Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
The last 2 years

Kirby is 21-7
Richt is 19-7

Other than Georgia's stellar season last year Kirbys first went average and they did lose 2 games last year, we lost 3. The Pittsburgh game is a glaring difference in how our seasons went.

Before that all the Georgia success was done by the man coaching in Coral Gables currently. Yes UGA is recruiting lights out right now, but if it's about wins, Miami is definitely right there with where we are trending as well
The biggest difference is the title game appearance and the recruiting success. Athletes these days love to jump on boats that are already built and well afloat instead of building their own.

Advertisement
Thats what most likely is going to happen cause our hat will be there and he lives a block away. Thats homegrown so its considered a diss to the home team.

Although he won't mean anything by it as we've been recruiting this kid and want him and there doesn't appear to be disrespect of any kind on our end. Him picking UGA on national TV is the equivalence of a diss, especially when as you've said, he's about a 15-20 minute drive from campus.

Especially with ESPN getting the announcement. Remember when the Heritage kids announced last cycle? Three of the four went to SEC schools, one didn't. Guess which one didn't air on ESPN?
that right there would make me pick miami just to go to the bad guys

The minute Kirby got there they were recruiting at an elite level so its not about wins, the wins came because of how well he recruited. It wasnt a secret formula at bama it was if I recruit beastly I will win, he took that formula from Saban and applied it to UGA.

How many of his players he recruited played last year? It's a small number and he got lucky with Fromm.

He won last season with a very talented and experienced team he did not recruit.

that right there would make me pick miami just to go to the bad guys

Oh, I agree. That would be a nice Fck you to ESPN and the SEC.

Having said that, I'm convinced that ESPN gets wind of where these kids go so they can televise the recruitment. A vast majority of their NSD announcements are SEC.

I think Miami has a modicum of a chance. But I'm in the outlier of saying that he needs to commit sooner rather than later. A lot of local kids wait until NSD to sign because the blowback and pressure to flip is non-existent once your NLI is in. If TS holds this out until right before the dead period, it gives the staff and local pressure little chance to change his mind. We saw the same thing with Jobe, he waited until the last minute so he didn't have to deal with any blow back and pressure to flip.

Advertisement
How many of his players he recruited played last year? It's a small number and he got lucky with Fromm.

He won last season with a very talented and experienced team he did not recruit.
I know Their schedule is pretty weak but they are replacing a lot at key positions. I dont Care what amount of talent you have, that don’t always beat experience and they got lucky last year with virtually no injuries outside of Eason

I dont believe in luck.....he still won with that team he didnt recruit. When he got there they were recruiting savage as soon as he got there cause he implemented Nicks tactics....y cant anyone see that? and hes starting to really dip into sfla like Saban does. They are getting gift and promises its not even a secret

I'm intrigued to see how he's going to do this upcoming season as a majority of the team is now his going into year 3. Plus he's minus 31 players plus a stud LB in Roaquan Smith.

Advertisement
I know Their schedule is pretty weak but they are replacing a lot at key positions. I dont Care what amount of talent you have, that don’t always beat experience and they got lucky last year with virtually no injuries outside of Eason
I hope they lose alot so u guys can see its not about winning fam trust me

Advertisement
The biggest difference is the title game appearance and the recruiting success. Athletes these days love to jump on boats that are already built and well afloat instead of building their own.

I'm not denying that. Just merely pointing out the winning aspect. We are not chopped liver at the []_[] and are trending as good as anyone right now

Advertisement
I dont believe in luck.....he still won with that team he didnt recruit. When he got there they were recruiting savage as soon as he got there cause he implemented Nicks tactics....y cant anyone see that? and hes starting to really dip into sfla like Saban does. They are getting gift and promises its not even a secret

Only 5 of his players played. That roster was already loaded and very experienced as a bunch of them returned for that run.

There's a lot to coaching and handling these 5* players that have big ego's and big heads. Saban is a master at it. I highly doubt Smart will be able to manage them. They will fall a bit this season.

I do think they are cheating.

I hope they lose alot so u guys can see its not about winning fam trust me

The Ole Miss should've shined a bright light on how recruiting goes. They had never won anything and all of a sudden were starting to pluck 5 stars and high 4 star players left and right. They hadn't won **** prior to that.

UGA had a good program in place once Richt was fired that allowed Kirby to keep the ship running. But Kirby's got a dopey personality where his HC record is non-existent prior to coming to UGA. Being a DC at Bama is irrelevant because I haven't seen any other of Saban's coordinators that went onto HC positions recruit at the level Kirby has. Jimbo won a natty and had a pretty good 4-5 year run while at FSU and never came close to cleaning up like UGA has since Kirby's been on board.

And I mention Kirby's dopey personality as it's about the HC relating and understanding kids today. So how else is UGA recruiting at this level?

Anyone with a UM commitable offer that goes to the $EC should have their Dade Hood cards revoked until their career is over.

Yup. Goon squad should pay them a visit and say you go to BAMA/UGA you stay in BAMA/GA.

Only 5 of his players played. That roster was already loaded and very experienced as a bunch of them returned for that run.

There's a lot to coaching and handling these 5* players that have big ego's and big heads. Saban is a master at it. I highly doubt Smart will be able to manage them. They will fall a bit this season.

I do think they are cheating.

I agree with everything but the cheating aspect. I'm calling it like it is because this reeks of Ole Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back