Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
You'll have to come down one time and we'll go out fishing. I don't go into the gulf too much, but we can try and hammer some snook, reds, and trout all day long. I've never really tarpon fished, but i feel like i've got to step my game up and make that happen

Spot them rolling from a tower, lots of chum (cut thread fin usually works and take a cooler full of em) anchor with a ball, you would be safe with 60-80lb leader but drop to 40 if not biting, 6/0 hook, then free spool your baits back with the chum slick (crab or whole thready), when they hit pop a few hard times to set the hook, cut your anchor loose, go chase the fish, have beer ready, and nothing valuable in your pockets.... cant tell you how many docks, bridges, buoys, anchor lines etc. I have had to jump off the boat and swim around to not lose the fish.

Advertisement
You'll have to come down one time and we'll go out fishing. I don't go into the gulf too much, but we can try and hammer some snook, reds, and trout all day long. I've never really tarpon fished, but i feel like i've got to step my game up and make that happen

Bro don’t tell me that bc I will hold you to that. Lolol

I’m going spear fishing in a few weeks for the first time

Spot them rolling from a tower, lots of chum (cut thread fin usually works and take a cooler full of em) anchor with a ball, you would be safe with 60-80lb leader but drop to 40 if not biting, 6/0 hook, then free spool your baits back with the chum slick (crab or whole thready), when they hit pop a few hard times to set the hook, cut your anchor loose, go chase the fish, have beer ready, and nothing valuable in your pockets.... cant tell you how many docks, bridges, buoys, anchor lines etc. I have had to jump off the boat and swim around to not lose the fish.

This is amazing!!!!! And i'm not sure i understand any of it hahah. Just kidding. Appreciate it.

Well now i've got the gist! Tarpon are rolling too

This is amazing!!!!! And i'm not sure i understand any of it hahah. Just kidding. Appreciate it.

Well now i've got the gist! Tarpon are rolling too

haha message me with any questions, I was a commercial/charter fisherman for years prior and during my time at the U and obviously still do it for sport.

Advertisement
Sed is a known cane hater ever since his recruitment ages ago.
Should have learned something by now seeing his nephew Tim Irvin ain’t doing sh*t who chased the sec compared to one of his best friends Jaquan Johnson flourishing at Miami and is considered a top 3 safety in the country

Watch out for sharks they love sneaking up on hooked tarpon.....never try that at boca grande places is LOADED with opportunistic sharks.

Advertisement

I don't get to go fishing out there much but I do remember that the one Tarpon I did hook was a heck of a fight compared to everything else. I am sure the bigger fish give more of a fight but never got one of those that did not snap the line immediately.

anyone have what the rivals 5 star challenge interview with Tyrique said?
Only mentioned us, Bama and UGA. Says recruiting isnt really stressful anymore bc he only talks to schools that have a chance with him. Is thinking about UGA and Baga bc he'd like to experience something away from home. But UM feels like home to him -- very close relationship with Banda and mentioned Deejay as a mentor and someone he looks up to.

“I have a real, real great relationship with coach (Ephraim) Banda,” Stevenson said. “I look up to Deejay (Dallas), me and Deejay talk about it. I actually feel at home when I go to UM.”
Stevenson says he’s not finding his recruitment stressful and that wherever he chooses will be “Whoever shows me why I should be there.”
Stevenson’s goal this week: To show he’s a 5-star.
“I’ve been progressing really heavy, upwards,” said Stevenson, who estimates he weighs 207 pounds right now. “I just work on my game, do things people can’t see to be the best.”

“I have a real, real great relationship with coach (Ephraim) Banda,” Stevenson said. “I look up to Deejay (Dallas), me and Deejay talk about it. I actually feel at home when I go to UM.”
Stevenson says he’s not finding his recruitment stressful and that wherever he chooses will be “Whoever shows me why I should be there.”
“I’ve been progressing really heavy, upwards,” said Stevenson, who estimates he weighs 207 pounds right now. “I just work on my game, do things people can’t see to be the best.”
6’1.5 or 6’2 207? That’s a big *** db

Advertisement
Advertisement

Got **** he’s big af!! We got Hall, Carter & if we can add Rique & Battle this year LORDDDDD

Ill wade next sharks and gators here in central florida...but what ive seen at boca had me cautious just do a leader touch on a tarpon. Its a straight up feeding frenzy there.

When they’re worked up like that you don’t want to get in the middle of that.

I’ve encountered plenty of sharks diving in the past, even a big tiger I got a picture of in Hawaii, and always kept my cool, but I wouldn’t want any part of me in the water when they’re hitting on any fish on a line. Big sharks or little sharks. Doesn’t matter. Once they roll their eyes back in their heads they pretty much don’t care what they’re biting.

When they’re worked up like that you don’t want to get in the middle of that.

I’ve encountered plenty of sharks diving in the past, even a big tiger I got a picture of in Hawaii, and always kept my cool, but I wouldn’t want any part of me in the water when they’re hitting on any fish on a line. Big sharks or little sharks. Doesn’t matter. Once they roll their eyes back in their heads they pretty much don’t care what they’re biting.
Did a lot of snorkeling/spear fishing in the Keys some moons ago. **** Cudas worried me more than sharks. They're very aggressive and you don't dare wear anything shiny.

Did a lot of snorkeling/spear fishing in the Keys some moons ago. **** Cudas worried me more than sharks. They're very aggressive and you don't dare wear anything shiny.

Always saw tons of them, they look scary, but I’ve never heard of somebody getting hit by them. So I was never worried about them. Sometimes it would be funny because there be a whole bunch of them hanging around. Just kind of floating there moving with the current, But when they took off, they were torpedoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back