Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Old pic; give me something that says Aug 1st; and even then I still won’t believe it. That’s how I’m feeling bout this situation

That was in response to pro Miami coaches at southridge, not necessarily about where we stand with Tyrique

Advertisement
Fify 1994 Season Fed Ex Orange Bowl National Title Game vs Nebraska we led the whole game until 7 minutes remained in the fourth quarter when they tied at 17 and took the lead with about 2min and change.
That’s fine but that was a game that Nebraska was losing not us winning, similar to 86 and 02 for us. Luckily for them, they pulled out the game, a game they were supposed to win. We were overmatched and had no chance with Costa. That over throw where he missed the wide open receiver would have made Rosier blush.

Point is that it was just a matter of time til our defense broke, all time valiant effort though.

Clemson aint been pulling in classes like that. There last 3 classes has been 7th,11th,16th.
A big part of that was b/c they took small classes under 25 so the numbers hurt their class ranking, but those small classes were filled with 4 and 5 stars, and definitely would have been top 3 with 25+ kids in the class.

Advertisement
You can count on one hand the number of Dade/Broward kids whose recruitments felt like this who ended up signing here. It almost never happens. Mercenaries are mercenaries.

You can count on one hand the number of Dade/Broward kids whose recruitments felt like this who ended up signing here. It almost never happens. Mercenaries are mercenaries.

I blame the system as well. Kids are taught at young ages to be mercenaries. Unfortunately, we might see any fruition until class of 2022. That’s y Richt is trying his best to reprogram these young kids. Right now, they’re so use to front running and being sold to the highest bidder, it’s become callous.

Did "Spineless disloyal cowards for sale to the biggest bag even if it's dropped by a Klan member" autocorrect to "mercenaries" there, bro?

I blame the system as well. Kids are taught at young ages to be mercenaries. Unfortunately, we might see any fruition until class of 2022. That’s y Richt is trying his best to reprogram these young kids. Right now, they’re so use to front running and being sold to the highest bidder, it’s become callous.
Truth is a majority of the kids are morons and they think if the go to school X it means they are going to make it to the league and make $100 million in there career and will have all the toys and *******!

None want to hear or believe that it’s unlikely that they will make it to the pros and if they do it’s even more unlikely that they make enough money that they can avoid working after there career is over. And that a majority of NFL players are bankrupt within 5 years of retiring from the league....

Advertisement
I don't believe that's the case. Chad Thomas was a consensus 5 star guy that snubbed Bama in the end. You could say the same about Ahmmon Richards who's a high 4-star kid and just as good as TC and TS at his respective position. Each kid is different and that's the case here. Some kids like to take the bags, play up for the SEC inbreds, etc.. Others would rather put on for their hometown.
Yea Im forgetting money changes everything. You could be the biggest Sean Taylor fan and hes playing at UM as a soph and someone offer u and your family money u gone. Then On top of that all these kids watch is music videos pretty much about money money monwy so thats the motivation. Hard to say no when your conditioned that way.

Yea Im forgetting money changes everything. You could be the biggest Sean Taylor fan and hes playing at UM as a soph and someone offer u and your family money u gone. Then On top of that all these kids watch is music videos pretty much about money money monwy so thats the motivation. Hard to say no when your conditioned that way.

Not all of these kids are built the same. I'm sure Ahmmon and Chad were offered some sort of incentives for playing in Bama. Some kids may see the long term benefits (Chad probably saw connections for his music career in staying at Miami which will have more of a payoff than football for him) at staying in Miami.

But with taking bags, there's that risk that you're caught and your career goes down the drain, especially while you're still in college.

so let me put some pieces together of stuff various posters have said and see if I understand:

1. Someone (some people) advised (convinced) TS to transfer to Southridge. This was for the purpose of having more control of what he does.

2. The Georgia game has been going on since the move - in reality, UM never had a shot.

3. anyone left at Southridge with loyalty to UM or even interest in UM has little or no pull to influence anything.

4. This was a done deal ages ago - most likely 'benefits' have been in place for awhile.

Do those of you who know of this think TS knew what was going on? Have we been getting played to some degree? IDK, my gut tells me this kid has genuinely been torn. FWIW, it's been said on other sites that this kid and his mother have been under incredible pressure. Is it possible they thought they could control the situation but found themselves in over their heads? IDK, This is like the wild west. Hate to sound naive but it's nuts.

What Southridge connection Brock? That Southridge squad right now under Shedrick Irvin is not Cooney's squad with Pope and Scaife.

Cooney's connections are through the 7on7 circuit not necessarily Southridge anymore. This is like Harbaugh thinking he had a pipeline in place at Flanagin because he hired Bush...where's that pipeline now?

Once TS transferred to Southridge the writing was on the wall. The mercenaries at Southridge won't be pressuring him on the daily like those boys at South Dade who have since committed. TS was playing chess and he out moved the Miami coaching staff - they need to realize there isn't any loyalty down here. The same dudes trashing the program under Shannon and Golden are currently on Richt's side until it be hooves them to trash the program again.

You keep playing the game but Richt should have moved on, and I would hope moving forward he would get these turncoats to show their hand earlier. By now he should have learned his lessons from TC, Jobe, TS, and the like.

I think that’s exactly what the staff did. Learned from last year & found out he was headed somewhere else before the season even started instead of December. Kudos to them

Advertisement

Exactly. I can't think of a single kid like this that we've ended up landing.

Advertisement
That’s fine but that was a game that Nebraska was losing not us winning, similar to 86 and 02 for us. Luckily for them, they pulled out the game, a game they were supposed to win. We were overmatched and had no chance with Costa. That over throw where he missed the wide open receiver would have made Rosier blush.

Point is that it was just a matter of time til our defense broke, all time valiant effort though.
We were just minutes away of pulling out the upset and we had no chance? If Costa doesn’t take that safety at the end of the 3rd qtr to make it 17-9 we could have pulled off the upset. My point is that it was with-in our grasps and yeah fatigue and injuries were the deciding factors but the title was right there. Unlike when we got throttled by Alabama in 92

That entire UM DL was decimated.....Lang...Holmes hurt....Rock banged up....Sapp was a one man wrecking crew...until exhaustion took over....nevertheless....The most dominating DT performance in UM History for 3 1/2 quarters....Threw Frazier & Berringer (RIP) around like rag dolls....
What I’m trying to say is that the title was with-in our grasp.

We were just minutes away of pulling out the upset and we had no chance? If Costa doesn’t take that safety at the end of the 3rd qtr to make it 17-9 we could have pulled off the upset. My point is that it was with-in our grasps and yeah fatigue and injuries were the deciding factors but the title was right there. Unlike when we got throttled by Alabama in 92
That’s fine, my point was that we weren’t supposed to win that game like 86 and 02. If we win that game, 94 becomes Nebraksa’s 86 and 02. We already did it once to them in 83.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back