Tyrek Austin-Cave 2020 Recruit (title edited)

This kid is not a “meh” under any circumstances from my review of his film or his stats. I understand that he is playing in NJ, and not in South Florida, but he jumps off the film to me. Looks fast and very aggressive, blowing up play after play. I don’t care if he is playing in suburban Ohio, 160+ tackles is insane. Cannot imagine he doesn’t blow up this year. Imo, this kid is a take any cycle.

I suffer from the South Florida bias as well, but I remember when Jimmy recruited the Northeast hard, and we had a few kids from NJ on the roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
tbh if you were going to pick which level of defense you'd want to be deficient at in recruiting between d line, linebacker, and secondary you would pick linebacker. i'm not saying that we shouldn't chase elite talent at LB but i will say that if we can continue to be great at DL and in the secondary our defense will still be very good.

to me the two key players in terms of evaluating the LB recruiting are jennings and sam brooks. huff was a no brainer take and you can't fault the staff for the injuries to steed and wilder. jennings is the guy they targeted and have been grooming as shaq's replacement for 3 years, if he's not good that's simply on them. and then if brooks outplays his star rating and is as good as the testing numbers/stats indicate then it would be hard to say we didn't get two elite LB recruits in the 2019 class.

tbh if you were going to pick which level of defense you'd want to be deficient at in recruiting between d line, linebacker, and secondary you would pick linebacker. i'm not saying that we shouldn't chase elite talent at LB but i will say that if we can continue to be great at DL and in the secondary our defense will still be very good.
Man LB recruiting is so overrated bc we use the Striker. Ppl who keep crying about LB recruiting are sleep. 4-2-5 means we don’t recruit the position the same.

Advertisement

This is probably the one saving grace to the poor LB recruiting under Diaz. You just don’t need as many of them in today’s game because of all the nickel and hybrid roles being played.

Advertisement
A 6'0 200lbs fast, aggressive & dynamic LB with good speed & great tackling ability.

Highly productive player with 165tcks in 2 years as a starter & comes from a rough area in Camden that produces kids with toughness, hunger & perseverance.

The kid is a track athlete, ran a 6.57 in the 55m, has good instincts & constantly around the football.

IDGAF how much yall cry & complain, Tirek Austin-Cave is good LB & great pickup for El Jefe, Baker & Patke.

He'll thrive in our defense, if he's an EE he can play day 1 as a Will Backer or could be molded into a Mike Backer as well. Feeley will work wonders with this kid & AJ Mathis who is also a physical specimen.

I been high on this kid's ability since we first offered, outside of Hyppolite there's not a LB in South Fla I would take ahead of TAC, rankings be damned & yes that includes Wingo.

A 6'0 200lbs fast, aggressive & dynamic LB with good speed & great tackling ability.

Highly productive player with 165tcks in 2 years as a starter & comes from a rough area in Camden that produces kids with toughness, hunger & perseverance.

The kid is a track athlete, ran a 6.57 in the 55m, has good instincts & constantly around the football.

IDGAF how much yall cry & complain, Tirek Austin-Cave is good LB & great pickup for El Jefe, Baker & Patke.

He'll thrive in our defense, if he's an EE he can play day 1 as a Will Backer or could be molded into a Mike Backer as well. Feeley will work wonders with this kid & AJ Mathis who is also a physical specimen.

I been high on this kid's ability since we first offered, outside of Hyppolite there's not a LB in South Fla I would take ahead of TAC, rankings be damned & yes that includes Wingo.

The 2 most important posters here you and @gogeta4 love him and that's all I need to know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back