Tyrek Cole

------- Last month, one of our FSU insiders, Josh Newberg, tweeted out that he did not expect Tyrek Cole to be part of Florida State's class, and he expected Cole to end up at Miami or West Virginia.

After speaking with a few people close to the situation, here is what I can gather - Florida State and Cole are likely not going to happen. The Seminoles are concerned about some off the field issues, and are actively recruiting other corners to replace him.

The seemingly obvious move for Cole is to just flip to the hometown Hurricanes, something he has already considered doing. However, those close to him feel that it would be in his best interest to follow former coach Damon Cogdell to West Virginia.
"Cogdell is probably the only chance he has to stay out of trouble," said one south Florida source, noting that Cole has some "bad influences" around him, and "it will only get worse" if he stays close to home.

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Board/58/Contents/Daily-Recruiting-Buzz-87-30125380#M30125388

204.gif

Advertisement
I do see him flipping but not to us but to WVU. I've been told that he is a kid that does need to get away just for the sake of growing up and get away from negative influences. It will be interesting how his recruitment plays out.

If this is true, then good luck to him. Hard to argue with this logic even if, as Franchise said, trouble finds you if you let it.

One thing I know for sure is that FSU ain't droppin' anyone who can play. They had their police force cover up a possible rape because the kid in question is good at throwing a football.

Miami for him. Been that way since he visited long time ago and sat down with Golden. Heard Cole was real shook up and really listened to Golden. He got caught up in the FSU championship hype. He is a Cane. Miramar is so pro Miami too, never pictured him going anywhere else.

Miami for him. Been that way since he visited long time ago and sat down with Golden. Heard Cole was real shook up and really listened to Golden. He got caught up in the FSU championship hype. He is a Cane. Miramar is so pro Miami too, never pictured him going anywhere else.
What do you mean real shook up?

What was told was that some recruits saw him afterwards and he really did listen to what Golden had to say. The message really got to him. Not sure what was said. Not exactly sure who, but was posted here a while back. Even the moment he committed to FSU people felt he would still flip. Just got caught up in the hype. He's super close to the miramar kids here and especially with Tracy and his mom.

Advertisement

What was told was that some recruits saw him afterwards and he really did listen to what Golden had to say. The message really got to him. Not sure what was said. Not exactly sure who, but was posted here a while back. Even the moment he committed to FSU people felt he would still flip. Just got caught up in the hype. He's super close to the miramar kids here and especially with Tracy and his mom.

I said it from that day that people were shocked about him picking FSU because it came out of nowhere, like literally the championship won him over

Other than that one incident at a 7 on 7 event the kid hasnt been in any trouble, the whole get away thing sounds like a recruiting pitch by WVU

What has this kid done to be considered a liability? Has he been suspended, arrested....?

Honestly, no one has ever posted definitive proof that he has been in trouble. Certainly not from a reliable source, seems to be coming from FSU folks.

Maybe I missed something though.

Advertisement
Other than that one incident at a 7 on 7 event the kid hasnt been in any trouble, the whole get away thing sounds like a recruiting pitch by WVU

Nope, by FSU so he can get away from us which will hurt and going to WVU does nothing to FSU. Cogdell won't use that getting away crap because 1. Not his style to lie and trash talk other school to get on top and 2. He knows Cole so he won't try to run game even if he wanted to

Nope, by FSU so he can get away from us which will hurt and going to WVU does nothing to FSU. Cogdell won't use that getting away crap because 1. Not his style to lie and trash talk other school to get on top and 2. He knows Cole so he won't try to run game even if he wanted to

What has this kid done to be considered a liability? Has he been suspended, arrested....?

Honestly, no one has ever posted definitive proof that he has been in trouble. Certainly not from a reliable source, seems to be coming from FSU folks.

Once again been saying this forever lol I dare somebody to say what the kid has done. I know the kid and I laughed at the bull**** allegations especially when nobody can actually say what happened

Advertisement

Once again been saying this forever lol I dare somebody to say what the kid has done. I know the kid and I laughed at the bull**** allegations especially when nobody can actually say what happened

IMO i think its a fsu troll who started all this

IMO i think its a fsu troll who started all this

naw, wouldn't have gone this far if so. I think i was a member of the staff doing it not because it will hurt them but for arrogance that they'll get rid of the 4* stud cb from Soflo to just get one ho they think is better. that way they look like bosses and Cole looks like a troubled kid and if we get him we look like a school who doesn't care. Tbh, it's a smart thing for them to do except........ Cole isn't a bad kid so somebody like myself will instantly call bull**** and through time everybody will see it too

You would be surprised with all the negative recruiting and lies being spread to kids now a days

Advertisement

You would be surprised with all the negative recruiting and lies being spread to kids now a days

Im not and thats why I love Cogdell because he's one of the good ones. Ill tell you this if Cogdell came here the CC, Miami Gardens, hollywood and Miramar area would be owned by UM and we would have to turn kids away daily because i have never met somebody parent or player who didnt come way impressed by Cogdell. that's why we should be worried about WVU because he's already sold the parents and cole it's just about does he want to go there or stay home

If the rumors are false, why hasn't Tyrek Cole came out and denied the rumors? If somebody was slandering my name I'll step up and say something.

If the rumors are false, why hasn't Tyrek Cole came out and denied the rumors? If somebody was slandering my name I'll step up and say something.
Because that starts drama that he doesn't need. All this is is just talk and the ones talking about it the most are message boards which are irrelevent to most recruits. Now what does matter? What schools like UM and WVU think and guess what? They all have former m and Miramar alums on the team, his HC is no the linebackers coach at WVU and UM has been at Miramar heavy recruiting while knowing Cole for a few years now. Basically the schools he cares about knows the truth so why stress over lies?

Advertisement
Back