Tyrique Stevenson listed as first rounder on early mock NFL draft

If he runs in the high 4.4s and is viewed as a convert to safety, I can see him as a late second round pick or early 3rd.

If he tests freakishly, high 4.3s and is viewed as a permanent corner. I can see early 2nd.

I dont think he gets into round 1. Especially once the tape shows how many easy picks he dropped. He does have short area juice which is a good trait.

Does he really run that fast? I thought he was more 4.5 range with the way he got burnt but maybe that’s technique etc… I see more of a 3rd round pick honestly but he will be solid for a team

Advertisement
“Daniel Jeremiah is bat **** crazy lol”

- Friend and former colleague of mine who covers the SE for the Vikings.

Crazier things have happened, but I agree with most, 2nd round is best case scenario for him and thats if he absolutely blows his Indy performance out of the water. 2nd round is still **** good, **** 3rd is. I think he will be a player on the next level but 1st round is a stretch IMO. Idk how stacked the CB class is this year though, that could help him I guess (or hurt him).
remember Artie Burns

Advertisement
Daniel Jeremiah is a former scout and the most credible/plugged-in draft analyst. As we've been saying on the podcast for the past two years, Tyrique is our best NFL draft prospect:

Pick
Minnesota Vikings

Tyrique Stevenson, CB

• School: Miami
  • Year: Senior

Stevenson has some flaws, but he’s big (6-0, 214), fast and tough. He would be a significant addition to a porous Vikings secondary.

Wow🥺

I don't see a first rounder in Stevenson at CB

I do see a potential good SAFETY in the NFL

Advertisement
The Cis experts crap on him because he always hustled down field after somebody blew a coverage, they see number 2 running down field he obviously must’ve been beat. Fact is in man coverage he rarely gave anything up in two years and that’s why he graded out high. . In 2021 playing behind a god awful pass rush , that could only get pressure when blitzing.

Some people here are blind to how multidimensional he is as a player. From playing safety , nickel , cb or beefing up to play a hybrid role. He’s going to be drafted in the first 40-60 picks and have a long career. Laugh all you want.

My biggest gripe on him is injuries , he’s dealt with a handful of those in two years. But he also played through multiple injuries when most kids these days wouldn’t.

I wouldnt draft him 1st round. Think hel have a very solid career, but more of a 3rd rounder imo

The Cis experts crap on him because he always hustled down field after somebody blew a coverage, they see number 2 running down field he obviously must’ve been beat. Fact is in man coverage he rarely gave anything up in two years and that’s why he graded out high. . In 2021 playing behind a gif awful pass rush , that could only get pressure when blitzing.

Some people hear a blind to how multidimensional he is as a player. From playing safety , nickel , cb or beefing up to play a hybrid role. He’s going to be drafted in the first 40-60 picks and have a long career. Laugh all you want.

My biggest gripe on him is injuries , he’s dealt with a handful of those in two years. But he also played through multiple injuries when most kids these days wouldn’t.
I mean yeah and no he got beat a fair amount on his own lol whether or not they completed the pass is another thing. I think he’s a mid second early 3rd rounder but we don’t have mythicize him. He was the best corner we’ve had in a long time but the bar is low in that department

Advertisement
The Cis experts crap on him because he always hustled down field after somebody blew a coverage, they see number 2 running down field he obviously must’ve been beat. Fact is in man coverage he rarely gave anything up in two years and that’s why he graded out high. . In 2021 playing behind a god awful pass rush , that could only get pressure when blitzing.

Some people here are blind to how multidimensional he is as a player. From playing safety , nickel , cb or beefing up to play a hybrid role. He’s going to be drafted in the first 40-60 picks and have a long career. Laugh all you want.

Agree

He played in nine games as a true Fr on one of the most talented rosters you’ll ever find. Year two he played in or started in all ten games on that loaded team. He also lead UGA in pass breakups and fifth in tackles.

He’s everything you‘re looking for as a GM in todays football. He‘s a Swiss Army knife that can play all over and is a quality ST’s player. A db that can cover and can also mix in up near the los. I’d lean somewhere in the second round but there’s potential he could test really well. That could change everything .

Last edited:
Advertisement
“Daniel Jeremiah is bat **** crazy lol”

- Friend and former colleague of mine who covers the SE for the Vikings.

Crazier things have happened, but I agree with most, 2nd round is best case scenario for him and thats if he absolutely blows his Indy performance out of the water. 2nd round is still **** good, **** 3rd is. I think he will be a player on the next level but 1st round is a stretch IMO. Idk how stacked the CB class is this year though, that could help him I guess (or hurt him).
Yeah the nfl is gonna look at him day 2 or 3 and say that they have a guy who can fill multiplie spots and take him. His tape is too ehhhhh to shoot to first round.

Advertisement
Back