Tyler Van Dyke [Old Bumped Thread]

I think it was the UNC game that Rambo was ****ed that he wasn’t getting the rock. Rambo was pretty pedestrian up until that game, sans the MSU game. It was the NCSt game that paired TVD w/ Rambo (after UNC), that both of them put up outstanding #’s.

Matter of fact, if the math is correct, in TVD’s 6 game stretch of going over 300 yards:
-34% of those yards (2,194)
-20% of those TDs (20)
-28% of the completions (157)
ALL came by way of Rambo!!

That’s a crazy user rate: So basically 1 in 3 of his yards, 1 in 5 of his TDs, & 1 in 3.5 of his completions all came by way of Rambo. Crazy connection.
Look at Lashlee’s SMU offenses (as an OC, not the current team) and the numbers tell a similar story. He likes to feature his WR1 heavily. In 2019 James Proche had 111 receptions. The second leading receiver had 43. In 2018, Proche had 93 and the next guy had 52.

Advertisement
Look at Lashlee’s SMU offenses (as an OC, not the current team) and the numbers tell a similar story. He likes to feature his WR1 heavily. In 2019 James Proche had 111 receptions. The second leading receiver had 43. In 2018, Proche had 93 and the next guy had 52.

Facts!

I like to man up on things, even if I didn’t specifically reply in a post/thread.

We saw TVD w/ some limited action as a True Frosh & he looked completely lost. I was not sold on him, at all. Nor was I sold on him against UVA or UNC. I think @DMoney made a post about him as well.

I don’t think one person was sold on him. Then, something happened w/ Lashlee; he took the training wheels off & just let him play ball. The thinking aspect went to an instinct aspect. From NCSt til present, he became thee man. Granted, he didn’t play especially well against FSU, either. If u recall, he was struggling mightily until the latter part of the game, but 4 of his last 6 games, he looked outstanding.

Looking fwd to seeing this young man take the next step. My only caution, & this is w/ any QB who starts off hot early, is now there’s a full season of footage to dissect. I rewatched a lot of his games & he got away w/ some throws that should’ve been int’d if the defender was playing the ball & not the WR. However, based upon practice reports, he appears to be even more comfortable. The QB room appears to be the most stable out of all the rooms, & let’s not discount a healthy King allowing TVD to sit a yr vs. being thrown to the wolves.

It looked to me that Lashlee was trying to have TVD run the offense that was designed for D'Eriq King. After a couple games, it appeared that Lashlee put a game plan in place for TVD.

It looked to me that Lashlee was trying to have TVD run the offense that was designed for D'Eriq King. After a couple games, it appeared that Lashlee put a game plan in place for TVD.
He admitted to being afraid to take the handcuffs off until after North Carolina. I guess at that point, your team is 2-4 and you’re going with a redshirt freshman, you might as well let him loose.

Best QB on the roster as soon as he steps on campus.
Derek Jeter Baseball GIF

Advertisement
David Hale had a tweet thread talking about how good TVDs 6 game stretch was last year. And then gave this graphic:
20220412_090400.png

That's very good company.

Advertisement
Back