Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Lol, you’re right. Another dude didn’t talk about that a month and a half when he met up with a Bama booster or anything...he created a whole thread on it. They’re not using a church...do you even know it’s a separate law to use something like that as a front?

I love how you guys apparently know how bags are transferred...

Oh I'm not suggesting I do.

I'm just saying you may want to hold yourself to the same standard you expect from the rest of the board.

Your Uncle assuring you that Stevenson was signed without bags is a ridiculous claim. His family just happened to be sitting on a gold mine of frequent flyer miles?

Advertisement
Everybody shîts on rumph every chance they get but the last 2 years banda has missed on jobe, battle, and possibly stevenson. And he didn't even have battle as a priority at first. But nothing will be said.

I have said it multiple times but everyone just cries if you ever call a spade a spade. Banda has been just as bad on the trail and he can’t coach. I think Rumph can actually hold his own as a coach, but Banda is a **** bartender. I respect Banda for his hard work and becoming a D1 position coach at a major university, but he ain’t winning head to head battles for too many studs when he is up against the top flight programs. I believe Banda should be the first to go on the staff in my opinion. Richt won’t fire his assistants so we have to just hope he finds another gig....but I doubt that happens.

I have said it multiple times but everyone just cries if you ever call a spade a spade. Banda has been just as bad on the trail and he can’t coach. I think Rumph can actually hold his own as a coach, but Banda is a **** bartender. I respect Banda for his hard work and becoming a D1 position coach at a major university, but he ain’t winning head to head battles for too many studs when he is up against the top flight programs. I believe Banda should be the first to go on the staff in my opinion. Richt won’t fire his assistants so we have to just hope he finds another gig....but I doubt that happens.

Why do you say Banda can't coach, though?

I'm fairly certain people weren't expecting too much from Jenkins and Carter and they performed admirably (Jenkins moreso). I definitely recall a lot of this board being somewhat down on Jaquan Johnson and having no faith in Redwine. I've seen two years of safety play exceeding expectation on here.

Far from perfect, but I'm not ready to join a witchhunt

Said the same thing a few posts back.

Ppl being fooled bc Banda talks a good game in interviews and on Twitter (whereas Rumph is boring af) but he's the worst position coach from the original staff imo and he's missed way more than he's hit.

Rumph may be a dud recruiting wise, but he's an ace coach. I never worry about the CBs the way I worry about the Safeties.

I bet Rumph could develop Knowles.

Advertisement
Why do you say Banda can't coach, though?

I'm fairly certain people weren't expecting too much from Jenkins and Carter and they performed admirably (Jenkins moreso). I definitely recall a lot of this board being somewhat down on Jaquan Johnson and having no faith in Redwine. I've seen two years of safety play exceeding expectation on here.

Far from perfect, but I'm not ready to join a witchhunt

Carter took the worst angles I have ever seen a safety take haha. Jenkins was solid before Banda and played about the same his senior year. Johnson is a beast and o reason anyone should have been down on him. He was an alpha dog from Dade and was being two seniors when he was a sophmore. That’s just people not letting kids develope and wait their turn. Redwine is serviceable and hasn’t shown anything that leads me to believe Banda can coach. All in all, I haven’t seen anything that proves Banda is a difference maker and he isn’t the elite recruiter some have made him out to be. We can’t have two “green” coaches leading our back end. The problem we have now is, we are stuck with him because Richt doesn’t fire coaches. Also, no elite DB coach is going to come in an split duties like we have it setup right now. We are what we are with coaches and ability with our DB’s. I still believe the OL and DL win championships so we have to hope Simpson another “green” coach is some hidden gym. I’m a huge Richt fan, but he has made some questionable hires with his staff and I’ll let it at that.

Im glad it's coming to light now he's a UGA lean and not on NSD like with TC. We know this is going to come down to the very end anyway, would rather it be known now that we're the underdog!

Banda pulled G Hall while Bama was throwing everything at him.

Great pickup, but this isn’t baseball and hitting .300 isn’t a great number. We need more elite guys in the back end. I’m not going to go down the whole thing about stars and I do believe 3 stars can develope blah blah blah but so far we are striking out on most of our top targets. Is it bags, facilities, lack of coaching experience, lack of interest in Miami in general?? I don’t know the answer, but we got to get better.

Advertisement
Carter took the worst angles I have ever seen a safety take haha. Jenkins was solid before Banda and played about the same his senior year. Johnson is a beast and o reason anyone should have been down on him. He was an alpha dog from Dade and was being two seniors when he was a sophmore. That’s just people not letting kids develope and wait their turn. Redwine is serviceable and hasn’t shown anything that leads me to believe Banda can coach. All in all, I haven’t seen anything that proves Banda is a difference maker and he isn’t the elite recruiter some have made him out to be. We can’t have two “green” coaches leading our back end. The problem we have now is, we are stuck with him because Richt doesn’t fire coaches. Also, no elite DB coach is going to come in an split duties like we have it setup right now. We are what we are with coaches and ability with our DB’s. I still believe the OL and DL win championships so we have to hope Simpson another “green” coach is some hidden gym. I’m a huge Richt fan, but he has made some questionable hires with his staff and I’ll let it at that.
I think He’s been solid as a coach so far, but as I’ve said all last cycle I thought People judge rumph differently than Banda when it comes to recruiting where he has missed just as much

IRS needs to come up big for us if we want to get the best kid in South Florida again.

This ain't about Rumph or Banda ******* this up. This is about straight cash, homie. What UGA is doing right now throwing around money is unmatched, even by Bama. If this was about DB coaches' experience Campbell and PS2 would both be at LSU right now. Corey Raymond probably has the best DB resume out there right now along with whoever's coaching DBs at Ohio State.

Advertisement
Not laughing at you brother. Just helping put things in context. Recruits that are top shelf (mid 4-5 stars)are paid 25k by the big schools simply to visit & give them an oppurtunity... have a great day.

This is all you need to know. Once a kid accepts this type of money just to visit, then the real players know the game is on and it's about the bags. That's when the CBs start flying for GA etc. This weekend tells you all you need to know about this situation.

This ain't about Rumph or Banda ******* this up. This is about straight cash, homie. What UGA is doing right now throwing around money is unmatched, even by Bama. If this was about DB coaches' experience Campbell and PS2 would both be at LSU right now. Corey Raymond probably has the best DB resume out there right now along with whoever's coaching DBs at Ohio State.

Saban coaches the DB’s at Bama don’t be fooled. Smart lead Bama’s defense to multiple national championships and has sent a boatload of players to the NFL. It ain’t also about money like you all suggest. Sometimes we just flat out get beat and it’s happening more than it should....but that’s what happens when your staff/program doesn’t stack up to the top right now. We are a few years away from being with the top dogs. Rumph has actually recruited pretty well in my opinion.

Malek Young-HS All-American and starter before getting hurt
Bandy-Stud
Dean-#2 JUCO DB unfortunately he doesn’t understand how to play zone
Ivey, Blades and Frierson have potential to be elite.

We were never getting Surtain or TC so it’s hard to blame Rumph on those guys. Henderson he basically walked from after seeing Henderson being a little baby at the all-star game. Overall Rumph has been better than Banda. Banda is a great hype man but that doesn’t win recruiting battles very often.

Advertisement
in fairnesses to JC, he was WAY better his sr year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back