Tyrek Cole

Advertisement
------- Last month, one of our FSU insiders, Josh Newberg, tweeted out that he did not expect Tyrek Cole to be part of Florida State's class, and he expected Cole to end up at Miami or West Virginia.

After speaking with a few people close to the situation, here is what I can gather - Florida State and Cole are likely not going to happen. The Seminoles are concerned about some off the field issues, and are actively recruiting other corners to replace him.

The seemingly obvious move for Cole is to just flip to the hometown Hurricanes, something he has already considered doing. However, those close to him feel that it would be in his best interest to follow former coach Damon Cogdell to West Virginia.
"Cogdell is probably the only chance he has to stay out of trouble," said one south Florida source, noting that Cole has some "bad influences" around him, and "it will only get worse" if he stays close to home.

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Board/58/Contents/Daily-Recruiting-Buzz-87-30125380#M30125388

I do see him flipping but not to us but to WVU. I've been told that he is a kid that does need to get away just for the sake of growing up and get away from negative influences. It will be interesting how his recruitment plays out.

------- Last month, one of our FSU insiders, Josh Newberg, tweeted out that he did not expect Tyrek Cole to be part of Florida State's class, and he expected Cole to end up at Miami or West Virginia.

After speaking with a few people close to the situation, here is what I can gather - Florida State and Cole are likely not going to happen. The Seminoles are concerned about some off the field issues, and are actively recruiting other corners to replace him.

The seemingly obvious move for Cole is to just flip to the hometown Hurricanes, something he has already considered doing. However, those close to him feel that it would be in his best interest to follow former coach Damon Cogdell to West Virginia.
"Cogdell is probably the only chance he has to stay out of trouble," said one south Florida source, noting that Cole has some "bad influences" around him, and "it will only get worse" if he stays close to home.

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Board/58/Contents/Daily-Recruiting-Buzz-87-30125380#M30125388

can't believe fsu is actually concerned about someone's off field issues and if true makes it doubtful we would take him. our standards have to be higher than theirs.

I do see him flipping but not to us but to WVU. I've been told that he is a kid that does need to get away just for the sake of growing up and get away from negative influences. It will be interesting how his recruitment plays out.

Holgerson is on the hot seat big time and WVU isn't gonna be very good this year. Would be an awful decision on Coles part to go there considering all the teams he could choose from.

Advertisement
The Miramar kids at the are hungry focused people. Hopefully they'd steer him I. The right direction here.

The "getting away" thing always works out well for guys with sketchy situations. Worked well for Willie Williams and Grooms and countless others who needed to "get away". Bottom line: if you're a troubled guy (not saying Cole is), trouble will follow you even to remote locations like Assfck, WV.

P.S. thanks for another Cole thread. The first 30 weren't enough.

That **** will follow him to the ends of the world... best he stays close to home near his family!

The "getting away" thing always works out well for guys with sketchy situations. Worked well for Willie Williams and Grooms and countless others who needed to "get away". Bottom line: if you're a troubled guy (not saying Cole is), trouble will follow you even to remote locations like Assfck, WV.

P.S. thanks for another Cole thread. The first 30 weren't enough.

This by a wide margin.

Advertisement
Tell me how I couldnt get into my own account because I forgot my password lol now with Cole, I will say one more time he's not a bad kid and going to FSU wouldn't get him into trouble...... on the other hand though his people may be a problem and even I can admit that

What has this kid done to be considered a liability? Has he been suspended, arrested....?

Was just going to say this isnt a kid like the wr from central who is from the city, that has legit concern. This kid probably a small issue in the grand scheme. Dont think this is kevin grooms, or willietype of deal. I'Ll take this kid alll day, just a solid natural corner. Fsu has bigger fish and probably dont want the bad press and concerns of a kid that was gonna flip anyway

Advertisement
Was just going to say this isnt a kid like the wr from central who is from the city, that has legit concern. This kid probably a small issue in the grand scheme. Dont think this is kevin grooms, or willietype of deal. I'Ll take this kid alll day, just a solid natural corner. Fsu has bigger fish and probably dont want the bad press and concerns of a kid that was gonna flip anyway

I've been saying this soooooooooooo many times that I have lost count. I dare somebody to say what Cole for a fact has done to be this bad kid and all this time nobody can use anything concrete but somehow when it's other recruits to find their story it's easy. It's been simple Cole was leaving anyway and FSU is using an out to make themselves look good while avoiding the talk that Cole doesn't want to be there

No idea on Cole's issues, but if "trouble always follows you", you are the trouble

Advertisement
How long do you give him until he flips to Miami?

Let him flip at an All-Star Game so Miami/Golden can get the pub, all of the Big Fish commit to SEC schools during the Under-Armour All-American Game, Cole should do the same good press...imo

can't believe fsu is actually concerned about someone's off field issues and if true makes it doubtful we would take him. our standards have to be higher than theirs.

FSU doesn't recruit Thugs, Newberg is so full of ****

+1 for having Prop. Joe as your Sig.

Advertisement
Back