Tyler Van Dyke [Old Bumped Thread]

Unless he has exceptional arm talent, I think he should redshirt this season & learn the offense. We need a Grad Transfer that can come in right away & get us some wins.

I'm not against starting a TF, they've been successful in this new era of football, we could go with the AZ St model like how they did with Jayden Daniels, but he was an unquestioned high ranked & caliber QB that was going to light it up no matter what. I don't think TVD is that level yet.

Let him compete in Spring & see how fast & far he comes along, if he takes everybody by surprise & is by the far the best QB then give'em a shot, but if it's close & he's still learning then let him shirt & continue to develop so he can be ready for the 21 season.

Now, people will probably say let'em compete till Fall camp, but I disagree with that, this Fall we need an absolute starter that takes all the reps, for too many seasons in a row we've had to split 1st team reps in Fall camp & had long drawn out QB competitions go down to wire, only to see the reason why these QB comps take so long is because the QB's can't elevate their game & none of them are really all that good. This season we need a Grad Transfer to come in & just take over, put an end to the QB comp in Spring/Summer & walk into Fall camp with a command of the playbook & locker room.

I'm not against TVD playing this year, but only if he completely blows the doors off the competition early, otherwise just get a GT QB in here & send these other dudes packing.

This is an urgent win now season, we don't have the luxury of waiting for the other 3 to finally have the lights come on upstairs. If I'm Diaz/Lashlee as soon as I get a GT QB & I'm sitting down with the 3 incumbents & telling them you're free to go wherever you want, if you decide to stay get comfortable in the backup role because yall not playing this year.

Advertisement
Unless he has exceptional arm talent, I think he should redshirt this season & learn the offense. We need a Grad Transfer that can come in right away & get us some wins.

I'm not against starting a TF, they've been successful in this new era of football, we could go with the AZ St model like how they did with Jayden Daniels, but he was an unquestioned high ranked & caliber QB that was going to light it up no matter what. I don't think TVD is that level yet.

Let him compete in Spring & see how fast & far he comes along, if he takes everybody by surprise & is by the far the best QB then give'em a shot, but if it's close & he's still learning then let him shirt & continue to develop so he can be ready for the 21 season.

Now, people will probably say let'em compete till Fall camp, but I disagree with that, this Fall we need an absolute starter that takes all the reps, for too many seasons in a row we've had to split 1st team reps in Fall camp & had long drawn out QB competitions go down to wire, only to see the reason why these QB comps take so long is because the QB's can't elevate their game & none of them are really all that good. This season we need a Grad Transfer to come in & just take over, put an end to the QB comp in Spring/Summer & walk into Fall camp with a command of the playbook & locker room.

I'm not against TVD playing this year, but only if he completely blows the doors off the competition early, otherwise just get a GT QB in here & send these other dudes packing.

This is an urgent win now season, we don't have the luxury of waiting for the other 3 to finally have the lights come on upstairs. If I'm Diaz/Lashlee as soon as I get a GT QB & I'm sitting down with the 3 incumbents & telling them you're free to go wherever you want, if you decide to stay get comfortable in the backup role because yall not playing this year.

as long as none of the other three are starting, im fine w whoever else comes in

I heard he has the arm of Mahommes, legs of Lamar Jackson, leadership of Brady, escapability of Russell Wilson, and the accuracy of Brees.
... and lightning bolts fire out of his ****.

If he can take the job, he takes the job. I don't see any reason to redshirt a QB unless they can't physically and/or mentally handle the position. If he's good enough to start this year, he'll leave after his junior year anyway.

Where there’s hope there’s hope.

I really like the way he moves to his left and still nails the receiver. Very very good arm.
Love the size. Foot speed is a concern.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop putting unrealistic expectations on this kid. We deemed Perry and Williams as the same their first year before they got to miami

"We" didn't say the same about Perry or Williams, ever. Some might've, but most didn't.

Was never high on Perry from the get-go—his claim to fame early-on, working with Jameis Winston (nice role model) while there was cautious optimism about Williams, who was Kentucky-bound before Miami.

Van Dyke's work-ethic appears to be off-the-charts—and based on the lazy, soft-*** nature of Miami's current quarterbacks—one more concerned with social media than a playbook, another who threatened to transfer last year (and regressed by the end of this year) and a third, who was last seen running for his life in Shreveport on one series—on the heels of two leaves of absence over a month and his head jammed up his influencer girlfriend's big culo—hardly out of line to be optimistic about Van Dyke.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Van Dyke to beat all three of those betas out—as dude is an alpha that's heading south with the sole intent of winning the starting job as a freshman. Haven't had a guy like that on campus in a while. Will be a nice change of pace.

The only caveat here; Williams growing up and maturing super-fast the off-season and diving in to whatever Lashlee throws at him. If so, Van Dyke can take a redshirt and hopefully see action in four games—but Williams' track record to date sucks and he's 0-for-2 after this season's tank job and last year's almost-transfer.

Last edited:
The problem is we can't really tell what we have based on last year.

I'm optimistic about Lashlee though.
Recruiting is also based on HEART AND COURAGE. Put maturity in the conversation. That's all we need. I'M convinced that he will be a rock solid

Advertisement
First it was 3 years ago Kosi was da gaw and would easily unseat rosier

Two years ago, Jarren was was mentally superior and had the accuracy of a laser and would unseat everyone

Last season it was 5’9 Tate flying in from the heavens, because Urban wanted him and because he went undefeated in HS

Now TVD is the savior!
It's called ANTICIPATION...........and HOPE...

Advertisement
Recruiting is also based on HEART AND COURAGE. Put maturity in the conversation. That's all we need. I'M convinced that he will be a rock solid
Well, TVD hasn't been corrupted by Richt or Enos.

Advertisement
Back