Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

I’ve been impressed by this kid since the first game that I’ve seen him play, but am I the only one that thinks that his highlight reel is more impressive than any of the dbs that we recruited (including the misses) from last year?

Advertisement
We truly need to win this battle. I would expect this staff to go all out for Stevenson like their careers depended on it. Landing Tyrique would make a statement that UM can and will keep elite 5 star nationally recruited kids at home.

Give me a DB class of Stevenson, Sanguinetti, Elam, Smith, Gant and Battle.
I think the DB board would look something like the following in no particular order. I know I have forgotten a few names and obviously this is subject to change. Please comment on DBs you all think we should be targeting this cycle. It has been stated that 2019 is relatively weak for DBs in South Florida so this list is more challenging that it usually would be.

CB Sanguinetti
CB Steele
CB Porter Jr.
CB Elam
CB Davis
S Stevenson
S Richards
S Gant
S Battle
S Smith

Coley and Ga going all in on this one. Hope he the type kid that don’t let boosters affect his decision. Him and Divaad Wilson supposedly buds. Canes just got to win this one somehow and keep 5 star talent home and outta SEC.

I'm sure the coaches will stay on this kid but I'm not getting a good vibe on this battle. Sounds like another South Fla stud who's going for the biggest SEC bag.

I’ve been impressed by this kid since the first game that I’ve seen him play, but am I the only one that thinks that his highlight reel is more impressive than any of the dbs that we recruited (including the misses) from last year?
I’ve said that before

Advertisement
Coley and Ga going all in on this one. Hope he the type kid that don’t let boosters affect his decision. Him and Divaad Wilson supposedly buds. Canes just got to win this one somehow and keep 5 star talent home and outta SEC.
Stevenson is much closer to dj ivey( who played with him the last couple of years on the same team) and Gilbert frierson at Miami then he is with Divaad Wilson and is on campus all the time with them

I think the DB board would look something like the following in no particular order. I know I have forgotten a few names and obviously this is subject to change. Please comment on DBs you all think we should be targeting this cycle. It has been stated that 2019 is relatively weak for DBs in South Florida so this list is more challenging that it usually would be.

CB Sanguinetti
CB Steele
CB Porter Jr.
CB Elam
CB Davis
S Stevenson
S Richards
S Gant
S Battle
S Smith

Forgot Dixon who would be right near the top of that list.

Advertisement
Dude has been on campus more in the last month than TC was the entire cycle but everyone swore he was coming.

Its like yall set yourself with these low expectations with no facts

Just temper your expectations until bag season rolls around. It's way to early to consider a player of this caliber a lock just because be visits a school down the street to hangout with friends.

Just temper your expectations until bag season rolls around. It's way to early to consider a player of this caliber a lock just because be visits a school down the street to hangout with friends.

Bag season has already started with the early signing period

It's too early to consider anyone a lock until he signs a LOI and shows up on campus eligible and healthy.

Lock is the most ridiculous word used in the recruiting world.

i could have swore that he sped up his highlights but everyone else was at normal speed. Kid is so fast and comes around the corner with bad intentions. Kenny Phillips was a good comparison another poster had.

Advertisement

CB Sanguinetti
CB Steele
CB Porter Jr.
CB Elam
CB Davis
S Stevenson
S Richards
S Gant
S Battle
S Smith

Looking at this list (plus Dixon), I honestly don't see how 2019 could be considered weaker than other monster years. 2018 CB class was better at the top with Surtain and Campbell. But was the DB class as a whole better? Debatable, IMHO.

Looking at this list (plus Dixon), I honestly don't see how 2019 could be considered weaker than other monster years. 2018 CB class was better at the top with Surtain and Campbell. But was the DB class as a whole better? Debatable, IMHO.
I think people are referring strictly to the South Florida DBs when you read that. In that sense I agree that it is weaker overall compared to 2018.

Dude has been on campus more in the last month than TC was the entire cycle but everyone swore he was coming.

Its like yall set yourself with these low expectations with no facts

Unfortunately the mood around our recruiting of local elites has been rather dismal. So when people on this board seem down about landing the big fish it’s due to how many times we’ve missed. The FACTS are we’ve been irrelevant for a decade and our local kids are looking at places they can win a championship. We just played in our first ACC title game. Ga Tech played in a title game before us. Think about that. We have to win first. Last year was a start.

Advertisement
Unfortunately the mood around our recruiting of local elites has been rather dismal. So when people on this board seem down about landing the big fish it’s due to how many times we’ve missed. The FACTS are we’ve been irrelevant for a decade and our local kids are looking at places they can win a championship. We just played in our first ACC title game. Ga Tech played in a title game before us. Think about that. We have to win first. Last year was a start.
The staff already proved they can change the culture and kids still left so this argument doesnt apply. If we won six games then maybe u could use this but u cant. Im so tired of seeing this posted here about winning. So with your argument If we continue to miss and Clemson gets beasts we will have to wait till we win one against to get blue chip players from sfla? This doesnt make any type of sense at all

The staff already proved they can change the culture and kids still left so this argument doesnt apply. If we won six games then maybe u could use this but u cant. Im so tired of seeing this posted here about winning. So with your argument If we continue to miss and Clemson gets beasts we will have to wait till we win one against to get blue chip players from sfla? This doesnt make any type of sense at all

It took dabo between 5-7 years to change the culture. We have change the culture a bit but we haven't done the full 180. Losing 3 straight in embarrassing flashion doesn't help.

18 & 19 will be big years for Miami.

It took dabo between 5-7 years to change the culture. We have change the culture a bit but we haven't done the full 180. Losing 3 straight in embarrassing flashion doesn't help.

18 & 19 will be big years for Miami.
It took Dabo 5-7 years and a fleet of brinks trucks to €hange the culture. Which is why when Brother Mark does it it will be more impressive.

Advertisement
Back