Tyre Brady has committed to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 counters for last year, so we can only count 4 players to the 2013 class. Giving us a max of 29.

Advertisement
Pete or anyone, what is the reason brady is only a 3 star? what are the weaknesses here? not a star ***** but just wondering why he is ranked so low.

Probably because he's only played like 1 year of football.

Canes land commitment from 6-4, 203-pound, 3-star WR Tyre Brady of South Dade

Tyre Brady said he always used to tell his grandfather he was going to follow in the footsteps of Andre Johnson, his favorite player, and becoming a Hurricane.

Friday afternoon Brady made that dream a reality when he and his high school coach Nate Hudson called Hurricanes coaches as they were on their way to Duke to tell them he wanted to be their 29th commitment for the 2014 singing class.

UM receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Brennan Carroll sent out his usual "Welcome To The U" alert around 12:30 p.m., shortly after Brady said Hurricanes coaches told him they were pumped to hear the news.

Rated a three-star recruit by both Rivals and 247Sports.com, Brady is a raw, but fast and big 6-4, 203-pound receiver. He said he was timed running the 40-yard dash at 4.44 seconds this summer when he participated in a football camp at Alabama. Brady said he chose UM over offers from Florida, Florida State, Arkansas and Ole Miss.

"It was a long time coming," Hudson said. "He has tremendous versatility, plays both ways for us. But this summer he really mastered the receiver position at camps. Not all high school guys come out well-polished and he has some things to work on. He has to improve adjusting to the football, route running can get a little sharper. Other than that, he hasn't disappointed us at all."

Brady, who has 24 catches for 412 yards and six touchdowns as well as two kick returns for touchdowns, is already a full qualifier according to Hudson and will enroll at UM in August.

"They think I can come in and help right away," Brady said. "Me being the biggest receiver they'll have at 6-4, 203, that's what I want to do."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...r-tyre-brady-of-south-dade.html#storylink=cpy

I think if you put a gun to Golden's head he could sign 35, **** maybe even 36. We have room to backtrack a LOT of kids to last years tiny class (I think we enrolled 16 so we could back out 9 which takes us to 34 new bodies), plus we only played at 75 this year so the cap isn't really an issue. Let say we signed 35, backed 9 to last year, that leaves 26. You know at least one person in the class isn't going to make it in somehow. So we lose one, enroll 25 new ones. That's your 35 kid class right there.

My guess? Depending on who wants to come, 30-33.

16 is too low for last year. you're not calculating in the fact that transfers count against that number as well.

You're right. Who are we talking about? Gilbert and Renfrow. Anyone else?

Thought I read in one of the threads Pete saying Naim Mustafaa was returning to the team in the spring..

Well whether he does, or doesn't, it won't matter. He enrolled last fall so would count against last fall's 25 cap.

Advertisement
I think if you put a gun to Golden's head he could sign 35, **** maybe even 36. We have room to backtrack a LOT of kids to last years tiny class (I think we enrolled 16 so we could back out 9 which takes us to 34 new bodies), plus we only played at 75 this year so the cap isn't really an issue. Let say we signed 35, backed 9 to last year, that leaves 26. You know at least one person in the class isn't going to make it in somehow. So we lose one, enroll 25 new ones. That's your 35 kid class right there.

My guess? Depending on who wants to come, 30-33.

16 is too low for last year. you're not calculating in the fact that transfers count against that number as well.

You're right. Who are we talking about? Gilbert and Renfrow. Anyone else?

Thought I read in one of the threads Pete saying Naim Mustafaa was returning to the team in the spring..

Well whether he does, or doesn't, it won't matter. He enrolled last fall so would count against last fall's 25 cap.

That's what I was saying. You asked who the other transfers were besides Gilbert and Renfrow (guys that will count against last falls cap) and I was saying that Mustafaa could be added to that list of transfers as well

267.gif

Advertisement
Wait, transfers count against the previous year's recruiting class numbers (Pat O'Donnell, Mustafaa, Renfrow, Gilbert)?

Can somebody please confirm this?

Advertisement
Wait, transfers count against the previous year's recruiting class numbers (Pat O'Donnell, Mustafaa, Renfrow, Gilbert)?

Can somebody please confirm this?

I may be mistaken, but I don't think graduate transfers count.

Advertisement

SEC Schools Still After Brady
-Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi State and Ole Miss are still recruiting him
-Not planning on taking other visits because he's solid to UM
-Wants to flip CJ Worton, but hasn't had any luck
-Brady almost committed to Kentucky in the summer but it fell through
-Miami is his dream school and feels like home.
-2013 Stats: 32 Reception, 529 yards, 9 TD. South Dade takes on Palm Beach Gardens in FL 8A Semi Finals

Link: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1582412

this kid is a monster if he redshirts. i think with good coaching, he can be an nfl player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back