Tyrek Austin-Cave 2020 Recruit (title edited)

What is their to sell other than the possibility of playing time? We don't pay upfront & we just had a horrendous season where we were embarrassed in every big game we played & lost to teams we had no business losing to.

What "blue-chippers" are knocking down the door to come to a 7-6 team that not's paying upfront? The same immediate playing time we could offer is the same thing other programs can offer, plus cash & playing for a winning program.

Bhitchin, complaining & nitpicking every single recruit is a CIS Cane fan speciality, so have it, but this idea that the sky is falling & every single commit we get sucks is 1,000% retarded & nothing more than fans finding something to get themselves riled up over.

But yall just go ahead & show me all these 4/5-star players that are dying to come to Miami & I'll agree with you.

💯 I was gonna respond to the ignorance in this and plenty of other threads but I couldn’t have said it any better bro. To quote the inimitable Brock “Facts”.

Advertisement
What is their to sell other than the possibility of playing time? We don't pay upfront & we just had a horrendous season where we were embarrassed in every big game we played & lost to teams we had no business losing to.

What "blue-chippers" are knocking down the door to come to a 7-6 team that not's paying upfront? The same immediate playing time we could offer is the same thing other programs can offer, plus cash & playing for a winning program.

Bhitchin, complaining & nitpicking every single recruit is a CIS Cane fan speciality, so have it, but this idea that the sky is falling & every single commit we get sucks is 1,000% retarded & nothing more than fans finding something to get themselves riled up over.

But yall just go ahead & show me all these 4/5-star players that are dying to come to Miami & I'll agree with you.

Valid points. On the other hand, why couldn’t Diaz (DC and LB coach) bring in any LB blue chipper’s in 17’ or 18’? In those years, he got Wilder, Steed, Jennings and Joyner. Is that the best he can do? I’m not saying Diaz can’t fix this issue or develop that talent but nobody in their right mind can look at that list and not be concerned about the LB position after this season. We couldn’t get 1 elite player that is ready now? I’m not buying entirely 7-6 or bags is the reason this Defensive staff can’t close on an elite LB because with that theory he should have had more success in 18’ at least.

Valid points. On the other hand, why couldn’t Diaz (DC and LB coach) bring in any LB blue chipper’s in 17’ or 18’? In those years, he got Wilder, Steed, Jennings and Joyner. Is that the best he can do? I’m not saying Diaz can’t fix this issue or develop that talent but nobody in their right mind can look at that list and not be concerned about the LB position after this season. We couldn’t get 1 elite player that is ready now? I’m not buying entirely 7-6 or bags is the reason this Defensive staff can’t close on an elite LB.
Because he sucks & needs to be fired...

Let's scrounge up some cash for a banner, I'll call the pilot.

Advertisement
Valid points. On the other hand, why couldn’t Diaz (DC and LB coach) bring in any LB blue chipper’s in 17’ or 18’? In those years, he got Wilder, Steed, Jennings and Joyner. Is that the best he can do? I’m not saying Diaz can’t fix this issue or develop that talent but nobody in their right mind can look at that list and not be concerned about the LB position after this season. We couldn’t get 1 elite player that is ready now? I’m not buying entirely 7-6 or bags is the reason this Defensive staff can’t close on an elite LB because with that theory he should have had more success in 18’ at least.
Steed and Wilder got injured. They both were good prospects coming out and fast.

Orange bowl is nuts... he couldn't sell this 15 year mediocrity pile of dog **** to a 5*...especially hood kids who can ball.. some people just be talking to talk

Last edited:
Advertisement

Did I say a word about any other commit? Or did I talk about the backers? I have no issues at all with any of the other kids on the list. And again, I have no issues really with the 3 backers, individually. But if your LB class is these 3 and then some other middle of the road kid with questionable measurables with little upside, then yes, it’s an unacceptable LB class. You can use all the excuses you want, the fact remains, get elite recruiters recruiting that position and you’re landing kids more highly sought after than the ones we’ve got now.

And this should get all the homers riled up nicely, but FSU has 3 intriguing LB prospects that look better than any of the 3 we have. ****, our staff whiffed on 2 of em. But wahhhhhh, we lost 6 games last year, we can’t be expected to land anyone good. Lmao give me a break. Loser mentality.

I know this is just total crazy talk, but at Miami, I want kids better than Steed Jennings and Mike Smith.
this is unfair to steed because he has been hurt.
im not a big fan of this flagg kid but cave caught my eye. i could be wrong but he seems like he can succeed here

Advertisement
this is unfair to steed because he has been hurt.
im not a big fan of this flagg kid but cave caught my eye. i could be wrong but he seems like he can succeed here

Fair. And Jennings hasn’t played much. Just saying, when it’s June and we’re talking recruiting takes, if your argument is that he looks faster than Mike Smith...........ok.

the kid goes to a school that isnt that well known in NJ. my boy has coached multiple kids in Philly that made it to NFL recently and he said this kids a beast.
What part of Jersey are you from? Camden High is pretty well known.

He’s an ok take by himself. But when you combine this meh take with 2 other meh takes, it’s a problem. Miami has literally the world to sell to backer recruits right now. Any salesman worth a puddle of **** could sell at least 1-2 blue chip monsters in their sleep. It’s a joke how easy you can sell kids to come here and play backer given the current landscape. And.....I don’t see any kids here who are gonna come in and flat out dominate. Maybe they will, I sure hope so, obviously. But an A+ recruiting staff isn’t sitting here in July with the 3 kids they have committed right now. And you can’t debate that. Best case scenario, these kids outplay their rankings and offer sheets.
You clearly no nothing about the LB pos

Just be a fan and watch....

Advertisement
Did I say a word about any other commit? Or did I talk about the backers? I have no issues at all with any of the other kids on the list. And again, I have no issues really with the 3 backers, individually. But if your LB class is these 3 and then some other middle of the road kid with questionable measurables with little upside, then yes, it’s an unacceptable LB class. You can use all the excuses you want, the fact remains, get elite recruiters recruiting that position and you’re landing kids more highly sought after than the ones we’ve got now.

And this should get all the homers riled up nicely, but FSU has 3 intriguing LB prospects that look better than any of the 3 we have. ****, our staff whiffed on 2 of em. But wahhhhhh, we lost 6 games last year, we can’t be expected to land anyone good. Lmao give me a break. Loser mentality.
Which Elite recruiters would like on this staff?

Advertisement
Back