Tyreic Martin

I'm not sure if you'd call this a bad eval, but he doesn't have the functional strength to make an impact on this level. Maybe he's better suited for a mid-major.

He's only been in the strength program for a full calendar year, but when coaches are still talking about you getting stronger...it's a problem.

Tell us the specific problems he has with functional strength.

I just love when people apply specific attributes to a player when they have absolutely no hard data to make such a statement.

Hard data and the truth mean absolutely nothing anymore. If you say it and believe it it's enough for a lot of people to believe you. Even in the information era when facts are easily verified, too many people still fall for Bull ****ters

Advertisement
Kid got red-shirted last year. We aren't one game into the season and posters are already calling this kid a JAG. Makes logical sense.

he should be playing at South Carolina.

Fingers crossed.

clowney-1.gif

I'm not sure if you'd call this a bad eval, but he doesn't have the functional strength to make an impact on this level. Maybe he's better suited for a mid-major.

He's only been in the strength program for a full calendar year, but when coaches are still talking about you getting stronger...it's a problem.

I just love when people apply specific attributes to a player when they have absolutely no hard data to make such a statement.

Hard data and the truth mean absolutely nothing anymore. If you say it and believe it it's enough for a lot of people to believe you. Even in the information era when facts are easily verified, too many people still fall for Bull ****ters

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/spring-defense/119139

Here you go logical and well informed super fan -

DEFENSIVE TACKLE- Deepest group on the team. Coach Kool can replace Kendrick Norton and Richard McIntosh with Anthony Moten and Gerald Willis without missing a beat. This allows him to demand high effort. Willis was on the bike all spring but should be ready to roll in August. The story of spring was Pat Bethel. He looked quick at DT and showed off a nice spin move. He still needs to gain some weight but this should be a great spot for him. Tyreic Martin and Ryan Fines are a level below the other guys. Martin needs to get stronger and Fines needs to get quicker. Expect Kool to recruit some JUCO war daddies to replace them.

Advertisement
Throw him off the team. He hasn't dominated yet as a freshmans with a bunch of hosses in front of him.

Jesucristo, the 2017 season hasn't even started, and you guys are constantly looking for reasons to worry about 2018. Enjoy the fcking ride.
Jon Ford has been on campus for what 3, 4 hours tops?

How come he hasn't had any Sacks yet? Looks like another bad eval by the staff smh.

Does he possess enough functional strength?

And it's common knowledge that functional strength peaks at about 18 y/o. We really whiffed on this one.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE- Deepest group on the team. Coach Kool can replace Kendrick Norton and Richard McIntosh with Anthony Moten and Gerald Willis without missing a beat. This allows him to demand high effort. Willis was on the bike all spring but should be ready to roll in August. The story of spring was Pat Bethel. He looked quick at DT and showed off a nice spin move. He still needs to gain some weight but this should be a great spot for him. Tyreic Martin and Ryan Fines are a level below the other guys. Martin needs to get stronger and Fines needs to get quicker. Expect Kool to recruit some JUCO war daddies to replace them.

Smoking gun. Lock it up.

Advertisement

Smoking gun. Lock it up.

Exactly. Take your L and move on.

Smoking gun. Lock it up.

Exactly. Take your L and move on.

Done.

Advertisement

This may very well be true, but how can you make such a strong assertion without any evidence besides an anecdote in practice notes? I've looked for strength numbers online for current players and found nothing.

On a related aside, I think it's a bit foolish to pass judgments on OL or DL recruits after only one year on campus. You're talking about kids who probably have to make the biggest adjustments in terms of weight and strength. You can't expect a kid who probably got insufficient training for his whole life to all of a sudden max out after being on campus for less than a year. I know the redshirt is slowly becoming a bygone idea of yesteryear, but that concept still makes sense for a lot of recruits in the trenches.

Next year will be his third year in the program. That's when you should expect him to make an impact. If not, then you can start worrying.

Advertisement
Ryan Fines has ****** strength.

How does that differ from "functional" strength?

Is it similar to linear strength?

Is it similar to explosive strength or relative strength?

What Rok is talking about is dysfunctional strength, which is superior to functional strength, as any porster will tell you. But what we really need at 4th string DT is more farm strength. When our 4th string DT has farm strength, you'll know the U is back.

Advertisement
Back