Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

Didn’t have an offer from Miami until late in the season
And Why do you think that is? It’s not like everyone down here didn’t know who he was.
And yet here he is almost a year later still playing footsies with Coley. So he knew enough about UF to commit but doesn’t know enough about the gables to commit? It took bandy like a month to flip.
Maybe the reason we’re allegedly slow playing some of the db’s down here is because the staff knows what’s up with them and what they want. However Stevenson is such a talent that you have to take that chance even if you know he’ll probably leave to whoever drops the biggest bag.

Advertisement
Along with the Wilson and Coley talk, I didn’t like the whole “it would be a good fit for me to get away from Miami”. Although he’s constantly on Campus, going OOS to visit UGA atleast 5 times in less than a year is also concerning.

The veterans on this site have seen this story play out over and over again. Likely not coming here. Would be great to land him and you continue to recruit him until the end but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope.

Advertisement
You know what will help us land this kid more than bickering on a message board? PUTTING A BAG TOGETHER! Let's ******* go. CanesInsight can be the difference

You know what will help us land this kid more than bickering on a message board? PUTTING A BAG TOGETHER! Let's ******* go. CanesInsight can be the difference
Perhaps the bagman has become the boogeyman but it’s eye opening to read that article from Bleacher Report on Ole Miss and Mississippi State. These are middle of the road programs. Imagine what it’s like at the more organized places that have refined their craft. I’m astonished that the NCAA doesn’t want to figure out a fair way to distribute money to players in lucrative sports at this point and then actually enforce the rules. Open it up and make it a fair and free (to an extent) market that enables players to get some money.

from what I've learned from reading the boards over the years, usually where there's smoke there's fire. When he does commit publicly to Georgia, cats on here are going to come crashing down on the staff! after they have "shown the cat more love" than any other program. I don't know why any top talent in the state of miami is not kicking down the door to play for Richt, he is hands down the best coach in the state and in the top 5 nationally. Again, look at how his players play in college and in the NFL.

Advertisement
What’s the biggest reason why he likes Miami?

“It is just home,” Stevenson said. “There’s nothing else quite like home.”

He also said Miami will be receiving an official visit,

If he doesn’t sign early he ain’t coming. Like I said on a previous posts.
1: I don’t care if he parks an RV at greentree and goes to every practice. I’ll believe it when he signs
2: it’s all fun and games for these recruits until that full court press is on and every family member that got hooked up is waiting on you to not pick UM.

We only byke when kids like Stevenson are absolute locks instead of “hoping he comes”.
My concern with him was that he committed to the gators. That alone imo hinted at him being suspect. Especially with two of his teammates at the U.
I’m not saying he isn’t a good kid. I just question his desire to be a cane.

I think I read somewhere in the midst of all the BS in the thread that he said he was making his decision in December.

Advertisement
I also think a lot will depend on how Mel Tucker develops TC this year compared to how Rumph develops Frierson. Don't think TS wont be looking at that. Lets face it..TC might have come down to the bagman but PS2 didn't. They just didn't trust Rumph to develop Surtain Jr better then Saban would.

We need Rumph to continue developing kids like MJ and Frierson and we need UGAs secondary to continue looking like dog$hit in order to sway kids like TS. Yeah he might get a bag but there is nothing we can do about that. Lets control what we can control.

Still think this is more like Frierson than Campbell.

Except he's not Frank Gore's cousin.

I'm not without hope here, but it got me shook seeing Stefan say that he sees UGA as leading despite the fact that Stevenson's been on campus a ton lately. That doesn't jive with me

Bagman comin for this one. We have no chance without a larger bag. It’s time to drop. UGA is pillaging our DB talent base...pillaging

What will really be sickening is if they get him, and Cain, and Rian Davis as they are predicting.

Advertisement
Georgia feeling pretty confident on him right now . I just surfed through their 247 board. Doesn't mean anything y
I think I read somewhere in the midst of all the BS in the thread that he said he was making his decision in December.

Yes. And will be an EE

Crazy as it sounds..UGA is the hot school right now. Smart has a lot to sell.

*Came off a national title appearance in only his second year. (Won the SEC title)
*Half the roster is gone due to seniors graduating and attrition so they have plenty of playing time and "his kids" are starting to come in.
*Justin Field as the QB for the next 3-4 years and the #1 recruiting class from last year.
*Athens. College town where everything centers around you and the team.

We have a lot to sell too of course. But Kirby isn't exactly flying around town with a pocket knife either. Hes got an AK-47 right now.

We have to fight to get kids like TS and be in it for the long haul.

Georgia feeling pretty confident on him right now . I just surfed through their 247 board. Doesn't mean anything y

Yes. And will be an EE

Why wouldn't Georgia fans feel confident? BEtween their "we get everybody" complex, what our Staff Writer wrote, and all of us overreacting negatively, how could they not be feeling confident?

I'd love it if Stefan explained himself a little further, but I don't think he will because vagueries keep recruiting analysts in business

Advertisement
Back