Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Listen UGA ain't going undefeated this year fellas.

Write that **** down. You do not lose that much SENIOR talent and go undefeated. They just lost arguably their best player too.

**** em.

Lets see how this plays out.

Been told them TS wasnt coming u can tell from a mile away.....then we got blasted for it becasue he visited alot. **** doesnt mean a **** thing, u can just tell only from a forum that this kid was gone. Im surprised people got tricked especially after what happened last 2 cycles with elite dbs (certain guys u just knew were gone) aint foollin me twice
I think the forum collectively subconsciously knows when recruits are unlikely to come. They spend months arguing back and forth, analyzing any minuscule tweet, visit, clothing item the recruit wears as justification that they're coming. When deep down they know he ain't coming.

That's why all the longest threads on the forum (minus Gator Tears) are for highly rated recruits we don't land.

Advertisement
Listen UGA ain't going undefeated this year fellas.

Write that **** down. You do not lose that much SENIOR talent and go undefeated. They just lost arguably their best player too.

**** em.

Lets see how this plays out.
Think they should lose 3-4. Their biggest thing is gonna be will Fromm continue to develop and/or Fields takes the job. Like you said they lost way too much but CBS will handle them with kid gloves either way.

so whats going on? too many pages to go back to find out what happened today esp since luke just reported recently that ty is visiting this fall

Advertisement
You have to be an idiot coach to mess up and not have Tc ps2 Ryque and Peterson not go on day 1.
So these coaches buy 5 stars that are already studs and claim development?
I remember when we found out Colbert was coming and some said he might not even make the squad cause he was beat out by a freshman or sophomore at Texas.
Tim Irvin was getting recruited by everyone over Jaquan. But who’s getting drafted? The entire sec let Mj get away cause Alabama and the rest didn’t think that highly of him and now he might get that commissioner hug cause we DEVELOPED HIM.
I remember a poster said picking out the best out of our 2015 class was like trying to pick the prettiest fat chick. Well that fat chick is probably going in round one.
That’s good coaching and talent development.
But uga coaches are now db gurus cause they got tc and rashad?
Everyone and there mother knew Amari, Petersen, minkah sony and other dudes were going to the nfl at theire positions but the schools that got them are genius talent developers?!!
I’ll say it again. The recruits as well as this board will have to come to a realization and it might not come till next recruiting cycle. If we go to the playoffs or sniff it by taking Clemson all the way to the wire and and put kids in the nfl as high draft picks; then what excuse is left except bags.
Awesome post!

Advertisement
Wiltfong CB him to UGA with sources saying he silently committed during his visit for the ribbon cutting

Is it like a real silent commit or like a McFarland type silent commit???

Also to chime in on this bags discussion, (I will premise this by saying I am a big Richt supporter and love what he has done with the program) does anyone think that hiring Richt could have made it more difficult for Miami in recruiting? Clearly Richt can recruit S.Fl, he has for years while at UGA but ponder this....

UGA boosters reportedly wanted Richt out the door (for not winning a championship, losing control, not "buying" into their system whatever the reason) Richt then goes and coaches at a school located at the best, most consistent recruiting ground for football in the world. Now if I am a booster, I can't be proved wrong, Richt can not win a championship before I do, so I will go out of my way to not only build my team, but also prove that firing Richt was the right decision because 1. he cant beat us on the field or on the recruiting trail and 2. by taking top talent out of his backyard it will be more difficult for him to have success on the field.

All I am saying is it is added motivation to make the bag BIGGER in the above scenario.... if you have a 5 star from Washington state you can drop a bag for, or a high 4 star from S. Fla. that Richt is going after and get him to commit on signing day so it appears as a loss for UM (see TC) why NOT do that?

Is it like a real silent commit or like a McFarland type silent commit???

Also to chime in on this bags discussion, (I will premise this by saying I am a big Richt supporter and love what he has done with the program) does anyone think that hiring Richt could have made it more difficult for Miami in recruiting? Clearly Richt can recruit S.Fl, he has for years while at UGA but ponder this....

UGA boosters reportedly wanted Richt out the door (for not winning a championship, losing control, not "buying" into their system whatever the reason) Richt then goes and coaches at a school located at the best, most consistent recruiting ground for football in the world. Now if I am a booster, I can't be proved wrong, Richt can not win a championship before I do, so I will go out of my way to not only build my team, but also prove that firing Richt was the right decision because 1. he cant beat us on the field or on the recruiting trail and 2. by taking top talent out of his backyard it will be more difficult for him to have success on the field.

All I am saying is it is added motivation to make the bag BIGGER in the above scenario.... if you have a 5 star from Washington state you can drop a bag for, or a high 4 star from S. Fla. that Richt is going after and get him to commit on signing day so it appears as a loss for UM (see TC) why NOT do that?
Wiltfong's exact quote is in this thread somewhere and he is like the head recruiting director from 24/7 and only puts in a CB when he is sure on something so I'd go with its a done deal.

He should definitely be held accountable for his first year. It seems he held himself accountable and went out and almost won the MNC. The improvements from year 1 to 2 were impressive. Now I agree, let’s see what he does going forward because a two year sample is small, but the improvement warrants the hype.
Now people say it wasn’t impressive because it was Richt’s players but that doesn’t make sense to me. What he showed is that he can win with a full stable. What it seems you are questioning is that he didn’t get those players and can he do that again. Well they are throwing money around like crazy and out Bamaing Bama on the recruiting trail. So based on this small sample, they have a coach that can win if he has talent and can recruit at an elite level. Tell me, if the above scenario was applied to a Miami coach, how hyped up would you be that we are winning a title with the next two year?
He did have like 33 seniors on the team though. That rarely happens, especially at Miami where guys leave for the NFL after 3rd season.
We'll see what he does this year. I don't expect them to win the SEC or make CFP

Advertisement
i think people underestimate how much the chad wilson drama turned off so many db's. i mean chad is a cane and he had clout down here. thanks al

I was going to leave this out, but now that u’ve opened up that can, @nycane You are absolutely right. Al chitting on the Wilson’s has had a detrimental affect. It even turned off our new DB coach off. I remember us, as fans, BEGGING for us to go after Quincy. I didn’t realize the ramifications at the time, but it was soon felt thereafter.

Golden caused so much damage, it wasn’t even funny. Part of the reason I wanted Butch was b/c of the freggin 30/30 and parents, former players all know what he did and believed he could remedy the damage faster simply b/c of the ESPN propaganda.

But I’m happy w Richt; but I’ll be honest, I knew we would have some struggles recruiting, particularly on def. Honestly, we’ve done a masterful job in identifying under the radar kids that are blowing up and we’re ahead of schedule.

We just gotta take care of biz this year. This is probably the most important season, to date, regarding the long term health of our program. We can snipe all these $EC & Small10 volutures.

We’re still going to lose guys can, but we’ll keep more elite talent home then bleed them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back