Tyler Van Dyke [Old Bumped Thread]

The kid has the talent and the mental aspect we are desperately missing in the QB room. You are acting like the current QBs are good.
What are you basing this off? I’m as excited for the kid as a QB more than anybody since jacory and the hype he received. But he hasn’t proved ****

Advertisement
I'm just looking forward to endless off season debate of who will win the QB competition.

I'm already having a tough enough time with the off-season. Might be the worst one yet by the time it's all said and done. At least the worst since the Golden era.

Advertisement
I'm just looking forward to endless off season debate of who will win the QB competition.
One great thing about this offense is how easy it is to pick a receiver to throw to. The read is much easier. All of the QBs read/throw analysis is going to improve. There is a "see me" built in so if the defense does something that makes the less likely to work, the play is changed from the sideline. Let's repeat that: FROM THE SIDELINE. If our QBs struggle with the mental aspects of the game, then isn't reasonable to assume that all QBs will perform better with an easier offense? Like last season, the QB battle should be wide open, and although I think you are joking, I actually am very interested. I think all will do very well and the new OC's decision may actually be difficult.

We'll see.

What are you basing this off? I’m as excited for the kid as a QB more than anybody since jacory and the hype he received. But he hasn’t proved ****

Tape, multi-sport athlete, and comments from coaches. I was never high on Perry, but was high on Jarren. However, I did not know about the character issues. Agree he hasnt proven ****, but think he has the best chance out of the bunch to reach his true potential.

I'm already having a tough enough time with the off-season. Might be the worst one yet by the time it's all said and done. At least the worst since the Golden era.
We're all here for you, buddy. Misery loves company.

Advertisement
One great thing about this offense is how easy it is to pick a receiver to throw to. The read is much easier. All of the QBs read/throw analysis is going to improve. There is a "see me" built in so if the defense does something that makes the less likely to work, the play is changed from the sideline. Let's repeat that: FROM THE SIDELINE. If our QBs struggle with the mental aspects of the game, then isn't reasonable to assume that all QBs will perform better with an easier offense? Like last season, the QB battle should be wide open, and although I think you are joking, I actually am very interested. I think all will do very well and the new OC's decision may actually be difficult.

We'll see.
The problem is we can't really tell what we have based on last year.

I'm optimistic about Lashlee though.

He has to win the competition. I'm not optimistic. I think it's far more likely that Williams and Kosi are again 1A and 1B in the competition. I know guys hope that's not the case but if everyone here had to put money on it, i seriously doubt that the majority would bet on TVD or Matocha. I'm not aware that they are even the kind of quarterback talents to expect such a thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I heard he has the arm of Mahommes, legs of Lamar Jackson, leadership of Brady, escapability of Russell Wilson, and the accuracy of Brees.

If true, I'm willing to guarantee we will go no worse than 6-7 next year.

This program is so much more flawed than one player...

Same was said about Jacory Harris.

from everything ive heard about J12 going back to HS and in the film room, hes actually a smart dude. if he were placed in an offense that meshed with his abilities, we wouldve been better off. instead we got whipple who treated him as if he were big ben

We'll see.
How easy it is to pick someone to throw to? We have QBs that can't see one DB covering two WRs, or that know to THROW the ball in a Hail Mary situation.

The kid has the talent and the mental aspect we are desperately missing in the QB room. You are acting like the current QBs are good.
No, he's acting like we said the same thing about every QB ever. Every **** year it's "oh he's the bestest" followed by "he's the worstest" when he fails to win the starting job or throws too many picks. We've already got 3 guys who CIS thought were instantly the best QB we had, and they all suck about the same amount.

Advertisement
Back