Tyriq McCord to SLB.....

Advertisement
No scheme change. I believe he is just moving over to the position Armbrister played last year. Expect to see McCord dropping into the flat more.

AQM is the 4th LB in 34...two ILBs Mike and Will ...Kirby and Grace. ... SAMs McCord and Owens...The 4th OLB kown as Rush or Joker or Jack or Buck or Stud will be AQM 80% Pass rush 20% run cover

AQM is the 4th LB in 34...two ILBs Mike and Will ...Kirby and Grace. ... SAMs McCord and Owens...The 4th OLB kown as Rush or Joker or Jack or Buck or Stud will be AQM 80% Pass rush 20% run cover

I would break down those %s even further - the "pass rush" description is a misnomer. If you mean he'll line up at the LOS, that's fine. He won't be firing up the field 80% of the time.

Advertisement

I would break down those %s even further - the "pass rush" description is a misnomer. If you mean he'll line up at the LOS, that's fine. He won't be firing up the field 80% of the time.
Maybe not 80% but you want to send 4 on passing downs...in most cases he will be the 4th other times it can be Mike Will or Sam or S even CB or other combo of Blitz packages

Al is the same coach every day - just like he preaches. Continuity is king. No change is necessary because his system and plan is perfect. Agendas, cliques, players, fans, clouds, night games, and long walks are the problem. Stay the course and eventually enough opponents will fumble, throw picks, snap over the QB's head in a season for Al to win 10 games and declare victory. Might take 10 years but he has the contract for it.

Maybe not 80% but you want to send 4 on passing downs...in most cases he will be the 4th other times it can be Mike Will or Sam or S even CB or other combo of Blitz packages

I think he's saying he won't be rushing up field in Golden's scheme. I'd say we're going to see AQM in pass coverage just as much as rushing. Just like our DL isn't coached to use pass rush moves, just stunts.

Advertisement
Back