Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying special teams aren't important. But Bama and Uga are outlining to these kids paths to the NFL and Banda is talking about prove your toughness to the team first. Clearly theres a difference there when a 17 year old kid hears these things

Apples and oranges. What you tell a kid that you are recruiting versus what you tell a freshman player after he's signed aren't the same. If you think Satan and Liar are fluffing these kids once they're signed you're dead wrong.

Advertisement
Playing STs isn't a demotion....LoL....
SeanTay also played in Nickle Situations during the 01 season, he became an AA Legend..1st round pick, all the while playing STs his entire 3yrs..

I went to Traz and caught some of the Southridge/American game. Made some huge plays on special teams. Kid is the goods.

what kind of jobs are these family members actually getting? 80k a year to answer the phone? No ones hiring somebody unqualified for any meaningful position

I'm still not buying the bag excuse. I still think our defensive coaches aren't that good of recruiters. Case in point watch Banda's interview from today when asked about Gurvan Hall. He says something to the affect of we tell all our freshmen on defense that there job is to first prove there toughness to Hartley on special teams and not to worry about getting in on 1st & 2nd down. What?! You think Smart & Tucker are talking about to TS about some special teams? There telling him were gonna get you to the NFL and we are preaching special teams.
So it's a problem that a coach tells young kids they have to earn their spot and bust their *** on ST by being a great teammate and show you want to get better but mostly make your team better? Hmmm

Advertisement
what kind of jobs are these family members actually getting? 80k a year to answer the phone? No ones hiring somebody unqualified for any meaningful position

In a small town where the religion is football anything is possible. It’s not so much the job as what comes along with it.

In a small town where the religion is football anything is possible. It’s not so much the job as what comes along with it.
What they work for three years? Then there sons become millionaires either at bama or the nfl

Advertisement
What they work for three years? Then there sons become millionaires either at bama or the nfl
Let’s say you have a son that is top 10 in his position and Alabama has several players leaving to the nfl and graduation in that position. You move into a decent 2 bedroom house about 20 min away form the stadium. you pay no rent and the utilities are all “paperless” and paid on line. Except you never log in to pay them. Some dude mows you lawn twice a month and you don’t even know this mf’er.
You lease a used car dirt cheap for some unknown reason from some dealership that may or may not be associated with your head coach.
So while your job as a parking attendant may not pay well you really don’t have a lot of bills. Not a bad way to live for 3 or 4 years. Especially if your unemployed. It’s almost like those union jobs that the mob used to give ex cons. That’s why I say the more I follow recruiting the more it reminds me of organized crime.
Not that far fetched when you think about it.
Property is really cheap in Alabama.

Advertisement
Playing STs isn't a demotion....LoL....
SeanTay also played in Nickle Situations during the 01 season, he became an AA Legend..1st round pick, all the while playing STs his entire 3yrs..

Exactly...go back and watch some EReed highlights too.

Advertisement
I want to dislike this post because of the Stock update
The whole idea of that thread is an embarrassment. They literally titled it VIP update in the hopes non-members would join to find out what the update was. But that wasn't enough. He proceeded to make stupid comments in the thread like "Thanks for caring" when someone responded to really try to make non-members think they're missing out on some good info that they wouldn't otherwise receive if they weren't members. Just laughable the content Stock and Lake put out over there in the hopes of driving membership.

The whole idea of that thread is an embarrassment. They literally titled it VIP update in the hopes non-members would join to find out what the update was. But that wasn't enough. He proceeded to make stupid comments in the thread like "Thanks for caring" when someone responded to really try to make non-members think they're missing out on some good info that they wouldn't otherwise receive if they weren't members. Just laughable the content Stock and Lake put out over there in the hopes of driving membership.

Ivins brings the heat, but the rest of that site is trash

CIS best Canes site in the game... by far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back