coach here, when he made the statement awhile back when he said something thee effect of "now im starting to see and understand Miami won all those championships, the mindset these guys have down here". Basically, you not going to be able to coach more confident players nowhere else.
Going from Miami to Temple is risky and he knows the caliber of players won't be the same so sure MAYBE he gets a dc chance but he's got one of the most coveted position coach jobs for his age so he'll be careful

Advertisement
Is most likely gone now. Despite the 7-5 season I was looking forward seeing Stevenson and Haselwood+Bogle all represent the U at the Army AA game. I really believed we had overcome Georgia especially for Stevenson and had a dream safety class with Rique and Gurvan. Instead in OUR LAST WEEK the one where all the major players were coming in for their official visit,'this happens.

Diaz is taking Banda and Patke and there goes our connection with TS. Today is the Lowest point by far of the CMR era. I am bummed out as I see no ending to our plight.

MOD's should require, "IN MY DUMB *** OPINION" to be included in thread titles. That would help keep the pile of sh*it threads from the front page. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Banda is 100% following Diaz to Temple. Probably won’t be announced until after bowl game, which gives us a chance with ‘Rique. That said, UGA dropping bags. So, Banda leaving + bags = not Miami

Advertisement
MOD's should require, "IN MY DUMB *** OPINION" to be included in thread titles. That would help keep the pile of sh*it threads front the front page. Thanks in advance.
In my dumb *** opinion, I think you are on to something here!! I think every post by every poster should start with "IN MY DUMB *** OPINION". If the mods do not implement this, I'll just have to read that into every post I read.

Advertisement
Timeline of DC and who DC will be is crucial. No idea what Flake and Morcus will do.
This staff, athletic department, an admin never have a plan, never have backup plans, never have any semblance of a deep thought. you think they have any idea whats going on right now? I don't think Richt is overwhelmed because he has had to do this before but I think he gonna do what he wants to do and be slow and dumb about it.

Bottomline is this..if Miami wants to keep him, promote him to DC. Manny is going to try and make him his DC at temple. Unless he is content with his current role working under someone he doesn’t know, which I doubt. Two things I know, I know he can coach, I know he is a tireless recruiter. Two thing I think, I think he knows this D and how to coach it well enough we’re therr is little to know drop off in performance. Coordinators are like revolving doors but once u find a culture and philosophy that works I believe u try to hold on to that

And at the end of the day, we still got coach rumph back their, its not like he doesnt know how to coach safeties, lol!

Going from Miami to Temple is risky and he knows the caliber of players won't be the same so sure MAYBE he gets a dc chance but he's got one of the most coveted position coach jobs for his age so he'll be careful

Definitely at the cross roads for his career move right now!

Advertisement
Definitely at the cross roads for his career move right now!

Seems like unless you had sustained success at a program (i.e, 10+ years) you get one shot of 3-4 years as a HC. If you can't make it inside of that stint, you're relegated back to OC or DC at best, and most of the time to position coach. There are some exceptions to this rule, sure, but he needs to show over the course of 3 years that he can build something and parlay that into a P5 HC job.

And at the end of the day, we still got coach rumph back their, its not like he doesnt know how to coach safeties, lol!
I think Banda would do both safeties and DC. I know manny worked closely with the LBs when he was here. But I don’t get this notion from our fans that Banda can’t coach when the resume speaks otherwise

Advertisement
Seems like unless you had sustained success at a program (i.e, 10+ years) you get one shot of 3-4 years as a HC. If you can't make it inside of that stint, you're relegated back to OC or DC at best, and most of the time to position coach. There are some exceptions to this rule, sure, but he needs to show over the course of 3 years that he can build something and parlay that into a P5 HC job.

The one thing i think with banda, his ego is not in the way, he Truly luv's being here, he doesnt want to leave and not have the opportunity to coach guys like carter, gurvan, keontra smith, possibly tyrique and others. So we'll see, i do know this, coach richt will make a move when the timing is right!

Another thing is this if Banda stays he'll be a dc candidate in the future no doubt and if Manny succeeds he's next in line here and Banda will be his right hand man again. Stay where you're happy and guarantee success

I think Banda would do both safeties and DC. I know manny worked closely with the LBs when he was here. But I don’t get this notion from our fans that Banda can’t coach when the resume speaks otherwise

They saying the same thing about coach richt, and he put the majority of it together, lol, alot of people to emotional and cant look at or see the progress, oh well!

Richt vs Smart - for a defensive kid - does it really need to be explained ?

I know because Richt hasn't had defensive animals playing for him his whole coaching career huh?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back