Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

Advertisement
Advertisement
The bag game for this kid between Auburn and Georgia is gonna get big. Might as well cross him off.

The last UGA defensive back drafted in the first round was Champ Bailey 1999.

Wow that's crazy. But I'm not sure if that's the recruiting pitch we want to use... It was Our current Coach in charge of that program for over a decade after that.

Advertisement
Here's part of the Dawg write up from the weekend visit:

"The coaches let me know I am a priority and a great fit in their defense," Stevenson said. "Georgia told me they want to sign four players who can play cornerback in this class because they need corners. The Georgia coaches are just really cool. They know how to connect with us and make everything understandable. Coach Smart is so cool and funny - he is the type of head coach you want to play for.
"Mel Tucker is a great coach and an even better guy. I feel like if I were to come to Georgia, we would be a great fit together."
Accompanying Stevenson for the first time was his mother, who has also visited Auburn and Miami to date.
"My mom loved it," Stevenson said. "Now I am going to sit back and listen to what she has to say."
The Bulldogs signed four players from the Miami area in the last cycle, including a defensive back in Divaad Wilson whom Stevenson is very close with.
"I actually just got off the phone with him," Stevenson said. "We talk about everything. I asked him what it takes to make it at Georgia, he told me, and we just chopped it up."
8COMMENTS
Florida, Miami, and Auburn are among the teams also pushing with the four-star defensive back, but the Bulldogs appear to be well positioned at the moment.

Here's part of the Dawg write up from the weekend visit:

"The coaches let me know I am a priority and a great fit in their defense," Stevenson said. "Georgia told me they want to sign four players who can play cornerback in this class because they need corners and they wanna keep drilling that south florida pipeline . The Georgia coaches are just really cool. They know how to connect with us and make everything understandable. Coach Smart is so cool and funny - he is the type of head coach you want to play for.
"Mel Tucker is a great coach and an even better guy. I feel like if I were to come to Georgia, we would be a great fit together."
Accompanying Stevenson for the first time was his mother, who has also visited Auburn and Miami to date.
"My mom loved it," Stevenson said. "Now I am going to sit back and listen to what she has to say." bring that bag home"
The Bulldogs signed four players from the Miami area in the last cycle, including a defensive back in Divaad Wilson whom Stevenson is very close with.
"I actually just got off the phone with him," Stevenson said. "We talk about everything. I asked him what it takes to make it at Georgia, he told me, "bruh these n*ggas is paying mad bread "
8COMMENTS
Florida, Miami, and Auburn are among the teams also pushing with the four-star defensive back, but the Bulldogs appear to be well positioned at the moment because of bags.

No one wants to talk about that though. These kids and their foolishness.
How many of those years was under Kirby? He’ll just say I wasn’t here richt was that’s why you don’t need to go to Miami. Gotta get mike jack in the first in the next draft

Advertisement
He reminds me of Minkah Fitzpatrick and Josh Jobe. Nickel corner and safety.

Wow, he plays like a 24 year old HS Sr? And he’s only 17-18, that’s impressive. Especially the bonus of him knowing how to read and write.

Miami has a history of developing dbs regardless of coaches
I get that but What’s the recent history? These kids don’t care about what happened **** near before they were born. We honestly can’t use that anymore. While they were really tuned into sports Kirby’s defenses was pumping out first rounders at bama he can hang his hat on that because they witnessed that live. They’ve only seen Artie come here and be a first rounder that’s it

Advertisement
I get that but What’s the recent history? These kids don’t care about what happened **** near before they were born. We honestly can’t use that anymore. While they were really tuned into sports Kirby’s defenses was pumping out first rounders at bama he can hang his hat on that because they witnessed that live. They’ve only seen Artie come here and be a first rounder that’s it
We have a few who will be top 2 round picks in the coming years

Dbs drafted out of Miami since 2016
Artie burns
Deon bush

Corn elder
Ray Shawn Jenkins
Adrian Colbert

Got more nfl talent at db on the roster right now who should go in the top 2 rounds, it’s going to come relax

We have a few who will be top 2 round picks in the coming years

Dbs drafted out of Miami since 2016
Artie burns
Deon bush

Corn elder
Ray Shawn Jenkins
Adrian Colbert

Got more nfl talent at db on the roster right now
How many of those players you named went in the first round? I clearly said first round multiple times

How many of those players you named went in the first round? I clearly said first round multiple times
Artie, Michael Jackson should go in next years draft and jaquan might sneak in if a team feels he can be like earl Thomas

Advertisement
Back