Tyrique Stevenson listed as first rounder on early mock NFL draft

I’d be surprised if Tyrique ended up in the 1st round given how good this CB class is. Now if a team wants to play him mostly at Safety? He could go higher. But otherwise I think he’s a mid 2nd to 3rd rounder.

Advertisement
I’d be surprised if Tyrique ended up in the 1st round given how good this CB class is. Now if a team wants to play him mostly at Safety? He could go higher. But otherwise I think he’s a mid 2nd to 3rd rounder.
GM’s see him as one of the more compete db’s in the draft, he’s literally a Swiss Army knife. I see a CJ Gardner type. Safety / nickel guy thats physical enough to play around the los if need be. I’d love my Eagles to get him late first. I think he’s gone by the 40’s at the latest.

GM’s see him as one of the more compete db’s in the draft, he’s literally a Swiss Army knife. I see a CJ Gardner type. Safety / nickel guy thats physical enough to play around the los if need be. I’d love my Eagles to get him late first. I think he’s gone by the 40’s at the latest.
Sure complete in the sense that he can do each well. But most teams will want to have (or need) just a CB or just a Safety. And while you can also argue a hybrid guy is great value and versatility, it’s also not as critical or a role. And as you point out the Eagles could be a good fit, which is why they’ve been projected to draft Branch so often who is basically just better imo at what you are saying Tyrique role could potentially be. Though maybe not quite as athletic.

This is a deep CB class and a weak Safety class. That’s why I’m saying if he’s mostly drafted as a Cb I don’t see him going super early. There are just a lot of quality CBS in this class.

Advertisement
L
Sure complete in the sense that he can do each well. But most teams will want to have (or need) just a CB or just a Safety. And while you can also argue a hybrid guy is great value and versatility, it’s also not as critical or a role. And as you point out the Eagles could be a good fit, which is why they’ve been projected to draft Branch so often who is basically just better imo at what you are saying Tyrique role could potentially be. Though maybe not quite as athletic.

This is a deep CB class and a weak Safety class. That’s why I’m saying if he’s mostly drafted as a Cb I don’t see him going super early. There are just a lot of quality CBS in this class.
At the highest late 1 , latest mid second. The 40’s has been the wheel house

Advertisement
Wtf is this in this mock draft??? Did I miss something that went on???

3DF0C672-5FA0-4019-9224-D4C022C83FB3.jpeg

This is a great comp, i feel like the patriots always snatch up these type of guys (patrick chung/kyle dugger/adrian phillips) or maybe a team who has a belichick disciple like the vikings and raiders

Or… if you’re in a division that has a TE who routinely abuses you then he may be just what you’re looking for.

But yes… covering on the outside on an island wasn’t a strength for him. Is he serviceable there if need be yes but you certainly don’t want him there consistently

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wtf is this in this mock draft??? Did I miss something that went on???

View attachment 235398
That’s an absolute lie and somebody should have to answer for that. More proof of journalism being a joke. The kid doesn’t party and as mature as any player I’ve seen in college. Teammates make jokes about him being an old man for Christs sake.

Advertisement
Back