Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

It took dabo between 5-7 years to change the culture. We have change the culture a bit but we haven't done the full 180. Losing 3 straight in embarrassing flashion doesn't help.

18 & 19 will be big years for Miami.
Yea but Golden got stacy coley......they say its about wins then why does uf get kids or fsu last cycle they beat us for kids we recruited equally hard...... U just have to develop relationships and recruit ypur *** off. U r correct FIUM he developed relationships and started getting the beasts then he won. I remmeber fans wanted that guy fired but he got the studs and started getting enough and won then he started getting everyone. Alot of programs rose because we were down and it will be a tough climb but we have tobring in the sfla studs to beat those teams n find the hidden sfla studs as well

Advertisement
Yea but Golden got stacy coley......they say its about wins then why does uf get kids or fsu last cycle they beat us for kids we recruited equally hard...... U just have to develop relationships and recruit ypur *** off. U r correct FIUM he developed relationships and started getting the beasts then he won. I remmeber fans wanted that guy fired but he got the studs and started getting enough and won then he started getting everyone. Alot of programs rose because we were down and it will be a tough climb but we have tobring in the sfla studs to beat those teams n find the hidden sfla studs as well

UF didn't beat us for any kids last cycle. And these kids we're recruiting are like 17/18 (Jobe was the exception at 27) meaning UF was winning when they were in pop learning what football was. Same reason FSU will be able to recruit for years to come. They will live of off the 2013 success. Remember kids pick their favorite teams at a young age.

UF titles are getting older and older and that's the reason they're trailing both Miami and FSU on the recruiting trail this year and came in last place last year, out of the big 3 programs in Florida. Miami has history and NFL pedigree, they don't. Richt has reenergized the fan base and the program.

Dominance in Florida comes in waves. It's our time now! The difference is when we catch a wave, ours tends to be bigger and last longer. But each top program takes a turn running the state. We here brother.

UF didn't beat us for any kids last cycle. And these kids we're recruiting are like 17/18 (Jobe was the exception at 27) meaning UF was winning when they were in pop learning what football was. Same reason FSU will be able to recruit for years to come. They will live of off the 2013 success. Remember kids pick their favorite teams at a young age.

UF titles are getting older and older and that's the reason they're trailing both Miami and FSU on the recruiting trail this year and came in last place last year, out of the big 3 programs in Florida. Miami has history and NFL pedigree, they don't. Richt has reenergized the fan base and the program.

Dominance in Florida comes in waves. It's our time now! The difference is when we catch a wave, ours tends to be bigger and last longer. But each top program takes a turn running the state. We here brother.
As long as we keep bama and uga out we shpuld be fine. Jobes 30 btw

Advertisement
The way sofla kids are I almost have more faith in oos kids like Brevin and Steele coming on board than a local kid that visits every practice. Nothing any kid down here does or says will get my hopes up any more. They have too many people pulling them in a lot of directions including parents and coaches. And that’s even before bags come into the equation.
Even dmoney said about Stevenson “as long as money doesn’t come into the equation” and bag season will start after the next dead period. Eventually those visits will slow down when the “attention” turns into pressure and it will be too much for him to stay even if he wants to.

The effect a kid like Lo had can not be understated. This class has no anchor and the string of 2020 kids jumping off isn’t a good look either. If tc would’ve committed last year around July or August it would’ve sent a huge message to kids and other programs. If no sofla kid wants to be that anchor then by all means let some oos state kid rep your city if you don’t want to. And by anchor I mean that top 5 vocal kid out there recruiting and shutting it down.
IMO Stevenson wants the be a cane and so did a lot of sofla kids in the past few years. But the temptations and pressure became to much for those desires to materialize.
Maybe the shape the team is in and the new national attention will be enough. But the only thing surprising about a sofla 5 star is not that he leaves but that he stays. And as a canes fan that sh.t just ****es me off.

he reminds me a LOT of Ed Reed. His pre-snap movement, feeling out of the play, closing speed and angel to the ball carrier is all intuitive. If he doesn't wear orange and green, he'll do history an injustice. fantastic film and football player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've heard the same but never saw it on the board, didn't want to start rumors. It's what my comment on the first page was alluding to, if he took money to transfer HS then we have no shot.
Southridge is giving out bags? Let's be serious for a second here.

IDK about Auburn so much but Georgia is definitely in this now. Stevenson is going up there this weekend - they are hosting a huge group of big time recruits. Just read an interview he gave TOS reporter:

quote:
You can add another name to the expected list of visitors on Saturday with four-star cornerback Tyrique Stevenson (Miami/Southridge).
The 6-foot, 190-pound junior visited Georgia earlier this spring with a stop by Athens for a spring practice.
"Coach Smart said to come ball out because we need some more Divaad Wilson's up here," Stevenson said last month. "He said me and Divaad can come be Miami all we want up there. Seeing what he was doing already shows me that if you come out, and ball out, hard work and talent will play, not just talent. I had questions about the depth chart but Divaad said he had people above him when he came here too. He said he just came in and outworked them." Miami was considered the team to beat but Georgia has roared back into the mix for Stevenson as of late.

"That would be a good choice because I really like how Georgia plays defense" Stevenson said. So I am looking at it. Georgia is a great program that actually just played in the National Championship. They are balling and they actually showed me an amazing academic program."

"They are one of my top choices for sure," Stevenson said. They said if I do what Divaad did and learn the plays and everything will work itself out with playing time. That, the coaching staff, and the vibe I get from them gives them a real chance with me."

As of now, Stevenson, who plans to enroll early, says his plan is to announce a commitment right before his senior season or during the Early Signing Period. Look for Georgia to get a Official Visit as well. (end quote)

Advertisement
IDK about Auburn so much but Georgia is definitely in this now. Stevenson is going up there this weekend - they are hosting a huge group of big time recruits. Just read an interview he gave TOS reporter:

quote:
You can add another name to the expected list of visitors on Saturday with four-star cornerback Tyrique Stevenson (Miami/Southridge).
The 6-foot, 190-pound junior visited Georgia earlier this spring with a stop by Athens for a spring practice.
"Coach Smart said to come ball out because we need some more Divaad Wilson's up here," Stevenson said last month. "He said me and Divaad can come be Miami all we want up there. Seeing what he was doing already shows me that if you come out, and ball out, hard work and talent will play, not just talent. I had questions about the depth chart but Divaad said he had people above him when he came here too. He said he just came in and outworked them." Miami was considered the team to beat but Georgia has roared back into the mix for Stevenson as of late.

"That would be a good choice because I really like how Georgia plays defense" Stevenson said. So I am looking at it. Georgia is a great program that actually just played in the National Championship. They are balling and they actually showed me an amazing academic program."

"They are one of my top choices for sure," Stevenson said. They said if I do what Divaad did and learn the plays and everything will work itself out with playing time. That, the coaching staff, and the vibe I get from them gives them a real chance with me."

As of now, Stevenson, who plans to enroll early, says his plan is to announce a commitment right before his senior season or during the Early Signing Period. Look for Georgia to get a Official Visit as well. (end quote)
Glad he’s announcing early. Cane!

quote:

"come be Miami all we want up there" is the worst recruiting pitch I have ever heard. Nothing screams Miami like Athens Georgia. Who the **** sells their city by telling someone to pretend it's a different city? Kid or not, I can't believe anyone falls for ****.

quote:

That’s directly from an article they had a few months back they about Stevenson. They just used the same quotes

Advertisement
Back