Tyriq McCord to SLB.....

deerob305

Junior
Per Matt Porter, Tyriq McCord has moved from DE to SAM Linebacker.... scheme change?? 4-3??
DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

On paper looks good..alot of speed in this front 7

Advertisement
he was listed there last year too. kid will be a linebacker in NFL. he has no biz playing with his hand in the dirt.

Per Matt Porter, Tyriq McCord has moved from DE to SAM Linebacker.... scheme change?? 4-3??
DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

No Heurtelou?

Advertisement
DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

My 4-3 would look like this:

Chad Thomas
Courtel Jenkins/Heurtelou
Kamalu
AQM
McCord
Kirby
Grace
Elder/Howard
Bush
Jenkins/Carter
Burns

Upfield. Fast. Forcing teams to beat you with low percentage throws downfield. That defense should be in position to dominate all but 1-2 teams in the ACC.

DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

No way is McCord a 4-3 Linebacker.

Advertisement
To be fair, Miami has been saying Tyriq Mccord is moving to SAM since 2013
Yes he was actually going to play there this past season but the AQM suspension threw a curveball into it and they had to have a presence at rush end.

Advertisement
DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

Chad Thomas
Kamalu
AQM
McCord
Kirby
Grace
Elder/Howard
Bush
Jenkins/Carter
Burns

Upfield. Fast. Forcing teams to beat you with low percentage throws downfield. That defense should be in position to dominate all but 1-2 teams in the ACC.

I just got really excited!

Advertisement
DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

Chad Thomas
Kamalu
AQM
McCord
Kirby
Grace
Elder/Howard
Bush
Jenkins/Carter
Burns

I just got really excited!

on nickle situations you take how mccord and add Howard

You guys do realize that in a 34 defense McCord would definitely be an outside linebacker right?
In a true 34, Kamalu and Thomas would start at DE, and Heurtelou probably starts at NT. IDK how big AQM is right now, but he might be big enough to play 34 DE, otherwise, he would also be a 34 OLB.

No matter what way you look at it, a 34 scheme does not fit for the type of talent we get in Miami.

DE Chad Thomas
DT Courtel Jenkins
DT Anthony Moten
DE AQM
LB Tyriq McCord
LB Raphael Kirby
LB Jermaine Grace....

Let us all pray

But McCord should have been playing lb

McCord isn't fast enough to play LB IMO

In reality, you don't have all 3 LBs on the field these days unless the other team is stacking inside. You play Mccord at SLB and basically bring him downhill out of your 4-3 looks. The rest of the time, you're in Nickel with Grace and probably Owens.

Whatever the case, what we're going to likely ask Mccord, Chad Thomas and AQM do next year will make me cringe.

Advertisement
Back